This is kind of fun.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2012, 12:52 PM
RE: This is kind of fun.
I got the Holy Grail of first posts (I think, Stark will know if I'm right or wrong here).

Editor-TheThinkingAtheist - I think this is Seth's first post, am I right?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Too funny that they were calling him Ed. (looks to me like it was short for Editor)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
14-02-2012, 01:40 PM
This is about the closest I got to an "intro" . It was on an were you once a believer thread.

Quote:My entire extended family is devout Mormon. I grew up going to church weekly, not being able to drink caffeine and all of the other nonsense that comes with Mormonism. As a young child I ate it up- as does every child given a cookie when they answer the question correctly. At the age of 12 - I started questioning my faith because of a lesson in Geography about the Egyptians. The entire class was laughing hysterically at the afterlife of floating down a underground river with our worldly posessions. At that moment, I wondered how long in the future it would be until there would be another class learning about our faith and laughing at us for so many of our silly beliefs. Mormons don't take lightly to children questioning the faith - and I was told, as a female, my life would be overly difficult, because I "thought to much" ( apparently women are not supposed to question anything ). I'm 29 now, and although I haven't believed in any kind of organized religion past the age of maybe 16 - I still held on to looking for "something". I can now definitely say - I've let go of any notion of a higher power but it was a long road of letting completely go. BTW speaking of letting go. If you haven't listened to "Letting go of God" by Julia Sweeney -- its pretty spot on for most people who have been raised up in faith with religious families-- and also pretty funny! And she is Pat from SNL -- which I learned after I listened to her monologue and that made me laugh even more..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 3 users Like k37713's post
14-02-2012, 01:50 PM
(14-02-2012 12:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Too funny that they were calling him Ed. (looks to me like it was short for Editor)

My favorite is that he's listed as a junior member. It's kind of sad though how all of the posters on his link... are gone.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
14-02-2012, 01:53 PM
(14-02-2012 12:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Too funny that they were calling him Ed. (looks to me like it was short for Editor)

He signed it

"-Ed"

Are y'all sure that's Seth?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-02-2012, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 01:59 PM by Hughsie.)
(14-02-2012 01:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He signed it

"-Ed"

Are y'all sure that's Seth?

Behold, the almighty Seth!
(14-02-2012 01:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  My favorite is that he's listed as a junior member.

Yeah, and that he only has two stars.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
14-02-2012, 02:56 PM
(14-02-2012 12:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Observer

...the fuck?

Is that even English?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 5 users Like Observer's post
14-02-2012, 03:12 PM
(14-02-2012 12:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 12:42 PM)Leela Wrote:  I'm not on the list!!!!

wait... I didn't post one Tongue

You sure about that?

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...7#pid60647

that doesn't count, it's not a stand alone thread Dodgy

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 06:28 PM
(14-02-2012 02:56 PM)Observer Wrote:  ...the fuck?

Is that even English?

I gotta be honest your English is pretty bad, so bad that I actually thought you were American for several months after joining Big Grin.

Best
Worst
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
14-02-2012, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 07:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-02-2012 01:40 PM)k37713 Wrote:  This is about the closest I got to an "intro" . It was on an were you once a believer thread.

Quote:My entire extended family is devout Mormon. I grew up going to church weekly, not being able to drink caffeine and all of the other nonsense that comes with Mormonism. ...

Quit your bitchin', you had your Mormon Tea. Wink

(14-02-2012 02:56 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 12:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Observer

...the fuck?

Is that even English?

And yet, I still know no Dutch, or Flemish, ... or whatever. Hardly feels fair to me.

(14-02-2012 06:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I gotta be honest your English is pretty bad, so bad that I actually thought you were American for several months after joining Big Grin.

Don't we already have a Transatlantic smackdown thread around here somewhere? ... I'll meet you over there as soon as I grab my fundoshi.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post