This is a joke right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 06:58 PM
This is a joke right?
http://creation.com/question-evolution
How many of you have seen this site?...makes me want to cry.

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: This is a joke right?
"The Creation Evolution Debate"

...What debate?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Adenosis's post
19-03-2013, 07:32 PM
(19-03-2013 07:10 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  "The Creation Evolution Debate"

...What debate?
The one the masses are having! Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-03-2013, 07:46 PM
No, sadly, it doesn't look like a joke.

I wish it were, I truly do.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-03-2013, 07:48 PM
This is taken directly from the site:

15 Questions summary
Note to would-be evolution defenders: please read the full brochure and linked articles before attempting to answer the questions, otherwise you will likely be wasting your time boxing at shadows. Also, please look at the answers that have already been put forward (see the 3-part series on responses under Related articles below), or you could be wasting your time duplicating what someone else has done.
  1. How did life with specifications for hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
  2. How did the DNA code originate?
  3. How could copying errors (mutations) create 3 billion letters of DNA instructions to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
  4. Why is natural selection taught as ‘evolution’ as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
  5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
  6. Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?
  7. How did multi-cellular life originate?
  8. How did sex originate?
  9. Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?
  10. How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years?
  11. How did blind chemistry create mind/intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?
  12. Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated as ‘science’?
  13. Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?
  14. Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as the operational science?
  15. Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
19-03-2013, 08:14 PM
It might be a worthwhile endeavor for the board to rebut their rebuttals found under Related articles. What do you think?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-03-2013, 10:22 PM
(19-03-2013 08:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It might be a worthwhile endeavor for the board to rebut their rebuttals found under Related articles. What do you think?

Don't even waste your time. These people have already defined for themselves what evolution is and won't hear any other explanation. Any attempt to explain it to them is an exercise in futility.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 5 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-03-2013, 01:47 AM
(19-03-2013 07:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is taken directly from the site:

15 Questions summary
Note to would-be evolution defenders: please read the full brochure and linked articles before attempting to answer the questions, otherwise you will likely be wasting your time boxing at shadows. Also, please look at the answers that have already been put forward (see the 3-part series on responses under Related articles below), or you could be wasting your time duplicating what someone else has done.
  1. How did life with specifications for hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
  3. How could copying errors (mutations) create 3 billion letters of DNA instructions to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
  4. Why is natural selection taught as ‘evolution’ as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
  5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
  6. Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?
  10. How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years?
  11. How did blind chemistry create mind/intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?
  14. Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as the operational science?
  15. Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?
I remember my first post on this forum involved answering these questions. It's tempting to have a second go at them keeping the rebuttals CMI made in mind. Anyway... here's Rational Wiki's take on their 15 questions. They are working on rebuttals to CMI's rebuttals I think http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/15_Questions

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 5 users Like robotworld's post
20-03-2013, 05:19 AM
(20-03-2013 01:47 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 07:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is taken directly from the site:

15 Questions summary
I remember my first post on this forum involved answering these questions. It's tempting to have a second go at them keeping the rebuttals CMI made in mind. Anyway... here's Rational Wiki's take on their 15 questions. They are working on rebuttals to CMI's rebuttals I think http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/15_Questions
Good link robotworld.

Carlo - the exercise would be more for us and not to challange them, I'm sure they are not interested in hearing anything other than what they want to believe. I envision something similar to the Refuting the Bible tab on this home page. It could be named Refuting the refutals of Evolution Cool

20-03-2013, 06:50 AM
The ignorance is strong with that website.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post