This is probably posted in the wrong place, but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2012, 04:50 PM
This is probably posted in the wrong place, but...
So my impression that this is place filled with intelligent, mature, rational people is perhaps not as well thought out as it should have been.

Because I marked a negative reputation, I have been challenged, and threatened:

"I'll make sure you are in the red just as soon as I can neg again."

Maybe this isn't the place to be. I had hoped to learn and share here.

This may not belong here, perhaps the mods will move it to the appropriate place.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 04:58 PM
RE: This is probably posted in the wrong place, but...
oh come on! you're offended because someone made some click that makes a number in your profile be red? don't be silly, you'll have a lot of bad and good rep over time, you may even start a rep war, that would be epic XD

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-03-2012, 05:00 PM
(13-03-2012 04:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So my impression that this is place filled with intelligent, mature, rational people is perhaps not as well thought out as it should have been.

Because I marked a negative reputation, I have been challenged, and threatened:

"I'll make sure you are in the red just as soon as I can neg again."

Maybe this isn't the place to be. I had hoped to learn and share here.

This may not belong here, perhaps the mods will move it to the appropriate place.

Don't put too much into the rep thing. It's just a thing we use to score points off each other when we've got nothing better to do. Really. It's just a number. Stark who used to be the forum God had a neg rep for a while 'cos he asked so nicely for it.

Mature, intelligent, rational... I think you might be in the wrong place Wink Hang around a bit though, see who else around here is worth hanging out with. We're pretty diverse... I for one would be sad to see you go, though I haven't really seen that many posts from you. Just... after a while you start to care about the forum community, even the dysfunctional elements Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Don't let it bother you- I've gotten myself some neg rep before too. Just stick around and be you! Your posts seem pretty level-headed so far. Smile

I'd give you a bit of positive rep, but I'm all out of rep for the day already. Plus I'd like to see you post around a bit more. Negative rep can always be reversed by the person who did it, so show them you're not so bad and it might go away eventually anyway.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
13-03-2012, 05:07 PM
(13-03-2012 05:05 PM)kineo Wrote:  Don't let it bother you- I've gotten myself some neg rep before too. Just stick around and be you! Your posts seem pretty level-headed so far. Smile

I'd give you a bit of positive rep, but I'm all out of rep for the day already. Plus I'd like to see you post around a bit more. Negative rep can always be reversed by the person who did it, so show them you're not so bad and it might go away eventually anyway.

I didn't know that...
13-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about it Anjele. The assumption that any place is full of intelligent, mature and rational people will more than likely get proven wrong. You can just hope that the majority are.

Any sort of Interwebz places like this require a slight thickness of the skin. Unfortunately there are those that get carried away with the thickening and it continues into their brain. The most important thing is to make your points and have fun when you can, none of the rep thingies etc matter.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Eternal's post
13-03-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 05:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-03-2012 04:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So my impression that this is place filled with intelligent, mature, rational people is perhaps not as well thought out as it should have been.

I'm down with the rational part, I mean I'm told that 1 out of 3 should get me into Cooperstown.

Rep don't mean a whole lot around here (what does a reputable atheist look like anyway, we're all a bit sketchy Wink). I had a brief, rather pleasant, civil discourse with the all-time trainwreck record holder of negative rep here. ... And check out my rep history for the types of fun we can have with it when we get really bored.

P.S. Feel free to join in that fray, that green is starting to make me a little queasy again. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
13-03-2012, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 08:12 PM by Anjele.)
Thanks...and I forgot to add that the people here as funny as fuck.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah... I mean... look at me... I'm the resident Christian and such...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
13-03-2012, 08:57 PM
(13-03-2012 08:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah... I mean... look at me... I'm the resident Christian and such...

It's all me me me with you bloody christians. Big Grin

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Eternal's post