This could possibly be the biggest storm in the history of modern earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: This could possibly be the biggest storm in the history of modern earth
(11-11-2013 10:49 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  You, my good sir, made the challenge to me. You, my good sir, announced your position in your very first post addressing my points.

I have barely made a position for myself, I have only stated facts which your belief contests. So how could i even decide who disagrees with me?

You didn't state any facts. Do you really think anyone takes you seriously? I have felt sorry for you since the moment you said you don't believe in global warming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
(11-11-2013 10:49 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  And you have chosen to assign a position and ascribe beliefs to me which I have not espoused.

You are an ass. You are a fanatical nutjob who sees any disagreement with his position as opposition.

Fuck off.

You, my good sir, made the challenge to me. You, my good sir, announced your position in your very first post addressing my points.

No, I did not announce my position - you assumed it because I disagreed about the importance of the East Anglia affair and suggested that was a result of listening to the deniers.

Any rational look at the content of those e-mails from a few people at a minor university shows that they are not evidence of anything important.

Quote:I have barely made a position for myself, I have only stated facts which your belief contests. So how could i even decide who disagrees with me?

You have stated opinions that are contested by facts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-11-2013, 11:50 AM
(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Yes, Global Warming is no longer a 'fact' I was surprised ot see any support of it here,

Uh... huh...

(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  A series of leaked emails showed how the peer reviewing of the work done by the university of East Anglia, was carried out in a fraudulent and unethical manner. The hockey stick graph has been proven a falsehood, and the trend is not following the predicted idea.

Yeah. No. The so-called "fraudelent and unethical" work was a matter of routine statistical analysis. So there's that.

The "hockey stick" is not even a thing. It's a hilariously simplistic exponential model, which was never claimed or advocated by anybody ever. It was invented by people who wanted a nice, easy strawman to argue against. So there's that.

(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  The IPPC who were in charge of the 'Global Warming Scam' have shifted their concentration and PR'd it up to MMCC.. There is no Global Warming, there is only Man Made Climate Change.

The reason it's not exclusively called warming is that the results are not exclusively warming. So there's that.

Although, question: what portion of their latest reports would you say is still "a scam"?

(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  The biggest fallacy found by people who did not sign up to the false religion of Global warming, was that CO2 actually follows increases in temperature and does not cause it, a nice falsehood taught to everyone for the last 60 or so years.

Sure. If by false you mean true. And religion you mean science. So not at all, in other words.

(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  NOTE: At no point did I mention that Man is or is not having an impact on the climate.. I just pointed out what a fool you are if you still believe in the dinosaur of a fallacy of 'Global Warming'

In which case, necessarily, if you do believe humans are impacting our climate (as you later affirm!), it is in a way which is... not predominantly warming? I guess? How is it changing, then?

Though, you seem to be able to invent discern quite a bit about several people's opinions based on a couple incidental uses of an established vernacular term in a casual discussion on an internet forum.

(11-11-2013 10:14 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  The Global Warming scam that you adhere to, was proven to be nothing more than a 'cause' and a belief. (Their words, the words of your prophets from the University of East Anglia) The people you call deniers, are those that saw through the lies and dared question the 'cause'.. The unrelenting ad hominen attacks against those that dare question your beliefs is a typical attitude of religion followers.

Oh we few, we happy few, who dare to challenge The Man and His Big Science Conspiracy!

You... you do realize how loony that sounds, right?

You said: the leaked emails mean IT'S ALL LIES.
Chas said: no, they don't.
You said: u mad cuz I dissin ur prophets?

Not a particularly great rebuttal, I must say.

(11-11-2013 10:14 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Their findings have been found to be fallacious and selective, which is a fair description of many of the holy texts that religions swear to.

Except... not. Again; routine statistical analysis. So there's that. Again.

(11-11-2013 10:14 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  My personal angst is that this (the scam) has done untold damage to the ability for the people of the world to actually take action and sort out the Climate change that they are affecting, because we are still wallowing in the incorrect solution given over by the Global Warming cult.

We are still dumping TW's of energy a day into the earths atmosphere, and wonder why things are getting more severe. No matter how much CO2 you stop or capture, no matter how much energy you generate from renewables.. the energy is still being dumped where it effects the planet.

Even in modern times does scientific progress have to fight outdated, regurgitated, restrictional dogma, Global warming has been proven to be the stuff science abhors.

I gotta admit, that's a new one on me. "Global warming" is a vast over-arching fake religious conspiracy - but climate change is still real?

If you're insisting it's all a fraudulently maintained conspiracy (which there's of course no evidence whatsoever for, but let's roll with it) then it still makes no sense unless you can explain who is doing so and why. So, then. Who is doing so, and why?

