This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting sometimes
(25-04-2013 05:31 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:34 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I think you make an excellent point, HU.Junyuan

It reminds me of the phrase; "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom-fighter."

Which is a completely bullshit statement.

Really? Are you that indoctrinated that you are blind to the other side? Are you no better than a North Korean? Despite your freedom and access to information you chose to ignore all of it? Even from a practical point of view I would think that you would understand this:

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I find most politicians absolutely despicable, regardless of where they are from, how principled their idiocy is, or what creed they sneeze out of their ass. You want some particularly deplorable representatives, check out the Aussies, Russians, or any South American country.

I am not disagreeing with you here though. The current U.S congress is currently composed of spineless cowards, with their only sense of direction being their seizure of the next election. It is not a uniquely American thing though.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't disagree with you either.

I find people like TheBlackNight, who cannot understand that quote, to be very dangerous. I know they exist in America's enemies but I find it disturbing when I see it on BOTH sides.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
25-04-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting
(25-04-2013 02:34 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I think you make an excellent point, HU.Junyuan

It reminds me of the phrase; "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom-fighter."

So what provides you with your objective sense of morality?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
26-04-2013, 12:48 PM
(25-04-2013 05:58 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 05:31 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Which is a completely bullshit statement.

Really? Are you that indoctrinated that you are blind to the other side? Are you no better than a North Korean? Despite your freedom and access to information you chose to ignore all of it? Even from a practical point of view I would think that you would understand this:

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu

Oh son, you have no idea...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-04-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: This is why I find some U.S. politicians really disgusting

It's not a bullshit statement at all, it highlights how differing perspectives change the way we classify people and actions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I'll clarify. My reason for quoting Sun Tzu was to point out that even one who is completely unwilling to try to understand his opponent for any reason, and who is completely devoted to his destruction, would be an idiot not to attempt to understand him. Therefore it is my opinion that TheBlackKnight is an idiot.