This is why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: This is why
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I accept that I don't have a choice to not believe, and the reason I believe is because I am elect. In that, I've also accepted that I will serve God.

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
06-02-2012, 06:17 PM
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I accept that I don't have a choice but to not believe, and the reason I don't believe is because I elected to enroll in Logic 101. In that, I've also accepted that I will be best served by furthering my education.

There, I fixed it for ya', brother.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I meant a physical pyramid. Oh yeah.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
07-02-2012, 09:11 AM

(06-02-2012 01:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, you guys have strengthened my beliefs. Smile

Funny, i said exactly the same thing to an athiest back in the day.

And here i sit, typing as a Hellbound White Ape!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
07-02-2012, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 09:23 AM by Erxomai.)
(07-02-2012 09:11 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 01:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, you guys have strengthened my beliefs. Smile

D

Amen, Brotha D!
(06-02-2012 03:22 PM)Nagoda Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:51 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Ummm, KC, you do realize that our debates with you have been cut short by your mysterious personal revelation, don't you? Maybe when you balance your faith you should start with the reason why you felt the need to protect that little taboo in all debates. Sure, I shrugged it off and lost interest more than once and you were quick to shine your badge. Not publicly because you're more subtle than that, but you surely did so in your heart of hearts.

Why do you hide it anyway? I mean the revelation. I may be wrong, but I think you know the kind of laughter that would bring in this community. And I also think that you realize (in your heart of hearts of hearts) that given enough poking and dissecting, you may start to see it as ridiculous too. You are capable of skepticism, you proved it more than once. All reasonable christians compartmentalize. They have that highly protected part of their brains where they do not allow reason to function properly. Then they use all their reason to rationalize and to justify that forbidden area. Your forbidden area is tiny, but it's there. And here you are, protecting it and being proud of your ability to waltz around it.

Now you know that you have the ability to rationally protect your forbidden zone from a bunch of polite atheists and that means that your faith is stronger. Congrats.

No, I do realize it defies logic. I do realize that you guys present a very, solid, sound case for not believing in God. The problem is, no matter how irrational it is, I can't shake my belief. No matter how much doubting and analyzing I do, in the end, I come back to my conclusion.

I accept that I don't have a choice to not believe, and the reason I believe is because I am elect. In that, I've also accepted that I will serve God.

I thought that way just yesterday, now look at me. Living proof that you can in fact change your mind.

Our latest convert has already become an Evangelist for the truly Good News!
Go and make disciples, Nagoda! Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
07-02-2012, 09:23 AM
(07-02-2012 09:11 AM)Denicio Wrote:  

D

[Image: disturbing.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't think that's the real reason... otherwise one would ask "since you've reached your conclusion, why are you still at it?"

I've never asked "why?" myself, because I troll theist websites. I strengthen my arguments by trying them out against theists, and I just assumed that you do the same.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
(07-02-2012 11:50 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I don't think that's the real reason... otherwise one would ask "since you've reached your conclusion, why are you still at it?"

I've never asked "why?" myself, because I troll theist websites. I strengthen my arguments by trying them out against theists, and I just assumed that you do the same.

Jeez... am I really that much of a villain?

I can't stay simply because I've grown to like the community? Yeah, my original intention was what I said in the OP, but that doesn't make me a troll.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM

(07-02-2012 11:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 11:50 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I don't think that's the real reason... otherwise one would ask "since you've reached your conclusion, why are you still at it?"

Jeez... am I really that much of a villain?

I can't stay simply because I've grown to like the community? Yeah, my original intention was what I said in the OP, but that doesn't make me a troll.

Speaking for myself, i would not say you are a villain. I honestly don't know your intentions or why you are here...... not that you are not welcome, as i do enjoy our conversations quite a bit.
I LIVE for knowledge and new information. Stuff that can change me and the way i think. I look for life changing opportunities. I don't feel you can or will change.
As a matter of fact, as it was jokingly stated earlier "God has you in a headlock".

I can get new info about Pluto as a planet and accept the change. I see you bending and twisting around things that are blatantly obvious. Excusing things with answers that defy logic and reason.

My Ipod is FULL of music, but equally full of God Debates. I look for Christian apologists to STOP me dead in my tracks...i truly do. Kinda like Dan Barker and Aaron Rah have stated...and i LOOSELY quote "I hope there is something else out there".
Thats the camp i am in as well. I just know the bible too well, and the apologies even better...........and its lacking in timelessness, relevance and is contradictory to a fault and possibly the worst historical document for the time it represents.

Honestly, if i had some cosmic experience and i chalked it up to the Christian god...i'd simply chunk the bible in the trash and tell folks The BEGINNING and END of my relationship with JC is 10000000000% personal and the book is bunk.
It would ONLY be an 'experience'... but hell, its better than the crap laid out in the (cough) good book.

You a villain? Not a chance. Just misguided!!! :-)

D
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
LOL you're gonna be so pissed if you don't get into heaven.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post