"Dumping energy into the atmosphere"... You, uh, don't really get thermodynamics, do you?

Let us consider solar power. This consists of absorbing incident solar radiation and using it to do work. This process cannot be more than 100% efficient, and therefore the final amount of energy 'dumped' into 'the Earth' is, y'know, less than or equal to the amount absorbed in the first place. And if it wasn't captured and redirected by human activity then it would just be 'dumped' into the system directly by, er, the sun. So there's that.

(11-11-2013 10:14 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  The reluctance of reliquishing false ideology is a common trait for the religious, and so I consider your words to assign you to that belief system.
SO I have made the fair comparison, a system of beliefs, followers of those beliefs attack those who do not believe, unrelenting adherence to beliefs regardless of proof otherwise.. is clearly comparable to any religion.

You follow a religion.. you are religious.

Preaching the same fallacious statement from your religion has become widely recognized as religious nutjobbery.

Hmm. Calling people who disagree with you followers of a false religion. Now where have I seen that behaviour before...

Oh, right. Religion.

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
11-11-2013, 05:24 PM
(11-11-2013 06:46 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 06:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  Where did you get 'religious nutjobs' or 'retarded beliefs' or any of that from my post?
I think your reaction betrays something about your beliefs.
I couldn't help but laugh at you when you were accused of being a religious nutjob. Lol!

Ha - I know! Where did that come from, PT? Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-11-2013, 06:07 PM
(08-11-2013 12:27 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  A super typhoon named Haiyan is battering the Phillippines with wind speeds of 195 mph gusting to 235 mph. This category 5 cyclonic storm may be the biggest storm ever recorded in the history of modern Earth..

For the global warming deniers, this is a calling card: We are only going to see worse storms from here on out.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t1

OH NOES!

TEH REAPTURE EZ HEAR!

PRASE JEBARSE DER LARDEY!

Worship SlavesLecture_preist
11-11-2013, 07:24 PM
(11-11-2013 10:14 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  ...
The Global Warming scam that you adhere to, was proven to be nothing more than a 'cause' and a belief. (Their words, the words of your prophets from the University of East Anglia) ...

If you have a spare minute, I would appreciate your views on this...

Thanks.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-11-2013, 07:06 AM
(11-11-2013 04:20 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 04:59 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Do we really still have people denying global warming?

Yes, Global Warming is no longer a 'fact' I was surprised ot see any support of it here, A series of leaked emails showed how the peer reviewing of the work done by the university of East Anglia, was carried out in a fraudulent and unethical manner. The hockey stick graph has been proven a falsehood, and the trend is not following the predicted idea.

The IPPC who were in charge of the 'Global Warming Scam' have shifted their concentration and PR'd it up to MMCC.. There is no Global Warming, there is only Man Made Climate Change.

The biggest fallacy found by people who did not sign up to the false religion of Global warming, was that CO2 actually follows increases in temperature and does not cause it, a nice falsehood taught to everyone for the last 60 or so years.

NOTE: At no point did I mention that Man is or is not having an impact on the climate.. I just pointed out what a fool you are if you still believe in the dinosaur of a fallacy of 'Global Warming'

If you wish to review my statement, you will see how your response is not how you describe.

You have even agreed that it is not exclusively global warming, and you cannot repute the evidence that shows the unethical behavior of the scientists that generated what has now been debunked as a incorrect model.

Do you refute that the recent data collected has disagreed with the trend predicted by the Global Warming model?

Do you refute that the scientists behind the Global Warming model influenced the peer review system by bullying and coercion?

Do you refute that in light of these emails and the current data, the IPPC has changed the model to one that focuses on Man Made Climate Change, rather than Global Warming?

Do you not see how dogmatic the subject has become? The adherance to a plainly false ideology has driven supporters to attack those that question their beliefs. Does this not compare itself to religious behavior, (read religious, not theist)

Do I have to repeat myself that I acknowledge there are man made impacts to the climate, but that I will not subscribe to a 'cause' that has been lost and been proven false, and I feel the need to question those that remain so.

The generation and support of a false model, is undermining the actions needed to actually have an impact and mitigate the continuing impact the human race is having on the planet.. The aims are the same, but the fallacy of GW has damaged credibility especially where lots of money is involved.
12-11-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 10:34 AM by cjlr.)
You keep saying "you', but... you quoted yourself, so I have no idea who you're attempting to address.

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  You have even agreed that it is not exclusively global warming, and you cannot repute the evidence that shows the unethical behavior of the scientists that generated what has now been debunked as a incorrect model.

