This is the thread that doesn't end...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: This is the thread that doesn't end...
(22-11-2012 11:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:24 AM)cufflink Wrote:  My own, from the original Middle Gibberish.

You might want to have that peer reviewed. Consider

The Middle Gibberish sources are, at best, questionable.

Yes, that was indeed the consensus of scholarly opinion until very recently. But I fear you did not attend this year’s annual meeting of the Kamchatka Society for Bibulous Research in Dnepropetrovsk, the theme of which was, “The Middle Gibberish of the Synrhinic Gas Pills: Whither?” If you had, I feel certain you would have been impressed by Qi Xingting’s keynote address (he of Reformed Egyptian for Dummies fame), “Resolving Lexical Uncertainty in the Mid. Gib. of the SGP in the Light of the Proto-Armenian of Fragment XVIII-B of the Tierra del Fuego Necronomicon.” (A revised and expanded version is to appear in the upcoming Festschrift for Morris T. Katz.) After that astonishing tour de force, one must view the accuracy of the Mid. Gib. SGP in a whole new light.

As Weltenschmerzenpfeffer so succinctly put it, “Bei einer Bestimmung des Seins als beispielsweise Substanz oder Materie wird das Sein nur in Bezug auf die Gegenwart vorgestellt: Das Vorhandene ist gegenwärtig, jedoch ohne dass es Bezüge zu Vergangenheit und Zukunft hätte. In dem Mittel Gibberischen versuchte man im Verlauf der Untersuchung zu zeigen, dass im Gegensatz dazu die Zeit eine wesentliche Bedingung für ein Verständnis des Seins ist, da sie – vereinfacht gesagt – einen Verständnishorizont darstellt, in dessen Rahmen die Dinge in der Welt erst sinnhafte Bezüge zwischeneinander ausbilden können. So dient beispielsweise der Hammer dazu, Nägel in Bretter zu schlagen, um ein Haus zu bauen, welches Schutz vor kommenden Unwettern bietet. Es lässt sich also nur im Gesamtzusammenhang einer Welt mit zeitlichen Bezügen verstehen, was der Hammer außer einem vorhandenen Stück Holz und Eisen ist.”

What can one say after that?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
23-11-2012, 07:36 AM
(23-11-2012 07:31 AM)cufflink Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 11:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  You might want to have that peer reviewed. Consider

The Middle Gibberish sources are, at best, questionable.

Yes, that was indeed the consensus of scholarly opinion until very recently. But I fear you did not attend this year’s annual meeting of the Kamchatka Society for Bibulous Research in Dnepropetrovsk, the theme of which was, “The Middle Gibberish of the Synrhinic Gas Pills: Whither?” If you had, I feel certain you would have been impressed by Qi Xingting’s keynote address (he of Reformed Egyptian for Dummies fame), “Resolving Lexical Uncertainty in the Mid. Gib. of the SGP in the Light of the Proto-Armenian of Fragment XVIII-B of the Tierra del Fuego Necronomicon.” (A revised and expanded version is to appear in the upcoming Festschrift for Morris T. Katz.) After that astonishing tour de force, one must view the accuracy of the Mid. Gib. SGP in a whole new light.

As Weltenschmerzenpfeffer so succinctly put it, “Bei einer Bestimmung des Seins als beispielsweise Substanz oder Materie wird das Sein nur in Bezug auf die Gegenwart vorgestellt: Das Vorhandene ist gegenwärtig, jedoch ohne dass es Bezüge zu Vergangenheit und Zukunft hätte. In dem Mittel Gibberischen versuchte man im Verlauf der Untersuchung zu zeigen, dass im Gegensatz dazu die Zeit eine wesentliche Bedingung für ein Verständnis des Seins ist, da sie – vereinfacht gesagt – einen Verständnishorizont darstellt, in dessen Rahmen die Dinge in der Welt erst sinnhafte Bezüge zwischeneinander ausbilden können. So dient beispielsweise der Hammer dazu, Nägel in Bretter zu schlagen, um ein Haus zu bauen, welches Schutz vor kommenden Unwettern bietet. Es lässt sich also nur im Gesamtzusammenhang einer Welt mit zeitlichen Bezügen verstehen, was der Hammer außer einem vorhandenen Stück Holz und Eisen ist.”

Well, yes, what can one say? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 07:52 AM
(23-11-2012 07:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 07:31 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Yes, that was indeed the consensus of scholarly opinion until very recently. But I fear you did not attend this year’s annual meeting of the Kamchatka Society for Bibulous Research in Dnepropetrovsk, the theme of which was, “The Middle Gibberish of the Synrhinic Gas Pills: Whither?” If you had, I feel certain you would have been impressed by Qi Xingting’s keynote address (he of Reformed Egyptian for Dummies fame), “Resolving Lexical Uncertainty in the Mid. Gib. of the SGP in the Light of the Proto-Armenian of Fragment XVIII-B of the Tierra del Fuego Necronomicon.” (A revised and expanded version is to appear in the upcoming Festschrift for Morris T. Katz.) After that astonishing tour de force, one must view the accuracy of the Mid. Gib. SGP in a whole new light.

Well, yes, what can one say? Consider
I couldn't make it to Kamchatka since the land bridge is down.

After much deep reflection and fasting (several minutes), I can only point to the verses that support the opposing view.

"Thy sleep and rest shall steal upon thee. Only in ethereal planes will understanding come." Ether 2:12
"No true knowledge emanates from the unripe. Ripen thee unto fruition." Fermentations 2:23
"Let no breath of air or of knowledge enter in, for thy clear air is death unto the mast." Homebrews 45:70

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't you kids have chores to do?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-11-2012, 09:06 AM
(23-11-2012 08:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't you kids have chores to do?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-11-2012, 09:10 AM
(23-11-2012 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 08:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't you kids have chores to do?

Yes, yes I am. Yes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-11-2012, 09:23 AM
blah blah satanism. oh... this is the thread that never ends.. my mistake, was hard to tell the difference.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
24-11-2012, 08:49 PM
(23-11-2012 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 07:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, yes, what can one say? Consider
I couldn't make it to Kamchatka since the land bridge is down.

After much deep reflection and fasting (several minutes), I can only point to the verses that support the opposing view.

"Thy sleep and rest shall steal upon thee. Only in ethereal planes will understanding come." Ether 2:12
"No true knowledge emanates from the unripe. Ripen thee unto fruition." Fermentations 2:23
"Let no breath of air or of knowledge enter in, for thy clear air is death unto the mast." Homebrews 45:70

For Ether 2:12 I see we are indeed using irreconcilable sources.

As for your other quotes, may I remind you of the following from SecondKegs 19:

"What ye do to the yeast of these, ye do to me." 19:23

"And now abideth faith, hops, charity, these three." 19:25

"Ye are the malt of the earth." 19:31

It appears that we will simply have to agree to disagree. I wish you a successful fermentation.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
24-11-2012, 08:56 PM
(24-11-2012 08:49 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  I couldn't make it to Kamchatka since the land bridge is down.

It appears that we will simply have to agree to disagree. I wish you a successful fermentation.

Your talents were wasted in secular academia. You should have been a Homiletics Professor!

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2012, 09:10 PM
(24-11-2012 08:49 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  I couldn't make it to Kamchatka since the land bridge is down.

Worship Slaves