This is how you celebrate The Lord...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2012, 05:22 AM
This is how you celebrate The Lord...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...bours.html

Neighbours' fury at Sister Mary's plan to erect 24ft neon cross in her back garden for ‘spiritual protection

[Image: article-2172554-14082033000005DC-689_634x829.jpg]

Quote:According to Sister Mary Michael, it will stand as a ‘symbol of hope’ offering ‘spiritual protection’ to all who look at it.

But the nun’s plan to put up a 24ft high illuminated cross at the bottom of her 30ft long garden has left her neighbours, well, cross.

Sister Mary, 68, has triggered an almighty debate after lodging a planning application to build the LED-lit cross in the back garden of her two-bedroom bungalow. She says she plans three hours of prayers at the cross each day.

Her "project" is still waiting for an approval by the local officials, but an interesting thing about it is that the legal paper is the reference number 666...

[Image: mary_13072012_screen625.jpg]

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
13-07-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: This is how you celebrate The Lord...
See, this is why backyards are stupid they just encourage people to do stupid stuff like this.
You wouldn't have this problem in an apartment, I'm just sayin'.

As for the 666, that is pretty funny. A bad omen? I think so.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
13-07-2012, 06:27 AM
(13-07-2012 05:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...bours.html

Neighbours' fury at Sister Mary's plan to erect 24ft neon cross in her back garden for ‘spiritual protection

[Image: article-2172554-14082033000005DC-689_634x829.jpg]

Quote:According to Sister Mary Michael, it will stand as a ‘symbol of hope’ offering ‘spiritual protection’ to all who look at it.

But the nun’s plan to put up a 24ft high illuminated cross at the bottom of her 30ft long garden has left her neighbours, well, cross.

Sister Mary, 68, has triggered an almighty debate after lodging a planning application to build the LED-lit cross in the back garden of her two-bedroom bungalow. She says she plans three hours of prayers at the cross each day.

Her "project" is still waiting for an approval by the local officials, but an interesting thing about it is that the legal paper is the reference number 666...

[Image: mary_13072012_screen625.jpg]

Big Grin
The only reason that this application would not be rejected out-of-hand as a public nuisance is sensitivity to religion. Pansy-ass officials. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't that thing be...oh I don't know... REALLY BRIGHT!? It would be like daytime during the night around that thing. If I lived close and it interfered with my already screwed up sleep patterns.....Javelins....Javelins everywhere.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
13-07-2012, 08:33 PM
(13-07-2012 09:07 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Wouldn't that thing be...oh I don't know... REALLY BRIGHT!? It would be like daytime during the night around that thing. If I lived close and it interfered with my already screwed up sleep patterns.....Javelins....Javelins everywhere.

Slingshots, way better than javelins.
A bunch of javelins and you’d end up with more crosses!

Where would a nun get the cash for this? I thought it was a life of poverty and whatnot? (Notice how the pope isn’t short of a few bucks though…)

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
14-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:She is now ‘earnestly praying for the money to come in’ to fund the structure.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... dont think the cross is going up then Confused

The "hooded rabble" of teenagers that terrorise the area where I live seem to respect me...... I reckon if I gave them £20 between them and supplied them with black spray paint then the problem will be sorted Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I say just shoot the bitch.

But that's just my opinion.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
14-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Her neighbours should erect (teehee) a 24ft neon statue of Satan...just to piss her off.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-07-2012, 02:26 PM
A 48 ft penis and a 48 ft vagina. The penis could be on a track and move back and forth towards the vagina. And it could be sold as religious too since it represents male and female fertility.

Or a big hammer and nail.

Evolve
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-07-2012, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 03:38 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
How about a statue of Optimus Prime? If Jesus comes back (for the first time) using that
cross as a scale for how big he supposedly was, (the story says one was
there when he died) we'll definitely need a defender. Wink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]