This is going to be my final post here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 12:06 PM
This is going to be my final post here
Yeah, yeah. I know. I've said it before here. But this time it will be finalized. After this I'm going to deactivate the account and head on to greener pastures. I've come to this decision for a couple of reasons.

1) I don't know where the hell I can go with atheism any more. I get it. I don't believe that there is a god or gods or the probability that there is is so remote that it isn't worth expending energy, money, time, or effort to pursue. Now so the hell what? I'm out of the closet. My family knows and they accept it (even the religious ones). People at work know I'm an atheist and they dont care. So do my neighbors and my community and it all seems to be running together seamlessly. I have friends who are atheists and I also have religious friends. And I guess this is the way it should be. And I'm beginning to see further activity in the movement as superfluous. There are just so many times I can criticize the Bible or laugh at some dumb schmuck who posts something on FB about how Evolution is only a 'theory' or why there are still monkeys if we humans evolved from them. I don't think there's much more I can contribute to the movement. I'm done with the transformation and settled into my new life. And I'm content with that.

2) I'm also starting to get annoyed with a lot of atheists. A lot of them are pretty far left wing politically. They're so far that they cannot or will not acknowledge some of the shortcomings of liberalism and I'm beginning to see them as really quite fascist. I'm annoyed by their flagrant attempts to punish people for their opinions or thoughts (yes I have had a few conversations with liberal atheists who have suggested that ideas such as racism should be a thoughtcrime and that starts down a very dark road.). I'm annoyed at how in your face a lot of them are on political or religious issues, though I can see this as a kind of immune response to fundamentalist zealotry. But every goddamn thing I hear from them is a 'did you hear what racist/homophobic/nationalistic thing Politician X said?' or a constant stream of 'It's not fair that you have and I don't!' I recently yelled at someone who was complaining about making low wages working for WalMart and I told her to go find another job which pays better wages. She gave me some snarky liberal reply and I told her she was a fucking idiot for expecting Walmart to change for her need; WalMart has always sucked and it's a place for teenagers or transit workers to earn a little cash while they move onto something better. This is not rocket science people. I've a thousand and one other complaints with left wing atheists. But for now I'll get off my soapbox.

For newer atheists or those having doubts about your religious beliefs, don't let this post discourage you. You ARE right to question God. Even though there are idiot left wing political types in this movement who make me want to run down hippies in a farmer's market, there are a lot of good ones as well. Very genuine, good hard working ones who are being drown out by their shriller colleagues. Non believers are all around you. Explore this aspect of your life and find the answers you are seeking.

If anyone out here at the TTA wants to still contact me you can do so at LowCountry21@gmail.com. I still check the mailbox and am happy to discuss anything with you.

Best Regards,
Bugsmasher

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-05-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: This is going to be my final post here
Why not make one more post so you can retire with an even 2,000? Smile

But if we don't here from you again, take care of yourself!

Later,

CoB

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-05-2014, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2014 01:23 PM by RaisdCath.)
(25-05-2014 12:06 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah, yeah. I know. I've said it before here. But this time it will be finalized. After this I'm going to deactivate the account and head on to greener pastures. I've come to this decision for a couple of reasons.

1) I don't know where the hell I can go with atheism any more. I get it. I don't believe that there is a god or gods or the probability that there is is so remote that it isn't worth expending energy, money, time, or effort to pursue. Now so the hell what? I'm out of the closet. My family knows and they accept it (even the religious ones). People at work know I'm an atheist and they dont care. So do my neighbors and my community and it all seems to be running together seamlessly. I have friends who are atheists and I also have religious friends. And I guess this is the way it should be. And I'm beginning to see further activity in the movement as superfluous. There are just so many times I can criticize the Bible or laugh at some dumb schmuck who posts something on FB about how Evolution is only a 'theory' or why there are still monkeys if we humans evolved from them. I don't think there's much more I can contribute to the movement. I'm done with the transformation and settled into my new life. And I'm content with that.

