This makes me sick . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 09:07 AM
This makes me sick . . .
Yet another victim of the sky man delusion

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: This makes me sick . . .
If the pastor "ordered" her to do it, then why is there nothing about the pastor being charged? I'm willing to bet this pastor would deny such allegations if questioned by the police.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2015, 11:19 AM
I wonder why some religious people...maybe many...feel that the god they believe in is somehow suggesting to be as violent as possible to please 'him.' It is just so bizarre. What a tragically sad story, and another victim of religion. And a victim of a fucked up family.

Be true to yourself. Heart
22-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Quote:A teenage girl in Argentina has allegedly been brutally gang raped by a group of men and had her eyes gouged out by her sister, as part of a sickening exorcism ritual.

Her family believed the girl, 16, was possessed by the devil. The girl’s sister was ordered by the local pastor to remove her sibling’s eyes to drive out the evil things she was seeing.

... The local police commissioner, Pablo Almiron, said the victim’s parents also believed the teenager was possessed by the devil, and that she kept seeing goats that were not there. They asked a local evangelical pastor to help ‘cure her’.

Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Law of talion would be fitting here I think.

Really though I'm only surprised that shit like this does not happen more frequently considering with what favorite book of such trash is filled.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Such a sad story. Religion needs to go.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-08-2015, 11:27 AM
(22-08-2015 06:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Such a sad story. