This makes me feel sick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: This makes me feel sick
(10-10-2012 09:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Sad

These men fear a teenager so much?

They fear her, her intelligence, and women.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have a good argument against summary execution of Taliban members?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
(10-10-2012 09:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:15 AM)SomeOne Wrote:  I think they fear more her ideals and what she can accomplish with them

Yeah. Shows that they know that in the harsh light of fair criticism their crap will not stand up. So they *kill* critics rather than have dialogue, because they know they will lose. But to try to kill a young girl - it shows that they have no confidence whatsoever in anything other than rule by fear.

Fear is internal. If you fear something, that fear comes from you, not from what you fear. Sometimes it makes sense. I fear bears because bears can really hurt me quickly and severely. Bears can eat me. Bears can kill me. So if I see a bear I do what I need to do to protect myself from it.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense, like fearing a thirteen year old girl who has a diary. It's not likely that she is going to kill, eat, or maim a billion Muslims. So there is no sensible reason for them to be afraid of her.

Except one. The only reason to fear her is because they know, deep in their hearts, that their religion is bullshit (like most religious people do) but they cling to it for emotional reasons, they need it, depend on it to justify their life and their existence and their death. But this girl spoke out against their bullshit and she got people to listen. So many people, in fact, that she won an award for it.

So she's an award winning, very public, bullshit revealing threat to the very existence of these Muslims who, deep down, at some tiny but inescapable level, know that she's right and their bullshit is just bullshit. They either need to get rid of the bullshit or get rid of the threat.

And since Islam is, as we all know, a "religion of peace", we see the inevitable result.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Here's the latest news - the surgery to remove fragments was successful. She was alert and stable prior to surgery so that's a good sign.

Sometimes, human beings can be so amazing and other times can be completely insane.

Imagine someone trying to kill you for having a desire to learn. Confused

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-10-2012, 04:19 AM
This makes me sick, however I am also a little annoyed by it. It says that a gunman stopped the vehicle. If I were driving (especially in that part of the world), I would have floored the accelerator and hit the son of a bitch so hard that it would total the van/bus I was driving. I work a job doing security. I had a supervisor at the last company I worked for get into a minor accident. It is times like these that I wish people like Alex Jones was correct about the U.S. government recruiting maniacs to go over there. I have enough hate for that religion to do some really sick things. I am also certain I could come up with some interesting new forms of torure to make them talk.
11-10-2012, 04:27 AM
(10-10-2012 01:26 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah. Shows that they know that in the harsh light of fair criticism their crap will not stand up. So they *kill* critics rather than have dialogue, because they know they will lose. But to try to kill a young girl - it shows that they have no confidence whatsoever in anything other than rule by fear.

Fear is internal. If you fear something, that fear comes from you, not from what you fear. Sometimes it makes sense. I fear bears because bears can really hurt me quickly and severely. Bears can eat me. Bears can kill me. So if I see a bear I do what I need to do to protect myself from it.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense, like fearing a thirteen year old girl who has a diary. It's not likely that she is going to kill, eat, or maim a billion Muslims. So there is no sensible reason for them to be afraid of her.

Except one. The only reason to fear her is because they know, deep in their hearts, that their religion is bullshit (like most religious people do) but they cling to it for emotional reasons, they need it, depend on it to justify their life and their existence and their death. But this girl spoke out against their bullshit and she got people to listen. So many people, in fact, that she won an award for it.

So she's an award winning, very public, bullshit revealing threat to the very existence of these Muslims who, deep down, at some tiny but inescapable level, know that she's right and their bullshit is just bullshit. They either need to get rid of the bullshit or get rid of the threat.

And since Islam is, as we all know, a "religion of peace", we see the inevitable result.

I disagree about them fearing her because at some hidden level they know she is right. They know absolutely that she is correct. They have to hide behind their religion, because it gives them power. They use tech that in the time their holy book was written in would have caused them to be stoned, burned, or hanged for witchcraft. You can't tell me they have no idea their claims are false. Furthermore, they get to always claim religious persecution. If they come out and say they don't believe in it, but want to remain powerful dictators over women, they would be laughed at and then probably shot. Under their shield of religion, they get protection that we would not extend to any other enemy.
11-10-2012, 05:42 AM
(11-10-2012 04:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I disagree about them fearing her because at some hidden level they know she is right. They know absolutely that she is correct. They have to hide behind their religion, because it gives them power. They use tech that in the time their holy book was written in would have caused them to be stoned, burned, or hanged for witchcraft. You can't tell me they have no idea their claims are false. Furthermore, they get to always claim religious persecution. If they come out and say they don't believe in it, but want to remain powerful dictators over women, they would be laughed at and then probably shot. Under their shield of religion, they get protection that we would not extend to any other enemy.

Really?

I think they are sincere.

Isn't it just like the crazy christians?

I know it's really hard to believe that they believe the nonsense and some are liars and hypocrites but there many who have been so completely indrocrinated and have not been exposed to reality that do believe it all.

11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Sadly, the story itself doesn't make me as sick as the comments on the yahoo news page.

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistani-schoolgi...01592.html

Per usual, it's chock full of brilliance, Muslims supporting the Taliban, and Christians promising to pray for the girl.

Oh... and politics. Always politics. Because as we all know "Obummer" is a secret Muslim terrorist who supports actions like this.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
11-10-2012, 11:22 PM
(10-10-2012 01:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does anyone have a good argument against summary execution of Taliban members?

Yes actually I do. I am sure most if not all atheists agree that death is the end. There is no punnishment after. Therefore, if you want someone to learn a lesson you must allow them to live. For the adults in the taliban, I would shave them bald and then throw them in general population at the worst prison I could find and tell the other inmates they are child molesters. For the kids in the taliban (not absolutely certain there are any), I would lock them up with actual child molesters. Call me an asshole if you will, but I am certain that the majority of child molesters were created by our crazy society when they were children. To me they are not dangerous to anyone other than kids. If you lock them up with murderers and rapists, they get the shit kicked out of them every day by people that are equally bad or in many cases worse criminals. Why not give them a job where they will never be able to interact with decent people, but will be quite useful in using shame to get information out of the terrorist groups? I know I am going to draw a lot of fire for saying these things, but I am not much for conventional punnishment.
11-10-2012, 11:27 PM
(11-10-2012 11:22 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Yes actually I do. I am sure most if not all atheists agree that death is the end. There is no punnishment after. Therefore, if you want someone to learn a lesson you must allow them to live. For the adults in the taliban, I would shave them bald and then throw them in general population at the worst prison I could find and tell the other inmates they are child molesters. For the kids in the taliban (not absolutely certain there are any), I would lock them up with actual child molesters. Call me an asshole if you will, but I am certain that the majority of child molesters were created by our crazy society when they were children. To me they are not dangerous to anyone other than kids. If you lock them up with murderers and rapists, they get the shit kicked out of them every day by people that are equally bad or in many cases worse criminals. Why not give them a job where they will never be able to interact with decent people, but will be quite useful in using shame to get information out of the terrorist groups? I know I am going to draw a lot of fire for saying these things, but I am not much for conventional punnishment.

I'm mixed when I see stories like this. Half of me would be happy to torture and humiliate them. As I've discussed in another thread I hate the concept that "we shouldn't stoop to their level". I think it a nice little safety net for the dregs of humanity, it allows them to commit terrible acts safe in the knowledge that they will never face equal repercussions. The other half though is more of the opinion that we shouldn't waste time and resources on them. They really aren't worth it. We should just put a bullet in their head at the earliest opportunity and be done with them forever.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.