This guy could be Vice President?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Mike Pence Shows-Off His Ignorance
(04-08-2016 06:37 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What are those alleged consequences we've seen the last 77 years+?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"The degradation of the American Way of Life, son!"

He's talking about everything since WWII start, I think.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-08-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: Mike Pence Shows-Off His Ignorance
(04-08-2016 06:37 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What are those alleged consequences we've seen the last 77 years+?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Oh you know, it's the same type crap like people who said if we elected Obama the country would end, and how it's the worst it's ever been, and if we elect Clinton it will end the country, blah blah blah blah blah.
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2016, 09:37 PM
This guy could be Vice President?!?
Sorry if this topic has already been covered elsewhere... but I just watched an AronRa video that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He covers a speech on the floor of the US House of Representatives by Mike Pence, Trump's running mate, in which he lies about almost literally everything claimed by biological science. AronRa is much more kind, saying that Pence simply doesn't understand the facts, but the errors are so appalling that they must be willful, I think. In addition to openly mis-stating what a theory is, he cites an article and suggests that the article is about a "new scientific theory" (it's not new, just new evidence was found confirming an old idea for which we already had lots of evidence) that will replace the current Theory of Evolution (it won't), and that our science textbooks will need to be replaced to accommodate this new change in what scientists are calling facts (they will need an update to teach the new discoveries... a footnote would do), and in general just acts like our best and brightest minds are lying to us about what constitutes a fact. Pence even lies about the Scopes trial!

I used to think Trump was the worst thing that could happen to the country... but this man could be leader of the free world if something happens to Trump, with these ideas about the world in which we live.

Seriously, I cannot overstate how appalled I am to know that this man thinks these things, let alone that he believes it strongly enough to testify on the floor of the House to this effect. The speech is from 2002, but AronRa shows that he continues to think these things.

As usual, AronRa hands him his ass over these errors. But of all the people Trump could have picked... THIS guy!?!

I don't care how conservative you are... if you can vote for a ticket containing someone who talks like this, then something is wrong with you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-08-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: This guy could be Vice President?!?
Pence scares the shit outta me more than Trump. Trump is a buffoon who has no clue how to govern. Pence is not.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2016, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2016 10:09 PM by pablo.)
Threads merged.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
29-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Pence and Drumpf deserve each other. The US deserves neither.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Oops, my bad.

Thanks, Pablo! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-08-2016, 03:39 AM
Another hoosier here.

Pablo, where abouts did you grow up? I was born and raised in Martinsville, lived in Bloomington for a year or so, Terre Haute for about 8 years, east side of Indy for a year, North Vernon for a year, and currently reside just south of Columbus. It's perhaps not the greatest state in the union, but it's home for me.

Yeah, Pence is quite the douche. In Trump's defense, he didn't pick him for his smarts. I suspect Trump picked him because he realized the terrible blunder he'd made when he proclaimed that he'd never asked God for forgiveness. Pence was/is a last ditch effort to motivate the evangelicals to the polls in favor of a Trump/evangelical ticket.
30-08-2016, 06:29 AM
(06-08-2016 08:42 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Honestly, what the hell is wrong with 'murican politicians?

They're chosen from amongst the 'murican electorate.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
01-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Unrelated to evolution (and Pence's inability to understand it), he also once cited the Disney animated film Mulan as "liberal propaganda" about women in combat.

Quote:Mulan, Disney’s 1998 animation about a Han Dynasty-era woman who disguises herself as a man in order to battling an invading army, was “mischievous liberal” propaganda designed to influence “the next generation’s attitudes about women in combat,” according to an op-ed written by Donald Trump’s running mate Mike Pence.

Pence’s piece, written in 1999 and re-discovered by Buzzfeed, attacked the cartoon for suggesting that a woman could fight alongside men, before saying the animation’s romantic subplot proved that straight men and women were unable to serve beside each other without sex becoming an issue.

He wrote: “It is instructive that even in the Disney film, young Ms Mulan falls in love with her superior officer! Me thinks the politically correct Disney types completely missed the irony of this part of the story. They likely added it because it added realism with which the viewer could identify with the characters.

“You see, now stay with me on this, many young men find many young women to be attractive sexually. Many young women find many young men to be attractive sexually. Put them together, in close quarters, for long periods of time, and things will get interesting. Just like they eventually did for young Mulan. Moral of story: women in military, bad idea.”

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user