This is some fucked up repugnant shit!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 06:53 AM
RE: This is some fucked up repugnant shit!
(27-05-2016 06:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 05:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  BTW, what is fifty shekels in todays currency?

Fifty shekels = US$12.99. Sadcryface

Thanks!

So minimum wage in most of the US is $7.50. Take off roughly 30% for taxes and shit and that leaves you about $5.75-ish. We'll call it $6 take home pay.

That means you could work a bit less than 3 hours at a minimum wage job and then go buy a virgin.

Talk about biblical values.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-05-2016, 07:25 AM
(27-05-2016 06:53 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 06:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Fifty shekels = US$12.99. Sadcryface

Thanks!

So minimum wage in most of the US is $7.50. Take off roughly 30% for taxes and shit and that leaves you about $5.75-ish. We'll call it $6 take home pay.

That means you could work a bit less than 3 hours at a minimum wage job and then go buy a virgin.

Talk about biblical values.

To be fair, if you're working minimum wage you're likely paying almost no taxes...

Well, except sales tax on the people you're buying, I suppose.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
27-05-2016, 07:59 AM
(27-05-2016 07:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  To be fair, if you're working minimum wage you're likely paying almost no taxes...

In the US, you deduct for Social Security, Medicaid, etc. It usually ends up being around 30% deductions, give or take. There is some variation due to tax brackets, but not enough, in my experience, to really matter.

So if your paycheck says $1000 gross, you get $700-750 net.

Sales tax varies from state to state and sometimes county to county. A handful of states, like Oregon, have no state sales tax. Pennsylvania has 6% State sales tax, but some counties add 1% local, making it 7%.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
27-05-2016, 08:00 AM
(27-05-2016 07:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Sales tax varies from state to state and sometimes county to county. A handful of states, like Oregon, have no state sales tax. Pennsylvania has 6% State sales tax, but some counties add 1% local, making it 7%.

That would be Allegheny, because Pittsburgh just isn't shit enough on it's own...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-05-2016, 08:09 AM
(27-05-2016 07:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 07:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  To be fair, if you're working minimum wage you're likely paying almost no taxes...

In the US, you deduct for Social Security, Medicaid, etc. It usually ends up being around 30% deductions, give or take. There is some variation due to tax brackets, but not enough, in my experience, to really matter.

Up front, sure, but would one not get most of that back in refunds?

(27-05-2016 07:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Sales tax varies from state to state and sometimes county to county. A handful of states, like Oregon, have no state sales tax. Pennsylvania has 6% State sales tax, but some counties add 1% local, making it 7%.

Yes, and rates vary by type good/service purchased as well.

Wait, did they have sales tax back in the slavery days? Excises, certainly, which are de facto the same thing, but...

... this is my signature!
27-05-2016, 08:14 AM
(27-05-2016 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Up front, sure, but would one not get most of that back in refunds?

Nope. You can weasel some back, sometimes, but it can be a royal pain.

(27-05-2016 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Wait, did they have sales tax back in the slavery days? Excises, certainly, which are de facto the same thing, but...

Lol. Hard to say. I would guess that they did not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

27-05-2016, 08:15 AM
(27-05-2016 08:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

That would be Allegheny, because Pittsburgh just isn't shit enough on it's own...

Nothing like a little taxation without representation.

27-05-2016, 08:16 AM
(27-05-2016 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Wait, did they have sales tax back in the slavery days? Excises, certainly, which are de facto the same thing, but...

Yep. Even had sales tax on the purchase of slaves.

https://library.uncg.edu/slavery/petitio...s=3&sid=39

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-05-2016, 08:22 AM
(27-05-2016 08:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 07:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  In the US, you deduct for Social Security, Medicaid, etc. It usually ends up being around 30% deductions, give or take. There is some variation due to tax brackets, but not enough, in my experience, to really matter.

Up front, sure, but would one not get most of that back in refunds?

Yes, and rates vary by type good/service purchased as well.

Wait, did they have sales tax back in the slavery days? Excises, certainly, which are de facto the same thing, but...

But in those days a day's wages may have been 1 shekel. In Jesus day it was from 2 to 5 shekels but that may have included 1000 years worth of inflation.
27-05-2016, 08:22 AM
My fiance brought up, "Was it statutory or forced rape?"

I wonder which, I couldn't tell for sure by reading the article. Both are terrible, but there are indeed levels of scumbaggery.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.