This is fucking disgusting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: This is fucking disgusting.
(31-03-2013 12:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The Facebook statement makes no reference to religion whatsoever so it is not a religious statement. Now if you want to read religion into it, thats your business.

religious
Syllabification: (re·li·gious)
Pronunciation: /riˈlijəs/
adjective
relating to or believing in a religion

religion
Syllabification: (re·li·gion)
Pronunciation: /riˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-03-2013, 12:32 PM
(31-03-2013 12:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 12:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The Facebook statement makes no reference to religion whatsoever so it is not a religious statement. Now if you want to read religion into it, thats your business.

religious
Syllabification: (re·li·gious)
Pronunciation: /riˈlijəs/
adjective
relating to or believing in a religion

religion
Syllabification: (re·li·gion)
Pronunciation: /riˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

I didn't watch the video because it is a pain in the ass to do it in my Xoom.

But I will concede that given that definition of religion(which I don't like but won't go as far to say it is wrong either) and the definition of worship, you have made your case to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
31-03-2013, 12:45 PM
(31-03-2013 04:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There is a certain element of the deaf community who feel that deafness isn't a handicap and shouldn't be treated. I suspect this persons position has less to with God and more to do with a belief deafness isn't a handicap.

Wow. Just wow. What a user. You'll use anyone. Undecided At the risk of seeming just as fucking pathetic...

From the age of around 4 to the age of 8, I gradually, unknowingly went deaf. I actually fully and quite personally understand the resentment connected to surgically having my hearing reestablished.

Rest assured; it is you who is doing the conflating ... not to mention using human shields to deflect any flack tossed at your ridiculous god or repugnant religion.

Piss off irrelevant troll; you are a waste of thread space. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-03-2013, 01:20 PM
(31-03-2013 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 04:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There is a certain element of the deaf community who feel that deafness isn't a handicap and shouldn't be treated. I suspect this persons position has less to with God and more to do with a belief deafness isn't a handicap.

Wow. Just wow. What a user. You'll use anyone. Undecided At the risk of seeming just as fucking pathetic...

From the age of around 4 to the age of 8, I gradually, unknowingly went deaf. I actually fully and quite personally understand the resentment connected to surgically having my hearing reestablished.

Rest assured; it is you who is doing the conflating ... not to mention using human shields to deflect any flack tossed at your ridiculous god or repugnant religion.

Piss off irrelevant troll; you are a waste of thread space. Drinking Beverage

Kim, I forgive for calling me troll.

If I am using human shields to hide repugnant religious beliefs(as you errantly claim), why can't the poster of that Facebook comment use religion to hide bigotary?
31-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I just cannot keep silent on this one Heywood. There is "being open minded" and then there is "acceptance of stupidity" in the name of open mindedness. You are displaying the latter. In this case it doesn't take much skepticism, followed by a little critical thought to sort through this one.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
31-03-2013, 01:41 PM
(31-03-2013 01:31 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I just cannot keep silent on this one Heywood. There is "being open minded" and then there is "acceptance of stupidity" in the name of open mindedness. You are displaying the latter. In this case it doesn't take much skepticism, followed by a little critical thought to sort through this one.

Then it shouldn't be difficult for you to connect the dots. How do you know that face book poster isn't using God as a shield for his/her bigotry?
31-03-2013, 01:48 PM
(31-03-2013 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:31 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I just cannot keep silent on this one Heywood. There is "being open minded" and then there is "acceptance of stupidity" in the name of open mindedness. You are displaying the latter. In this case it doesn't take much skepticism, followed by a little critical thought to sort through this one.

Then it shouldn't be difficult for you to connect the dots. How do you know that face book poster isn't using God as a shield for his/her bigotry?
I don't care why the person is an asshole, I just believe that they are one. Stupidity is no excuse for stupidity.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
31-03-2013, 02:14 PM
(31-03-2013 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How do you know that face book poster isn't using God as a shield for his/her bigotry?

Explain this "bigotry" you propose.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-03-2013, 03:43 PM
(31-03-2013 01:48 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Then it shouldn't be difficult for you to connect the dots. How do you know that face book poster isn't using God as a shield for his/her bigotry?
I don't care why the person is an asshole, I just believe that they are one. Stupidity is no excuse for stupidity.

Okay...now I understand. You don't have an actual argument to make. You have an opinion, and because my opinion is different then yours mine must be stupid.
31-03-2013, 03:47 PM
(31-03-2013 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How do you know that face book poster isn't using God as a shield for his/her bigotry?

Explain this "bigotry" you propose.

Bigotry is intolerance toward people who hold different opinions from oneself. The author of the Facebook feels that deafness is not a disability and does not tolerate people who view deafness is a disability.