This is going to be my final post here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: This is going to be my final post here
I come here for the community, not that I'm a particularly sociable sort even online. I originally came to vent and share but as my wife has become more open to my views and I have a few more people to share things with that need is diminished from where it once was. I appreciate those who still do the hard work of tackling new theists who enter the forum. I have trouble working up the energy to do so these days beyond a pithy remark here or there. The last forum I was involved with long term eventually dissolved into facebook, more or less. The people who cared to continue to know each other stayed in touch by other means.

I still retain an interest in atheist topics, but I see myself as a skeptic first. I have gone searching for more skeptically focused forums but haven't really found anything to match TTA. I still feel more or less at home here.

I'm not much for talking about my day online. I go online to exchange ideas more than anything. For that reason I don't think I'll ever be a core member of any online community. But so long as the infighting is not too bad, I'm happy to look on from the sidelines and put my two cents in from time to time. TTA still provides a good mix of content and interesting discussion alongside my facebook and youtube feeds, and aside from the podcasts I listen to in lieu of radio in my car. I like quite a lot of you guys.

I don't know if I can see myself hanging around indefinitely, but I suppose I'll keep coming for as long as it remains the easiest way to stay in touch with the awesome people here.

Have fun Carlo, and don't lose touch with the people you like. I think ultimately that's what having a forum is about.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post