This is so cool. 100 million year old attack caught in time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: This is so cool. 100 million year old attack caught in time.
[Image: GhiX_awgP0CZYPfxtJctsw2.png]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 12:30 PM
(10-10-2012 12:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  [Image: GhiX_awgP0CZYPfxtJctsw2.png]

You think the article is a fake?

Evolve
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
(10-10-2012 10:37 AM)kim Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know why, but this kind of stuff just fascinates me. I mean... these specific animal species have been long extinct, and here they are... right in front of us... perfectly preserved.

It's just so cool if you really think about it.

Story here.

Wah? No

Ok... yes, this photo and info is way cool but Kingsy, this one thing, right here is why Fox News is fucked. The last sentence of this article is a worthless piece of shit. It is completely inaccurate, entirely conjecture and I hate them, I hate them, I hate them for spreading this kind of bullshit:

Quote:The attack on the wasp by the bristly orb-weaver spider, Geratonephila burmanica, might then be considered revenge.

WTF? - might then be considered revenge. This was not in quotes and I'm betting this was not even uttered by George Poinar, Jr., zoology professor at Oregon State University.

Why then, did this dip shit reporter think it just so important to "consider" that a spider would entertain the complex human, egocentric emotions related to revenge? Anthropomorphize, much? For this, I "consider" this reporter (Megan Gannon) to be a completely juvenile, moron.

The wasp was just going to be eaten because that's what spiders do.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? I know it seems like just a little thing, but it really is not when it comes to how people think, when thinking scientifically.

Now... not a big deal... just wanted to point out why Fox is so suspect... carry on. Drinking Beverage

I hardly think the reporter was trying to imply that spiders have emotions.
We (humans) give things human characteristics all the time. It doesn't mean we imply those things are human in nature, it's just a way of relating or describing something because we can relate.
ie: "ain't she a beauty" in relation to a car or something. I hardly think that a comment like that imply s that cars have genders.
"Mother-earth", "Father-land" etc...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
10-10-2012, 08:40 PM
(10-10-2012 09:41 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Edit: I'm confused and amused by your gif signature.

It's better with the audio.

Behold the power of suggestion... I mean God.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
You do not know how badly I want to go to one of those and not fall down.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM
(10-10-2012 10:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You do not know how badly I want to go to one of those and not fall down.

No, go to one and instead of falling down grab him and convulse all over, and hold on to his feet so he trips. Please?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
11-10-2012, 01:16 AM
(10-10-2012 10:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You do not know how badly I want to go to one of those and not fall down.

I would love to join in on that.

Being stared at by religious people would be a new experience. We stare at them here.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-10-2012, 08:13 AM

I would be right there with you.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
(10-10-2012 12:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 12:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  [Image: GhiX_awgP0CZYPfxtJctsw2.png]

You think the article is a fake?

Not just the article. I believe all evidence for evolution is falsified, and is all part of a massive conspiracy lead by scientists.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
11-10-2012, 01:54 PM
(11-10-2012 01:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 12:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You think the article is a fake?

Not just the article. I believe all evidence for evolution is falsified, and is all part of a massive conspiracy lead by scientists.

oh u

[Image: vjp09.gif]