This forum/ podcast helped me so much today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 05:08 AM
RE: This forum/ podcast helped me so much today
(25-05-2014 04:08 PM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  Thanks. She's actually not very bright and says "I don't know why god does what he does but it's not my place to question"

Then there is the old question from Matt Dillahunty: "How did you determine that God is the good one and Satan is the evil one?". Which then leads to the question "Don't you have to use your moral reasoning to judge and assess God in order to accept God?".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-07-2014, 05:47 AM
(25-05-2014 04:08 PM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  Thanks. She's actually not very bright and says "I don't know why god does what he does but it's not my place to question"

It's all well and good to admit that they have no understanding, but to say 'it's not my place to question'...
I cannot even begin to comprehend such an attitude.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-07-2014, 05:55 AM
(05-07-2014 05:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
That's just... Stunning... I cannot even begin to comprehend such an attitude.

Oh, it's not that hard to comprehend.

Look up slave mentality

08-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Anytime somebody tells you not to question something, I can guarantee that what they are trying to sell you is 100% pure bullshit. Truth will stand up to any kind of honest questioning, bullshit will not. Religion doesn't like being questioned because it's afraid of having its bullshit exposed for what it is. Religion doesn't want intelligent people, it wants sheep.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
20-07-2014, 09:18 AM
(24-05-2014 09:36 PM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  I had a conversation with my wife's friend today. She is a real believer ... Like Gandhi is in hell type but hitler may be In Heaven. I kept asking her questions I've learned from this site and from the podcast. She believes that Anything that went against her "god is love" idea was put into the bible by fallible people. Basically, she believes in the convenient parts of the bible It was just so typical and shallow. I asked her about the reading in Timothy about women remaining silent- she told me god didn't put that it, people did On and on ...

Ah yes, I call this the Custom Christian, or someone who has "customized" their Christianity. They're usually educated only by their preacher or their youth pastor, have no real knowledge of their own scriptures, and will adamantly state their position before quickly storming out of the room to avoid any questions or scrutiny.

That being said, they're fish in a barrel and the members here have good responses all 'round. The trick is getting the Customized Christian to answer a single question without the words: "It's not my place to question god," which of course is one of the more brilliant tactics of Christianity ... "Don't let the sheep question anything. We'll just tell them its heresy and keep them in line forever."