This is fucking disgusting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: This is fucking disgusting.
(31-03-2013 04:23 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
[Image: 544264_414231208668795_757259112_n_zpsf68f5e87.png]

I've no words, really.

Also, look at his dreadful logic. "It's abomination against God to cut yourself, unless it's to save your life". What if God's plan for him is to die? Probably didn't occur to him, like the idea that if god's plan for deaf people is to stay deaf, then they'll stay deaf no matter what.

With the same logic, why go to school? If god intended us to be smart, he would've given us everything we need so we wouldn't have to go to school. Therefore, going to school is an abomination against god!
Why take medicine? If god wanted us to be healthy, then he would've made our bodies healthy! Taking medicine to improve one's health is an abomination against god!

Seriously, those people believe in the almighty, all powerful god, yet in the same time believe that us humans can go against his divine plans.

What, is god sitting up there, all angry, saying stuff like "Goddamn those pesky humans, always ruining my plans!" or something?
What also gets me is the commenter completely overlooked the atrocity in god creating the kid deaf... Not only do they see nothing wrong with this, but they believe the wrong is in fixing it. Rolleyes

Well, the only response I would have for that person is god created me not believing in him so don't try to fix me. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 08:19 AM
(31-03-2013 06:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 05:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  The commenter clearly stated a religious reason, so your interpretation makes no sense.

Yeah?.....what religion?
Irrelevant.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
31-03-2013, 08:28 AM
(31-03-2013 06:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 05:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  The commenter clearly stated a religious reason, so your interpretation makes no sense.

Yeah?.....what religion?

What part of "God" is not religious?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-03-2013, 08:43 AM
(31-03-2013 06:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 05:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How do you rank 'em? YouTube commentary is a void of ignorance, prattle, and ego. Most often, poorly expressed.

Depends how I feel. I usually rank them based on grammar (or rather lack there of), ignorance of statements, and how little the comment relates to the subject matter to the related videos/comment replies.

If I could access the comments I have responded to in the YT comments sections (right now, the "reply back" function doesn't work currently for me.), I would give you some examples as per my ranking method.

Still sounds like all of 'em. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
31-03-2013, 08:47 AM
(31-03-2013 05:19 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 04:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There is a certain element of the deaf community who feel that deafness isn't a handicap and shouldn't be treated. I suspect this persons position has less to with God and more to do with a belief deafness isn't a handicap.

There are the rest certain elements of the deaf community who feel that if some deity created them intentionally to be deaf and become angry if they want to treat the deafness, then this deity is better to get lost.

If this deity created them intentionally to be deaf, why did it also create others with the ability to change that condition?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
31-03-2013, 09:13 AM
(31-03-2013 04:23 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Also, look at his dreadful logic. "It's abomination against God to cut yourself, unless it's to save your life". What if God's plan for him is to die?

It's not only dreadful logic, but dreadful theology. The New Testament has plenty to say on self-mutilation, none of it along the lines of "no, don't". But it does strike me as typical that theists think their god agrees with their personal opinions and prejudices.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
31-03-2013, 09:20 AM
(31-03-2013 09:13 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 04:23 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Also, look at his dreadful logic. "It's abomination against God to cut yourself, unless it's to save your life". What if God's plan for him is to die?

It's not only dreadful logic, but dreadful theology. The New Testament has plenty to say on self-mutilation, none of it along the lines of "no, don't". But it does strike me as typical that theists think their god agrees with their personal opinions and prejudices.

I think it's pretty obviose by now that the only people that have read the entire bible are atheists. Most "belivers" have no idea what is in their holy book unless someone cherrypicks a few qoutes (ussualy out of context) to make a point in favor of their brand of bigotry. The religion being taught to most children in the west at least has little if anything to do with whats actualy in the book.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-03-2013, 11:44 AM
(31-03-2013 08:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 06:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yeah?.....what religion?

What part of "God" is not religious?

Belief in God does not necessarily mean belief in religion. You are conflating the the two.
31-03-2013, 11:52 AM
(31-03-2013 11:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 08:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  What part of "God" is not religious?

Belief in God does not necessarily mean belief in religion. You are conflating the the two.

Really? Ok well the vaguely quasi-spiritual but not religouse folk would never say that that. A general belife in a higher power without a hate filled dogma doesn't give the justifacation this "person" (to use that word in it's loosest form) is claiming. Now as to which hatefilled cult this particular lunatic belongs to is a little more difficult to pin down, crazy comes in a lot of flavors and most of them look the same from the outside.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-03-2013, 12:12 PM
(31-03-2013 11:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 11:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Belief in God does not necessarily mean belief in religion. You are conflating the the two.

Really? Ok well the vaguely quasi-spiritual but not religouse folk would never say that that. A general belife in a higher power without a hate filled dogma doesn't give the justifacation this "person" (to use that word in it's loosest form) is claiming. Now as to which hatefilled cult this particular lunatic belongs to is a little more difficult to pin down, crazy comes in a lot of flavors and most of them look the same from the outside.

The Facebook statement makes no reference to religion whatsoever so it is not a religious statement. Now if you want to read religion into it, thats your business.