This is why America is overweight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 04:52 PM
This is why America is overweight
Something someone I know posted a little while ago on Facebook
[Image: 2s84u3d.jpg]
Like it isn't large enough already..

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 05:12 PM
RE: This is why America is overweight
I'd add this to the list...

[Image: 9c1679abd870a4b4884a7e1d6d81e33e.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-09-2012, 05:47 PM
(26-09-2012 05:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'd add this to the list...

[Image: 9c1679abd870a4b4884a7e1d6d81e33e.jpg]

Is that corn?

Corn is a fruit.

And fruit is good for you.

Duh.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
26-09-2012, 06:07 PM
So is corn syrup. Mmm.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
26-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Couple of smartasses tonight huh?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-09-2012, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 07:53 PM by aurora.)
I think some of the weight issues within western civilization has to do with taking anti-depressants and the like as they increase appetite expo'nentially and so many people take them nowadays. Maybe it's just another factor, I suppose.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
26-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Or just the general lack of self control in most situations. Not sure why this particular person feels it's necessary to consume more than 32 ounces of sweet tea. It's just the mentality of most. Doesn't help the fact that we are constantly bombarded with fast food ads to where it's almost subliminally being put in our minds.

26-09-2012, 09:27 PM
[Image: jimmy-dean-pancake-sausage-chocolate-chip-736804.0.jpg]

[Image: batter%20blaster.PNG]

Here are my suggestions. When I used to work in a grocery store, I was disgusted by all of the shit that was in there.

Imagine, someone is too lazy to make some pancake batter, so they have to spray it out of a can. Shameful. Angry

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I think part of it is simply the sedentary life we seem to lead today. You sit around staring at the TV or surfing the webz and the inclination is to snack.

A lot of us have had to but back on entertainment due to the economy. We are home more, and then we eat more. I also think part of it is the super-size thing and the idea that you are getting something free although that's an illusion. Well, for 40 cents more I can get twice as many fries and a drink that comes in a five gallon bucket...what a great deal! Have you seen the gigantic cups that they have had to make differently so that they will fit in a holder in the car? Crazy!

I also think food is a comfort thing. And it's something we can't completely stop taking in.

You can stop drinking and still survive. You can stop smoking and still survive. etc, etc. But you can't stop eating altogether. For addictions it's all or nothing...you can't approach food intake the same way.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I've been watching what i eat a good bit lately. With the recent sports I've began to do lately, I've even started to feel physically better and lose weight. I haven't felt this fantastic in a long time.

It's a choice to eat healthy, be healthy and be active. Unfortunately, we make it so damned easy not to be with prepared foods and the low cost of shitty high calorie meals, that it's often easier to go to the dollar menu and stuff your face, than it is to go make a tasty salad or healthy meal.

Fuck me man... It costs me $3.99 for a prepped salad and then + veggies and fruits + some light dressing and it costs what, $5 or $6 to make it? But maybe it'll be good for 2 servings. Or you could go spend $1.50 x 2 for a total of $3 on some double cheeseburgers and have that fatty tasty goodness of a giant helping of tasty hamburger and about 2000 calories.

On the other hand, I could go buy a head of lettuce for a handful of cents per pound, make a salad from scratch, buy veggies from scratch, make the dressing from scratch and have it cost hardly anything. But it takes time - and when you're tired from work, burned out for the day, it's easier to go, "Fuck it, i'm going to BK." instead of making the choice to take a few minutes and make something healthy.

I think we've simply made it too easy to opt out of the good choices, because shitty choices are easier to make.
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post