This made me laugh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 10:10 AM by JDog554.)
This made me laugh
So I was reading an article about that solar eclipse I mentioned in a thread earlier and I saw this comment. I couldn't help but lol so much because of it. Who wants to tell her that a solar and lunar eclipse at the same time is impossible and why the "prophecy" is never coming true?

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Update: So I started a debate with this woman. Think I went too far?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
27-04-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: This made me laugh
(27-04-2014 11:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was reading an article about that solar eclipse I mentioned in a thread earlier and I saw this comment. I couldn't help but lol so much because of it. Who wants to tell her that a solar and lunar eclipse at the same time is impossible and why the "prophecy" is never coming true?

Okay. OBVIOUSLY we're going to hang a space station in orbit with an apparent size equal to the sun and moon, allowing simultaneous eclipses. The Bible Says It.

.... bonus points for sticking it at L1.

EDIT: I meant Earth-Luna's L1. Bonus bonus bonus points for sticking it at the Earth-Sol L1.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
27-04-2014, 11:14 PM
(27-04-2014 11:08 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 11:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was reading an article about that solar eclipse I mentioned in a thread earlier and I saw this comment. I couldn't help but lol so much because of it. Who wants to tell her that a solar and lunar eclipse at the same time is impossible and why the "prophecy" is never coming true?

Okay. OBVIOUSLY we're going to hang a space station in orbit with an apparent size equal to the sun and moon, allowing simultaneous eclipses. The Bible Says It.

.... bonus points for sticking it at L1.

EDIT: I meant Earth-Luna's L1. Bonus bonus bonus points for sticking it at the Earth-Sol L1.

Lol maybe the bible is predicting the Death Star from Star Wars

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Ugh biblical prophecies are such bullshit (ok all prophecy is bullshit, but i'm being specific here).

What makes biblical prophecy so much worse is how cryptic some of it, and how obvious some is that it makes it impossible for it to be wrong.
28-04-2014, 07:30 AM

Please don't blame the "little pastor" (Diane). Unfortunately, she is unaware that Joel was an alcoholic and wrote most of his stuff while in a drunken stupor.
How do I know this??
Come-on....god told me in a revelation!! How else??

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
28-04-2014, 09:47 AM

He's God. He can do anything. Geez, get with the program. Wink

Magic.
Magic.
Magic.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-04-2014, 09:56 AM
(28-04-2014 07:21 AM)Dyer51 Wrote:  Ugh biblical prophecies are such bullshit (ok all prophecy is bullshit, but i'm being specific here).

What makes biblical prophecy so much worse is how cryptic some of it, and how obvious some is that it makes it impossible for it to be wrong.

I agree

(28-04-2014 07:30 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  

Please don't blame the "little pastor" (Diane). Unfortunately, she is unaware that Joel was an alcoholic and wrote most of his stuff while in a drunken stupor.
How do I know this??
Come-on....god told me in a revelation!! How else??

Lol alcohol can make you experience some weird shit.

(28-04-2014 09:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

He's God. He can do anything. Geez, get with the program. Wink

Magic.
Magic.
Magic.

28-04-2014, 10:42 AM
(27-04-2014 11:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  ... So I started a debate with this woman. Think I went too far?

I'll say. You're attacking her, not her belief.
28-04-2014, 10:45 AM
(28-04-2014 10:42 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 11:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  ... So I started a debate with this woman. Think I went too far?

I'll say. You're attacking her, not her belief.

I'm not attacking her, i'm criticizing the bible for what they have to say about women, showing her how sexist and dumb it is and why it's dumb to believe in it.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2014, 11:34 AM
He's using the literal word in the bible, so it's not a personal as she's spewing prophesy as fact, then ignoring other parts. OP is highlighting cherrypicking.
[+] 1 user Likes Dyer51's post