This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 02:47 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
Thumbs Down This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting sometimes
April 23rd, 2013, 13:30, terrorist mobsters ambushed policemen and community service workers and burned them alive because these terrorists were found in illegal possession of blades of which there was one 1.2 meters long. These suspected Uygur Jihad terrorists attacked the police and community guys brutally, resulting in 15 dead (10 Uygur, 3 Han, 2 Mongolian), 2 injured (Uygur)(And thanks a lot to dear sky, China bans gun). 6 terrorists were killed and 8 were captured alive.

And here's what Acting Deputy Spokesperson of the U.S. State Department, Patrick Ventrell said(Full Text):

"QUESTION: Do you have any reaction to it? And do you agree with the Chinese position that this was terrorism, or do you think this – these were merely protestors who were then unfairly targeted?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, Brad, we are deeply concerned by the reports of violent confrontation in Xinjiang that left 21 people dead. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully. We regret the unfortunate acts of violence that led to these casualties, and we’ll continue to encourage Chinese officials to take steps to reduce tensions and promote long-term stability in Xinjiang. And we urge the Chinese authorities to conduct a thorough and transparent investigation of this incident, and to provide all Chinese citizens, including Uighurs, the due process protections to which they are entitled not only under China’s constitutional laws but under their international human rights commitments as well."

Both involve minorities.
Both involve Muslims.
Both involve terrorism activities.
Both with police killed.
Both with civilian lives lost.
Both are tragic events.

Did any Chinese Foreign Affairs Department official lightly address the Boston bombing as an unfortunate act of violence?

Did any Chinese Foreign Affairs Department official encourage the U.S. government to reduce tensions and promote long-term stability in Boston, under such circumstences?

Did any Chinese Foreign Affairs Department official urge the U.S. government to conduct a thorough and transparent investigation of the Boston bombing, and to provide all the States' citizens, including Chechen Muslims, the due process protections, when people are still in the shock?

Did any Chinese Foreign Affairs Department official say that the States should keep in mind that the Chechen Muslim brothers were entitled due process protections not only under the States' constitutional laws but under the States' international human rights commitments as well, just two days after the bombing?

I will mark this as a reference so that I can still remember when any U.S. guy tells me there's no double standard in the human rights issue and makes a huge fuss of it.

Really disappointing and disgusting.

Angry

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
25-04-2013, 07:26 AM
RE: This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting
I'm thinking perhaps that in the US, these things are assumed to be self-evident so are rarely iterated.

It, therefore, strikes me as revealing that an official feels that these things need to be publicly stated.

25-04-2013, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 07:55 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(25-04-2013 07:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm thinking perhaps that in the US, these things are assumed to be self-evident so are rarely iterated.

It, therefore, strikes me as revealing that an official feels that these things need to be publicly stated.

Ironically, the fact is we Chinese assumed that these things were self-evident so we DIDN'T iterate them after the Boston bombing.

The reason why Acting Deputy Spokesperson of the U.S. State Department INTENTIONALLY DID iterate these things in such a way is what's shockingly interesting.

This topic on one of my Chinese forum didn't get much response other than a few "that's double standard [beep]" alike posts.

Since the Afghanistan War, we have seen enough and grown tired of it.

25-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Sorry, I got confused.

Why was a US official commenting on a Chinese event?

Were Chinese officials asked to comment regarding Boston?

25-04-2013, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 10:50 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(25-04-2013 07:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry, I got confused.

Why was a US official commenting on a Chinese event?

Were Chinese officials asked to comment regarding Boston?

It's a "Daily Press Briefing" of the State' State Department. Click here to see Full Text

Chinese Foreign Department Spokeswoman HUA, Chunyin was asked regarding Boston on April 16th.

She said China strongly condemns and firmly opposes any violent attacks against civilians, and she expressed deep and sincere condolences to the victims their families in this tragic event, and that China's Consulate General in New York had already sent staff to Boston to visit the injured Chinese student. (Press conference report: Click If you don't understand Chinese, try google translate to get the impression.)

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
25-04-2013, 10:05 AM
He's a diplomat, not a politician.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 10:16 AM
(25-04-2013 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  He's a diplomat, not a politician. Laughat

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I think you make an excellent point, HU.Junyuan

It reminds me of the phrase; "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom-fighter."

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
25-04-2013, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 02:46 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(25-04-2013 02:34 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I think you make an excellent point, HU.Junyuan

It reminds me of the phrase; "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom-fighter."

I guess victims and their families in both the Boston case and the Xin Jiang case wouldn't be happy about this "freedom-fighter" phrase, would they?

25-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Re: RE: This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting
(25-04-2013 02:34 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I think you make an excellent point, HU.Junyuan

Which is a completely bullshit statement.