Putting those statements into the same sentence does not make them go together. The effect is not exclusively warming. And, y'know, nobody ever claimed that.

Also, there was no unethical behaviour, and incidentally, no such debunking. DLJ posted a handy video analysis for you. It appears you have not watched it.

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Do you refute that the recent data collected has disagreed with the trend predicted by the Global Warming model?

Yes. Dream on.

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Do you refute that the scientists behind the Global Warming model influenced the peer review system by bullying and coercion?

Yes. Dream on.

(LOL CONSPIRACY isn't an explanation - try harder)

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Do you refute that in light of these emails and the current data, the IPPC has changed the model to one that focuses on Man Made Climate Change, rather than Global Warming?

The IPCC 'changed the name' (notwithstanding that both terms have been used coextensively for decades) because despite that it should be obvious that a warming trend does not require change to be exclusively warming, too many idiots (*cough*) didn't get it.

The leaked emails were from seventeen years ago and contained absolutely nothing that was not in published scientific articles.

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Do you not see how dogmatic the subject has become? The adherance to a plainly false ideology has driven supporters to attack those that question their beliefs. Does this not compare itself to religious behavior, (read religious, not theist)

So, uh... Still rocking that "everyone who disagrees is following A FALSE RELIGION trolololol" line?

'Cause that's real religious of you, gotta say...

But, y'know, it's kind of the exact opposite of religion, being a reasoned analysis and investigation of claims based on known observation and models. So there's that.

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Do I have to repeat myself that I acknowledge there are man made impacts to the climate, but that I will not subscribe to a 'cause' that has been lost and been proven false, and I feel the need to question those that remain so.

Um. Yes. I repeat my questions. Which portions of the latest IPCC reports are, in your uneducated layman's opinion, accurate? Which parts are inaccurate?

Who is behind the supposed and purported massive conspiracy, and more importantly, why?

(12-11-2013 07:06 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  The generation and support of a false model, is undermining the actions needed to actually have an impact and mitigate the continuing impact the human race is having on the planet.. The aims are the same, but the fallacy of GW has damaged credibility especially where lots of money is involved.

Climate science. Lots of money.

Those things don't go together the way you seem to think they do.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
13-11-2013, 03:25 AM
I bring your attention to the line in the sand drawn by those scientists and their supporters, and Chas himself.. I was labelled a denier.. may as well have called me a heretic or infidel.. just because someone questions a model or theory does not mean that they deny the entire premise of the impact.

I have not had time to watch the video, but lets face it the argument still rolls on in the minds of the believers and the people who still think mankind do not have impact on the planet. And bias is laden into most articles and media available on the subject.

There are a third set of emails that have not been released due to the swing in attitude from the scientists involved, do you not see how the model is no longer being used in debate over the matter? It has resorted to the correct use of solid facts and tangible evidence. Even if the climatologists wanted to achieve the same goals, the emails clearly showed the unethical behavior of the lead scientists in the generation, review and publication of the model. The investigations into it (by police etc) couldn't use the hacked emails (which lets face it were PRIVATE emails that WERE NOT published) as evidence and although the attitude and focus changed, no action was taken or is ever likely to be taken, (or even worth taking imo)

But from the mouths of the IPCC
http://www.timeslive.co.za/scitech/2013/...ate-report
(of course posted by someone else)

The global warming effect is so much less than the initial global warming model would have predicted. THIS is why we are looking more closely at MMCC (as there are significant other factors). I have never said global warming is not happening, I have said the global warming model is false. And even the IPCC recognize this.

THIS is the point I have made, THIS is the point supported by the IPCC, THIS is what climatologists are working on, not the remnants of a fallacy that the global warming model constructed.. Why is believing these facts delivered in a clear, ethical, peer reviewed manner make me a denier?

And WHY if those in charge can see the facts, can you gentlemen and ladies, not?
13-11-2013, 03:31 AM
(12-11-2013 09:56 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Climate science. Lots of money.

Those things don't go together the way you seem to think they do.

Apart from the rest of your post being tosh and simple minded. This i feel i have to address.

The lots of money I talk about is the extra cost needed to have clean industries.. the scrubbing of flue gasses, the burning of fossil fuels, the carbon footprint.

Investment in renewables, higher car and petrol taxes, higher energy bills, higher transport costs, carbon offsetting, incineration rather than land filling..

All these things are not cheap and impact every single one of us (a mixture of causes and effects) when a multnational company that processes millions of tonnes of oil a day need to cover their backsides to the extent they have to, do you think they will not fight against legislation that will spike their operating costs?