This is just ....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2011, 04:29 AM

This is just ....
I found this link after watching the Hitchens video. I found it high-larious and wanted to get some opinions.
As a believer in god and a believer in science, I found it ludicrous. The comments were equally entertaining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CX2r8N9h...re=related

Seriously, religious right, quit making it hard on the rest of us believers.
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 07:02 AM
RE: This is just ....
Sad to say I've heard that argument before , fundamentalists tend to recycle -> just not where it counts.
If you think YT is bad , try reading a story on Yahoo related to religion/atheism and see the comments there ...
Thanks for the link though Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 08:39 AM
It's truly amazing how dumb some of these fundies are.
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I made a helpful suggestion that didn't appear to sit well with him.

I'm TenTonNuke.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM

(02-02-2011 10:24 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I made a helpful suggestion that didn't appear to sit well with him.

I'm TenTonNuke.

I thought that was really funny. I wanna call fake on the video, it's just too stupid.
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
(02-02-2011 10:24 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm TenTonNuke.

Why didn't you say you were on YT ? Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm dbutzer, been having an interesting back and forth with him too.

All you'll find on my channel is RC Helicopter stuff (which is a very fun hobby BTW).
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM

(02-02-2011 03:12 PM)Dbutz Wrote:  I'm dbutzer, been having an interesting back and forth with him too.

hehe, I seee you!!
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2011 07:30 PM by The Doctor.)
I am Bab5crusade:

My reply:
You do know that the Bible was written by many different people.

If a Bible is true. Find me a fossilized Chicken next too a dinosaur. Find me evidence that a snake can talk. Find me evidence that Noah held over one million different species of animals.

Uploader:
What does this have to do with Gods existence? FYI, chicken bones are too small to last millions of years. Get real... A talking snake is not literal ding dong... The snake was symbol of how the prey..which is the same as how satan work. the story of Noah does not say a million species...

Me:
1. We have found Dinosaurs smaller than a Chicken:
Albertonykus borealis
http://www.science20.com/news_releases/a...t_dinosaur
2. You told us the Bible has: "Science Facts Confirm That The Bible Is The Ultimate Truth"
3. God did tell Noah to bring EVERY ANIMAL:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=NIV

Uploader:

- you are so funny... take note that Noah was in the middle east and animals of world do not habitat only in this region. So stop knit pick and be realistic. How many animals do you think live in the middle east....

Me:

@onlytruegod

The Bible didn't state the middle east.
19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you.

It told Noah to bring two of all living creatures. He did not say only bring creatures only living in a 1 kilometer radius. Also how could this be a world wide flood when you claim it's the middle east.
13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence....

Uploader:
Noah was from the middle east (somewhere in Iraq). Now how many animals live in the middle east? There are only a few. There is now way Noah traveled the entire world in ancient days. What a fool you are...

Me:
Then you are claiming the Bible is not true.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM

My first Message was regarding his video, where the bible refers to the earth as a circle, and he says it's proof that the bible predicted that It was a sphere. He is also claimed that when science reaches perfection it will only be as good as God's word.

Me: You do realise that a circle is a 2D flat shape. If the bible has so much information in that it is far more superior to science, then why didn't theologians come up with a cure for smallpox, why cant they find in God's word what the cure for cancer is? How come it is scientists working to cure all of the diseases in the world. If the bible has so much knowledge because of gods word then why aren't theologians the most honoured people on the planet doing all the amazing things science does

Uploader: (No Reply)

Me: "god's word is truth, it does not change when circumstances do" (stated in the video)
Hurray, I can still kill my children by using the truth of the bible!
Exodus 21:17 Anyone who dishonours father or mother must be put to death.

Uploader: What a fool!... God will put to death those who dishonors their parents on Judgement day.. It does not mean the parent was given the right to kill their children.. FYI

Me: Matt. 5:22 anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

"It does not mean the parent was given the right to kill their children" it doesn't say that in the bible. you're making the bible say what you want it to say.

EXODUS 21:20-21 Says you can beat your slave as long as it doesn't die. Care to justify this, the perfect word of God?

deuteronomy 13:6-16 Says you should surely kill people who try and get you to believe in another God. Care to justify this?

