This is why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: This is why
(06-02-2012 01:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm just glad you're here because you're interesting.
If you were in a tank there would be grease smudge handprints all over it as we all have come to gawk. Plus you're a seemingly nice guy.

Also I think with just the right balance a pyramid could stand on its head.

The cool thing is that I think the same about all of you... yes, even Chas.

Okay, fine... TalladegaTom, too.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
KC, since I am probably way older than you are, I am likely to meet your god before you do.

I promise that I will put in a good word for you: tell god that you could not help believing in him, in spite of the free will and rational brain he gave you.

I am sure he will be merciful on your soul! Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like Zat's post
06-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Ummm, KC, you do realize that our debates with you have been cut short by your mysterious personal revelation, don't you? Maybe when you balance your faith you should start with the reason why you felt the need to protect that little taboo in all debates. Sure, I shrugged it off and lost interest more than once and you were quick to shine your badge. Not publicly because you're more subtle than that, but you surely did so in your heart of hearts.

Why do you hide it anyway? I mean the revelation. I may be wrong, but I think you know the kind of laughter that would bring in this community. And I also think that you realize (in your heart of hearts of hearts) that given enough poking and dissecting, you may start to see it as ridiculous too. You are capable of skepticism, you proved it more than once. All reasonable christians compartmentalize. They have that highly protected part of their brains where they do not allow reason to function properly. Then they use all their reason to rationalize and to justify that forbidden area. Your forbidden area is tiny, but it's there. And here you are, protecting it and being proud of your ability to waltz around it.

Now you know that you have the ability to rationally protect your forbidden zone from a bunch of polite atheists and that means that your faith is stronger. Congrats.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
(06-02-2012 02:51 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Ummm, KC, you do realize that our debates with you have been cut short by your mysterious personal revelation, don't you? Maybe when you balance your faith you should start with the reason why you felt the need to protect that little taboo in all debates. Sure, I shrugged it off and lost interest more than once and you were quick to shine your badge. Not publicly because you're more subtle than that, but you surely did so in your heart of hearts.

Why do you hide it anyway? I mean the revelation. I may be wrong, but I think you know the kind of laughter that would bring in this community. And I also think that you realize (in your heart of hearts of hearts) that given enough poking and dissecting, you may start to see it as ridiculous too. You are capable of skepticism, you proved it more than once. All reasonable christians compartmentalize. They have that highly protected part of their brains where they do not allow reason to function properly. Then they use all their reason to rationalize and to justify that forbidden area. Your forbidden area is tiny, but it's there. And here you are, protecting it and being proud of your ability to waltz around it.

Now you know that you have the ability to rationally protect your forbidden zone from a bunch of polite atheists and that means that your faith is stronger. Congrats.

No, I do realize it defies logic. I do realize that you guys present a very, solid, sound case for not believing in God. The problem is, no matter how irrational it is, I can't shake my belief. No matter how much doubting and analyzing I do, in the end, I come back to my conclusion.

I accept that I don't have a choice to not believe, and the reason I believe is because I am elect. In that, I've also accepted that I will serve God.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The problem is, no matter how irrational it is, I can't shake my belief. No matter how much doubting and analyzing I do, in the end, I come back to my conclusion.

Man I actually respect you for saying that. I wouldn't mind if more believers just said, "Yes, I know none of this stuff makes any real sense but I like it."

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 6 users Like free2011's post
06-02-2012, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 03:18 PM by Malleus.)
No, I think it's more than that. You're actually ashamed to describe it. Even if you got yourself to write it down you wouldn't have the heart to press the Post Reply button. Rationally you say that it's worth it because you're elect, but your compartment simply refuses to open because you need to protect it from your own inquiry.

It is indeed immune to a lot of types of reason attacks, but it must require tremendous effort to protect it from a brain like yours. You see, this is why I felt insulted at your proposal to debate something that was meaningless for both of us. I simply felt betrayed at your attempt to use my effort to build a new stronghold around your forbidden zone. That's where your faith truly lives and you never exposed *that* part. I'm sorry to tell you, but you never had a meaningful debate on this forum.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
06-02-2012, 03:22 PM
(06-02-2012 03:15 PM)Malleus Wrote:  No, I think it's more than that. You're actually ashamed to describe it. Even if you got yourself to write it down you wouldn't have the heart to press the Post Reply button. Rationally you say that it's worth it because you're elect, but your compartment simply refuses to open because you need to protect it from your own inquiry.

It is indeed immune to a lot of types of reason attacks, but it must require tremendous effort to protect it from a brain like yours. You see, this is why I felt insulted at your proposal to debate something that was meaningless for both of us. I simply felt betrayed at your attempt to use my effort to build a new stronghold around your forbidden zone. That's where your faith truly lives and you never exposed *that* part. I'm sorry to tell you, but you never had a meaningful debate on this forum.

Fair enough.

I disagree but fair enough.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-02-2012, 03:22 PM
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:51 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Ummm, KC, you do realize that our debates with you have been cut short by your mysterious personal revelation, don't you? Maybe when you balance your faith you should start with the reason why you felt the need to protect that little taboo in all debates. Sure, I shrugged it off and lost interest more than once and you were quick to shine your badge. Not publicly because you're more subtle than that, but you surely did so in your heart of hearts.

No, I do realize it defies logic. I do realize that you guys present a very, solid, sound case for not believing in God. The problem is, no matter how irrational it is, I can't shake my belief. No matter how much doubting and analyzing I do, in the end, I come back to my conclusion.

I accept that I don't have a choice to not believe, and the reason I believe is because I am elect. In that, I've also accepted that I will serve God.

I thought that way just yesterday, now look at me. Living proof that you can in fact change your mind.
[+] 2 users Like Nagoda's post
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
(06-02-2012 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Best answer I have ever heard KC!

Honestly if believing in God is something that helps you with the little time we have on this earth; keep doing it. It's the people that try to rationalize irrational thoughts that make it as goofy as it is; they should just accept that it defies logic. I don't believe God is a bad thing if you use him in a good way and not push it upon others.

I choose Atheism because to me it seems logical; I choose not to believe something that defies logic.
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Also I think with just the right balance a pyramid could stand on its head.
[/quote]

I go with a sound foundation and build up from there. Science, archaeology, astrophysics, etc. That's my base and I build up to my conclusions that God is NOT real.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post