This is what we deal with in Louisiana.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: This is what we deal with in Louisiana.
OK, I hate to turn this into a pissing contest, buuuut....

Try standing about 100 yards away from a caribou herd in the arctic, during summer. The first time I was there I thought they were small dragonflies. (Turns out the dragonflies were what I mistook for small birds). And the numbers of them are unimaginable. And god forbid you try to slap one. They just think you're giving them a high five!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-03-2012, 01:12 AM
(10-03-2012 01:05 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  OK, I hate to turn this into a pissing contest, buuuut....

Try standing about 100 yards away from a caribou herd in the arctic, during summer. The first time I was there I thought they were small dragonflies. (Turns out the dragonflies were what I mistook for small birds). And the numbers of them are unimaginable. And god forbid you try to slap one. They just think you're giving them a high five!

The stories I've heard about camping up there and waking up covered with Canadian mosquitoes has kept me from even wanting to be anywhere around those parts after dark!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-03-2012, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 01:32 AM by Stark Raving.)
Where I am (southern praries) it gets bad, but nothing like on the tundra. Here they kinda come in waves until mid summer. But if it's a wet summer watch out. I've come back from camping looking like I tried to wrestle with a bee hive.
We build statues to appease the mosquito gods....

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Manitob...canada.htm

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
10-03-2012, 02:00 AM
(10-03-2012 01:26 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Where I am (southern praries) it gets bad, but nothing like on the tundra. Here they kinda come in waves until mid summer. But if it's a wet summer watch out. I've come back from camping looking like I tried to wrestle with a bee hive.
We build statues to appease the mosquito gods....

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Manitob...canada.htm

This just proves that the whole earth was affected by The Curse after Adam and Eve were the original sinners. There were no mosquitoes before The Fall nor shall there be any in Heaven.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Aw fuck! Did I just accidentally prove God exists? Again????

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Erxomai - that video was great haha