Uploader: I say you are a fool because that is what God calls those who are unbelieving. Atheist are fools according to the bible. (ignores that the bible says he is in danger of hell for saying it) (No reply about the bible passages after asking them 3 times to reply)

Me:Proverbs 28:26 "Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe." Therefore you aren't allowed to trust in yourself. Can you truly tell me that you don't trust in yourself?

Proverbs 14:7 "Leave the presence of a fool, for there you do not meet words of knowledge."
You aren't doing what the bible tells you to do. You must stop debating with us as we are fools. disobeying this is going against the word of god, Please obey the bible.

Uploader: rely on God... therefore I do not trust myself. I trust God will all my heart. I Love God... Where are you get at? I am not debating against the fools, I am informing the fools so that they will avoid their demise on Judgment day... I am not a convincer but a propagator / informer. Thats all.

Me: Definition of Debate: the formal presentation of a stated proposition and the opposition to it. That is what you're doing. Youre still ignoring the word of God. the bible says "leave the presence of a fool" so why aren't you doing it? That is very worrying that you don't trust yourself. If I asked you "what is 2+2" you wouldn't be able to trust yourself that the answer is 4? Of course you would, therefore you trust yourself. Please respond to the two comments you ignored.

Me: "I am informing the fools so that they will avoid their demise on Judgment day"
When exactly is that? Harold Camping says it will be May 21st 2011. You should see how much trouble he has went into spreading the message that god is coming to destroy the earth. Here is a video about it /watch?v=xJQFVqnlZTw  What do you think? God is coming!

Uploader:ha ha ha... and you believe another fool eh... No one knows the exact date. All I know is that the signs have been given which you and I can witness the chaos happening in the world. I feel it is within 5 years based on current events.

Me:"and you believe another fool" I think his predictions are incorrect...

"I feel it is within 5 years based on current events." Why does it matter what you feel? as you stated before, you cant trust yourself. What makes you think that you have the ability to predict it? where do you get your evidence from? Harold Camping last predicted judgement day would be september 6 1994. he believed he was correct, but he wasn't. What makes you think that you are correct?

Me:"All I know is that the signs have been given which you and I can witness the chaos happening in the world" What chaos? Wars? earthquakes? crimes? These things have been going on for a very long time, what makes you think they are suddenly attributing towards a judgement day?

Answer the two comments of mine that you ignored please.

Uploader:your google is to your disposal... so use it..

Me:"your google is to your disposal... so use it."

That is the answer I would expect from somebody who is trying to avoid giving an answer. Perhaps you could use google yourself and then tell me how chaos is somehow linked with the day of judgement. Also, you're still ignoring the two comments I posted earlier. Please click the "view all comments" and search for any queries I have asked that you have not answered. I wouldn't like to think that youre ignoring them for some reason.

Uploader: @dbutzer - Of course NOT.. God wants all to be saved. implant that in your head... He calls the saved as the "elect" because He foreseen the choices made ahead of time. Because we were give the choice. get it now..

We do have a choice, free will at is... Just like you taking the free will to be atheist. We are not predestined, God saw our future choices already. For you, you sadly chose to be ungodly, and unbelieving.

Me:"We do have a choice, free will at is, Just like you taking the free will to be atheist."

Being atheist isn't a choice. I couldn't make myself believe in God as I see no evidence to support his existence. I can believe in him no more than I can believe in Santa clause. If God wants me to be saved he will reveal himself to me.

God gives us free will? GOD: "Do what I say or you will suffer for all eternity, but you have free will to do what you like because I love you"

Uploader:Being an atheist is a choice! You sound like a homesexual person that does have a choice but being gay. Everything is a choice in this cruel world my friend.

Me:Do you choose to release serotonin when you see somebody you love? of course not, because it isn't a choice, therefore everything isn't a choice.

Let me ask you something. Can you choose to be sexually attracted to the same gender? Of course not. you could pretend to by being intimate with them, but you still wouldn't be attracted to them.

I could pretend to believe in god and worship him, but I would still be lying about believing in him. I can't choose to believe in a Deity.