2) I'm also starting to get annoyed with a lot of atheists. A lot of them are pretty far left wing politically. They're so far that they cannot or will not acknowledge some of the shortcomings of liberalism and I'm beginning to see them as really quite fascist. I'm annoyed by their flagrant attempts to punish people for their opinions or thoughts (yes I have had a few conversations with liberal atheists who have suggested that ideas such as racism should be a thoughtcrime and that starts down a very dark road.). I'm annoyed at how in your face a lot of them are on political or religious issues, though I can see this as a kind of immune response to fundamentalist zealotry. But every goddamn thing I hear from them is a 'did you hear what racist/homophobic/nationalistic thing Politician X said?' or a constant stream of 'It's not fair that you have and I don't!' I recently yelled at someone who was complaining about making low wages working for WalMart and I told her to go find another job which pays better wages. She gave me some snarky liberal reply and I told her she was a fucking idiot for expecting Walmart to change for her need; WalMart has always sucked and it's a place for teenagers or transit workers to earn a little cash while they move onto something better. This is not rocket science people. I've a thousand and one other complaints with left wing atheists. But for now I'll get off my soapbox.

For newer atheists or those having doubts about your religious beliefs, don't let this post discourage you. You ARE right to question God. Even though there are idiot left wing political types in this movement who make me want to run down hippies in a farmer's market, there are a lot of good ones as well. Very genuine, good hard working ones who are being drown out by their shriller colleagues. Non believers are all around you. Explore this aspect of your life and find the answers you are seeking.

If anyone out here at the TTA wants to still contact me you can do so at LowCountry21@gmail.com. I still check the mailbox and am happy to discuss anything with you.

Best Regards,
Bugsmasher

I believe you've stabbed your finger onto (or into) a very sore spot with many atheists (myself included). Politically, I'd place myself as an independent conservative liberal....or maybe a liberally conservative independent.....or possibly a conservative liberal independent. I've not yet decided.
There is so much wrong with both platforms of the major parties that neither of them is worth 2 minutes of my time.
I have noticed what appears to be a major difference between those professing a religious belief and those ascribing to atheism.
The religious folk (for lack of a better, all-inclusive term) seem to have much broader, much more rounded social lives. They gather on a periodic basis, and tho the reason for the gathering is blather, they all seem happy to be together and relish the opportunity to "out god" each other (wearing their religion on their sleeve so to speak). Their conversations (tho incredibly stupid, ignorant and idiotic) are positive and upbeat. Morally, they attempt to take the "high ground" against what they perceive to be societal ills and issues, but in most cases, the arguments are positive and there is no problem for them to gather into large "homogeneous" groups. One seldom hears one of these folks commenting negatively re: the moral/societal problems with atheists....unless it's political, and then the mention is brief and does not hold the attention of others in the group.
Now...take atheists. Most of the time, there is no place for atheists to meet regularly. And when they do, the conversational topics wrap around "what's wrong with religion, the religious, and the effects thereof". I've not heard a unique argument regarding the bible, god, jesus, religions, war, societal ills, and/or "coming out" in a very long time. Atheists - IMHO and based on only those I've met or read - tend to be largely interested in telling each other what is wrong with "bible, god, jesus, religions, war, societal ills" and the like. Just once, I'd love to attend an atheist gathering where the topic of conversation was about anything other than the above mentioned topics.

But I guess that's just me!

Have a wonderful future!!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
25-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Go well Carlo Smile

Also, never say never - if you drop in some time down the line it could be cool. Assuming those of us who know you haven't dropped out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-05-2014, 01:43 PM
When I read the thread title I was really hoping it was written by Jerry.Confused

I get what you're saying, I feel that way sometimes myself.
Why not just leave your account open and leave yourself the option of using it.
25-05-2014, 01:54 PM
(25-05-2014 12:06 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I'm done with the transformation and settled into my new life. And I'm content with that.

Clap You are YOU! Clap

(25-05-2014 12:06 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Non believers are all around you. Explore this aspect of your life and find the answers you are seeking.
The best information to leave people with!

I'm glad this place and others helped you with your growth. It's been great to have you here ... I'll kind of miss your vids. Wink Don't hesitate to drop in for a visit or just a lurk if you have a mind to anytime in the future. Hell, this place may or may not go on... who knows? No guarantees.

I'm glad I got to know you and I'm glad you'll be walking the planet as a secular guy.

Sounds like you're good to go, Carlo! Thumbsup

Bon Voyage. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Happy Trails and safe flying.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Been good having you here, Carlo. Take care!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-05-2014, 04:51 PM
We all gotta do what we gotta do Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
25-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Go forth and be content! Bon voyage.

But feel free to drop in if the spirit moves you.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post