This is how I wanna die.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: This is how I wanna die.
(09-02-2016 11:10 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 07:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like you have thought about this before... Consider

Blink

Indeed I have. I keep my horse at a ranch next to the Pike National Forest and we ride there almost every day. For several years, there was a large male mountain lion who would follow us for a couple miles along the trail. He was never a threat to us and, in fact, my horse seemed to like him. [Mountain lions would often cross the pasture where my horse lived and he was used to them. They never bothered the horses.] As the years passed, the lion learned that we were no threat to him and we reached the point where he would come out on the trail behind us but he would always stay about 25 yards back. I always figured when my number was up, I would like that lion to finish me off. Big Grin

I've been studying mountain lions since I was a kid in the South Dakota Black Hills. We have them in my neighborhood [I live on the side of Pikes Peak] although they are so secretive, people rarely see them. However, in the winter, after a snow, we see tracks all over the place. I often have lion tracks on the roof of my house. Mountain lions are among the most curious of cats and they often follow hikers just out of curiosity and the hikers never realize it. If they do happen to catch a glimpse of the lion, the hiker often thinks he is being stalked because the lion tends to stay partially hidden in the bushes. The fact is, the hiker is not being stalked at all. People are not usually on a mountain lion's diet. Lions much prefer mule deer, dogs, wild turkeys, elk, antelope, etc.

That went from a little weird to very interesting in 2.4 seconds. Thanks for that. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply