This made me laugh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: This made me laugh
Tomorrow at exactly 7:26 am a bird will land on a tree somewhere in South America. This bird is the chosen bird. A sign of the antichrist.

Look at meeee I'm a prophet Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
29-04-2014, 04:13 AM
(28-04-2014 09:59 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Tomorrow at exactly 7:26 am a bird will land on a tree somewhere in South America. This bird is the chosen bird. A sign of the antichrist.

Look at meeee I'm a prophet Big Grin

All hail the messiah. All hail lost, saviour of humanity, bestow upon us your grace of bird-related prophesies, for humanity is lost without you. Etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Dyer51's post
29-04-2014, 07:35 AM
(28-04-2014 07:21 AM)Dyer51 Wrote:  Ugh biblical prophecies are such bullshit (ok all prophecy is bullshit, but i'm being specific here).
Meteorological prophecy is not that bad. Doesn't always get it right, but I think it does provide useful predictions.
29-04-2014, 08:09 AM
(29-04-2014 07:35 AM)living thing Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 07:21 AM)Dyer51 Wrote:  Ugh biblical prophecies are such bullshit (ok all prophecy is bullshit, but i'm being specific here).
Meteorological prophecy is not that bad. Doesn't always get it right, but I think it does provide useful predictions.

If Bucky were here, he'd remind us that prophecy ain't about predicting the future (or at least, it wasn't back then), it was about being the messenger / mouthpiece of god(s).

Which makes meteorological prophecy the purview of Ra, Thor and Zeus etc. I guess.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-04-2014, 08:11 AM
(27-04-2014 11:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I was reading an article about that solar eclipse I mentioned in a thread earlier and I saw this comment. I couldn't help but lol so much because of it. Who wants to tell her that a solar and lunar eclipse at the same time is impossible and why the "prophecy" is never coming true?

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Update: So I started a debate with this woman. Think I went too far?

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Ha! You told her.
29-04-2014, 08:26 AM
(29-04-2014 08:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If Bucky were here, he'd remind us that prophecy ain't about predicting the future (or at least, it wasn't back then), it was about being the messenger / mouthpiece of god(s).
Interesting! I've never really spent time investigating the origin of the word; I guess I simply believed that it had something to do with predictions. But the good thing is that I was probably wrong, which is what I get for believing things. Note for myself: don't believe stuff.

I'm looking forward to Bucky's contribution, if it comes.

Thanks for the hint, DLJ!
29-04-2014, 08:44 AM
(29-04-2014 08:26 AM)living thing Wrote:  ...

Was that a prophecy?
Ohmy

29-04-2014, 09:38 AM
(29-04-2014 08:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 08:26 AM)living thing Wrote:  ...

Was that a prophecy?
Ohmy
No, not at all; I don't speak on behalf of abstract deities. Besides, I don't even know if said contribution will come, so it is not even a prediction. It is a manifestation of my current curiosity towards the origin of the term "prophecy" and related words.

I would say I can't wait for Bucky to come, but that'd be misleading so I won't.

Have fun!