This is just backwards. The judge should be removed from the bench.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: This is just backwards. The judge should be removed from the bench.
(25-02-2012 07:14 AM)weekendskp Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 05:03 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Er, Obama the US president? He's a Christian, last time I checked.

Last time you checked? What did you do, peek under his choir robe?

He doesn't attend church
He was raised by an atheist mother who has a PhD in Anthropology and studied religion.
He has made many comments about the religious as if he were speaking from an atheist position.
He must keep the christian flag flying while he's running for re-election.
It would be interesting if he announced his position after the election. If he truly is an atheist he would certainly start some conversations.
I believe the christian right, who call him a muslim, would hate him even more for being an atheist.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2012, 08:06 AM
(25-02-2012 07:37 AM)Thomas Wrote:  He doesn't attend church
He was raised by an atheist mother who has a PhD in Anthropology and studied religion.
He has made many comments about the religious as if he were speaking from an atheist position.
It would be interesting if he announced his position after the election. If he truly is an atheist he would certainly start some conversations.
I believe the christian right, who call him a muslim, would hate him even more for being an atheist.

I don't tend to think he's an atheist, but can only go by the outward appearance. There are theists that make secular arguments and run their lives secular of their religion except for church, so don't think that's enough to say he's an atheist.

If he is though, he probably wouldn't say it until he's no longer president. The reason is the party. He would probably cause a huge number of people to simply stop voting Dem ever again simply because he's an atheist from what I know of some people. Because of the party, he probably wouldn't want to hurt it or other's chances that are in the party. I personally don't like the two party system and think it needs to be broken up more, but he's right in the middle of it.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-02-2012, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 11:16 AM by Question.)
(25-02-2012 07:37 AM)Thomas Wrote:  
(25-02-2012 07:14 AM)weekendskp Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 05:03 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Er, Obama the US president? He's a Christian, last time I checked.

Last time you checked? What did you do, peek under his choir robe?

He doesn't attend church

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-church-dine...13524.html
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-policie...59370.html
If he thinks he's a Christian, he's a Christian. You have no position to make a silly standard for people of faith.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post