This is why America is overweight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 11:01 AM
RE: This is why America is overweight
(26-09-2012 06:35 PM)aurora Wrote:  I think some of the weight issues within western civilization has to do with taking anti-depressants and the like as they increase appetite expo'nentially and so many people take them nowadays. Maybe it's just another factor, I suppose.
Nearly to the point.
Americans, more than other countries, are kept like this:
Give them cheap food (McDonald, KFC, Dominos,....)
Give them games (Superbowl)
Have them scared (terrorism, war???)
Keep them stupid (fox news, misinformation???)
That is what is happening, not just my outsider picture, but I have a few very good friends (that are not the average US citizen but ARE US citizens) and this is exactly what they confirm and even tell me without me bringing it to the table first.
So they have all the fast food which is tasty and you can de facto get addicted to it. Then you have all the easy microwave foods and such, that are a little cheaper, and done in no time, but in exchange are very unhealthy and fattening.
1st step: The fatter you get the lazier you get - The lazier you are the more useless you feel - The more useless you feel the easier you get and stay depressed
2nd step: If you are held in an environment that keeps you scared of all kinds of things (number one here is "terrorism") and no way out is shown to you, the easier you get depressed.
1st step + 2nd step = medication that ups your apetite
And there we are in the bad spiral.

---------------------

Overall I don't really blame a single US person for this obesety problem over there. But I do in fact blame the government because war, terrorism, school system, News reports, Guidelines about food, ... that's all government issues. And as the American people as such has been kept uninformed and scared for so long, they don't even THINK about the possibilty anymore, that they can indeed vote someone in who leads the people into a better live, and therefore change things in their country.
The people vote the government, and the government keeps the people uninformed, see the problem?
I am very sure that the overweight problem in USA would be gone within 30-40 years if there was a government that actually works FOR the people and not AGAINST it.

sorry for the rant...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
27-09-2012, 11:20 AM
By the way, we're having a bacon shortage because we're using all our corn for fuel instead of feed.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
27-09-2012, 11:22 AM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Must have bacon! Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-09-2012, 11:22 AM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Must have bacon! Weeping Drooling

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-09-2012, 12:25 PM
The human body lacks the enzyme to digest the outer hull of the corn kernel. The pulp can be digested, but it's starchy and usually turned into sugar and stored as fat.

The serious crime of the corn industry is high fructose corn syrup. Cheap and added to everything in place of sugar.

High fructose corn syrup is extremely hard for the body to digest. While the body can digest sugar in just a day or so, it often takes three or four days to digest high fructose corn syrup.

The body can only digest 25 grams of corn syrup in one sitting, the equivalent to a can of soda. Any amount over 25 grams will turn directly into fat.

Unless one starves themselves for about four days, the body will never get a jump on burning off the fat from high fructose corn syrup.

Remember... that shit's in nearly everything processed. Just look at the ingredients of almost any commercial mainstream cereal box or even a cheaper loaf of bread on the shelf... no doubt high fructose corn syrup is in there.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
30-09-2012, 11:30 PM
There are many factors. Some of it is the poison we put into our bodies every day.
01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
This is why America is overweight
(27-09-2012 12:25 PM)kim Wrote:  The human body lacks the enzyme to digest the outer hull of the corn kernel. The pulp can be digested, but it's starchy and usually turned into sugar and stored as fat.

The serious crime of the corn industry is high fructose corn syrup. Cheap and added to everything in place of sugar.

High fructose corn syrup is extremely hard for the body to digest. While the body can digest sugar in just a day or so, it often takes three or four days to digest high fructose corn syrup.

The body can only digest 25 grams of corn syrup in one sitting, the equivalent to a can of soda. Any amount over 25 grams will turn directly into fat.

Unless one starves themselves for about four days, the body will never get a jump on burning off the fat from high fructose corn syrup.

Remember... that shit's in nearly everything processed. Just look at the ingredients of almost any commercial mainstream cereal box or even a cheaper loaf of bread on the shelf... no doubt high fructose corn syrup is in there.

I blame Iowa.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post