This isn't funny any more...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: This isn't funny any more...
(02-12-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 06:07 PM)DerFish Wrote:  I agree it should not be an issue any more. The average temps for the last 17 years have been dropping.
[Image: 1390269212824.png]
Quote:Actual science should be able to make predictions and have them come out correct or discard the model, right? They announced in the 1970{s that the sea level would rise by 2 or more meters before the end of that century and whined about people not believing them. But it has now supposedly risen by 7 millimeters! I hold that the sea level cannot possibly be measured to within 7 millimeters. But the shit goes on.

[Image: climcent_sat_enso.png]

I am not that computer literate to do links etc... but just google 1970,s prediction of ocean level rise and it will come up. It is like checking Bible claims. It can easily be checked out. Look closely at your chart. If one starts about 17 years ago the temps are still higher than 1950 but are indeed trending down since 1998 or so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
(02-12-2015 06:46 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: 1390269212824.png]

[Image: climcent_sat_enso.png]

I am not that computer literate to do links etc... but just google 1970,s prediction of ocean level rise and it will come up. It is like checking Bible claims. It can easily be checked out. Look closely at your chart. If one starts about 17 years ago the temps are still higher than 1950 but are indeed trending down since 1998 or so.

I did - I see the opposite.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-12-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 08:25 AM by Iñigo.)
DerFish, you still need a reference to the temps dropping for the last 17 years. Even if the predictions you claim had been made in the 70s, 45 years is a long time in science. Compare what we knew in 1900 and then 1945. Compare what we knew in 1945 and knew in 1990. Science moves on, self correcting mechanisms and new technologies knock out erroneous conclusions and hypotheses through multiple iterative cycles until what remains is fairly robust. If you cite stuff back from 45 years ago on a subject that has been continuously studied you might as well be citing Darwin saying that the fossil record is sparse.
[+] 3 users Like Iñigo's post
02-12-2015, 07:21 PM
(02-12-2015 06:46 PM)DerFish Wrote:  If one starts about 17 years ago the temps are still higher than 1950 but are indeed trending down since 1998 or so.

I have heard this too. However, not so in Australia. It is getting more dangerous to go out in the sun. Check this out.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Here is where the no global warming in the last 17 years bullshit originated.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact...-17-years/

Even Ted Cruz has backed off that claim now.

By the way, fuck James Inhofe and fuck his god.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
02-12-2015, 08:44 PM
(02-12-2015 02:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Here's the dickhead from last year.

He's still a dickhead. Some things never change.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-12-2015, 09:59 PM
(02-12-2015 05:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 05:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  'Murica!

Australia is not much better, sadly.

Yabut you go through PMs like M&Ms you're bound to end up landing on one that isn't a complete retard. Probability.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-12-2015, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 11:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-12-2015 01:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  US Senator James Inhofe on climate change:
Quote:Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., a vocal climate science denialist, criticized President Obama’s participation in a Paris summit to address climate change yesterday, saying that climate science ignores the role of God in determining global temperatures.

Think that's bad? He's the chairman of the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. He's fucking got a strong say in determining US policies on addressing climate change. FUCK us all! We need these nimrods out of office.

What a fucking moron.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ja...ate-change

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-12-2015, 07:54 AM
From a St. Louis relative:
St. Louis faith leaders gather to send prayers to climate change summit in Paris
“It’s a moral and ethical issue,” she said. “The weakest and poorest have been suffering the most.”

The people who have been lecturing me for almost half a century about compassion for the poor now want them relegated to permanent status. I love reading about wealthy Westerners, with a lifestyle given to them by the Industrial Revolution, who cringe at the thought of poor people having access to clean water, a sewer system and refrigeration).

There is nothing more wonderful than secular religion. Sorry, I forgot. This is all about simple physics. Too funny.

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/faith...fd82a.html
03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
(02-12-2015 05:53 PM)cactus Wrote:  JeZeus Christ, our planet is doomed Facepalm

It pisses me off that Obama is the one going to these meetings, but he can't just pledge X dollars to help because he has to go to the Republican-led House and Senate to get that money. It's bad enough that a big chunk of them are science-denying mouth-breathers, but even still, they'll attach that money to other putrid agendas like defunding Planned Parenthood or some new batch of voter disenfranchisement laws.

The adults are sitting at the grown up table figuring out how we can fix this global problem, and the petulant children are throwing a tantrum that they don't like what's being served for dinner.

"Okay folks, our roof is getting old, and we need to figure out how to pay to fix it. We-"
"No it's not! And if you don't order me a cheese pizza, I'll burn the fucking house down!"
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post