This isn't funny any more...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: This isn't funny any more...
(07-12-2015 04:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:02 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I disagree. It's always funny.

I don't find it funny. Hitchens was right, religion poisons everything. Now while you have the right to laugh at it, and no, you cant purge the world of it, you DO and should take it seriously.

Don't just laugh about it, show up to the polls and get these guys out of office.
Why do you assume I don't vote?

I always vote. As does about 85% of my fellow Danes in the national election.

Sadly the EU elections has a very low voter turnout at about 50-55%
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 05:10 AM
(07-12-2015 07:39 AM)Walter Wrote:  When will skeptics / secularists / atheists, whatever you want to be called, come to the conclusion that modern science deserves at least 1000 (10,000?) times the ridicule that fundamentalist Christians receive?
When it's demonstrated to be bullshit. Like religion.

Quote:Let us pray. On an atheist web site. Too damn funny.
Rolleyes You're the only one who said anything about praying. The rest of us get off our arses and *do* something.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-12-2015, 05:28 AM
(08-12-2015 05:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 07:39 AM)Walter Wrote:  Let us pray. On an atheist web site. Too damn funny.
Rolleyes You're the only one who said anything about praying. The rest of us get off our arses and *do* something.

[Image: TAqRgzi.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2015, 01:23 PM
This majesty of faith stuff brought back memories of Michael Shermer. He was once a skeptic of the whole anthropogenic thing. Then, 10 years ago, he underwent a religious conversion, in part because of what evangelical Christians wrote about climate and environmental science. He wrote about his conversion in one of the most prestigious scientific journals, right up there with Journal of Creation.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ing-point/

That is what I always do. When confused about a certain scientific subject, be it physics, geology, mathematics, astrology or psychic phenomena, I immediately go to evangelical Christians for an objective view.

Praise doG!
08-12-2015, 03:49 PM
That is a great article, Walter. Four years ago, my wife was doing a seminar in Anadyr, Russia, above the Arctic Circle on language acquisition. At the same time, a large group of climate scientists were working up there. They all, including my wife, ate in the same dining hall every night and they gave her an education on climate change. She came home a wild eyed activist on the subject and she brought me some books that they gave her about climate change.

She also brought me some reindeer meat. She said all they had to eat during the two weeks she was there was reindeer that was killed by local hunters. To say that Anadyr is isolated is an understatement. My wife is a wild game meat lover and she never got tired of reindeer. I usually travel with my wife but the Ruskies wouldn't let me come with her on that trip. I've been to Russia many times with no problem but this time, they checked on my military background. Anadyr is also a "secret" military base and you cannot get permission to go there if they think you know anything about weapons and weaponry.
08-12-2015, 04:13 PM
I believe the relevant question is: Have we not yet passed the line where a non-authoritarian, democratic government can enact and enforce regulations strict enough to stop near-complete environmental destruction and educate the masses swiftly enough or is the situation already only salvagable by a dictatorial, militaristic leadership that rewards dissent with bloodshed?

I fear it's the latter. Sad