This is fucking disgusting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: This is fucking disgusting.
Haywood, you have no argument here other than to be pedantic and petty. The commenter is/was and will be an asshole. The fact that you are trying to (1) either defend their assholitude using word games or (2) are just trolling is just par for the course here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I see no reason to believe the original commenter didn't think deafness was a disability, or that this was the reason it shouldn't be surgically "corrected." Commenter specifically said the reason against surgical intervention would be "god's plan." There is no reason to assume that commenter is deaf, that s/he doesn't view deafness as a disability (usually it is deaf people who see it that way, since they have first hand experience and notice that they get along fine without it).

It is reasonable to assume commenter is religious, because "spiritual" deist type people wouldn't be using the bible as a basis for their anti-healthcare stance.

Also, it's worth noting that commenter is talking about someone else's kid. I wonder if s/he would change their tune if it was their own child?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
31-03-2013, 04:23 PM
(31-03-2013 03:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The author of the Facebook feels that deafness is not a disability and does not tolerate people who view deafness is a disability.
He actually never said anything remotely similar to that. As usual, you advance your case by being intellectually dishonest. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-03-2013, 04:32 PM
(31-03-2013 03:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Explain this "bigotry" you propose.

Bigotry is intolerance toward people who hold different opinions from oneself. The author of the Facebook feels that deafness is not a disability and does not tolerate people who view deafness is a disability.

So...
You know how the author of the Facebook post feels.
You know what the author of the Facebook post does or does not tolerate.
From your imagined point of view of the Facebook author, you placed your own ideas onto this Facebook post's author.

Mighty omniscient of you; wow again. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-03-2013, 04:34 PM
God made you sick, so you can't take medication.

God made you get ran over by a car, so you can't have your life saved by a hospital.

Yeah that logic doesn't work.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
31-03-2013, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:17 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
31-03-2013, 05:47 PM
(31-03-2013 04:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  God made you sick, so you can't take medication.

God made you get ran over by a car, so you can't have your life saved by a hospital.

Yeah that logic doesn't work.

No logic involving god works.

Logical deities just don't exist.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-03-2013, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:17 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
31-03-2013, 06:21 PM
(31-03-2013 12:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 11:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Really? Ok well the vaguely quasi-spiritual but not religouse folk would never say that that. A general belife in a higher power without a hate filled dogma doesn't give the justifacation this "person" (to use that word in it's loosest form) is claiming. Now as to which hatefilled cult this particular lunatic belongs to is a little more difficult to pin down, crazy comes in a lot of flavors and most of them look the same from the outside.

The Facebook statement makes no reference to religion whatsoever so it is not a religious statement. Now if you want to read religion into it, thats your business.

The God/Religion dichotomy you make is very largely false.
The vast majority of people relate god to one of the multitude of religions.
They nearly all view god as a loving father (Christianity) or type of perfect force (Eastern)............any higher forces, out there, honestly, to us, are simply ineffable
considerations.

As for the deafness issue...... Many believers, whether in Heaven or some reincarnationists hold it very sinful thwarting gods' will via blood transfusion ( Jehovah's witnesses)
medical treatment (Christian Science) euthanasia (many religions) along with abortion for most reasons.
31-03-2013, 07:37 PM
(31-03-2013 04:04 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Haywood, you have no argument here other than to be pedantic and petty. The commenter is/was and will be an asshole. The fact that you are trying to (1) either defend their assholitude using word games or (2) are just trolling is just par for the course here.

When did I ever claim this guys statement was justified?

You are conflating defending someone with speculating about their true motivations. Work on your reading comprehension and logic skills please.