This is why we can't have nice things...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: This is why we can't have nice things...
(26-08-2015 09:41 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I guess I partially agree with you. I definitely wouldn't be as sympathetic if the kid had intentionally thrown his drink at the painting.

It looks to me like the reason his right arm was extended far enough to puncture the painting was
so that he wouldn't spill the drink that he shouldn't have been allowed to have in the first place. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2015, 09:49 AM
(26-08-2015 09:41 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I guess I partially agree with you. I definitely wouldn't be as sympathetic if the kid had intentionally thrown his drink at the painting.

Yeah, I don't think the kid did it on purpose, then I'd have rage. I just have contempt for anyone who is so careless around things like priceless art or anything expensive that doesn't belong to them.

And the "make him volunteer for a weekend" pisses me off too. The kid damaged a 350 year old painting. If that were my kid, he'd be there every weekend until he turned 18. Again, why I should never have kids. They'd hate me.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 09:50 AM
(26-08-2015 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  

It looks to me like the reason his right arm was extended far enough to puncture the painting was
so that he wouldn't spill the drink that he shouldn't have been allowed to have in the first place. Consider

That's my thought too. I also think he would have had an easier time keeping his balance with both hands free.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
27-08-2015, 06:57 PM
This is why we can't have nice things...
1.5mill ouch!
Kid shows how tough his case is: http://youtu.be/WupGCB6PEo4

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein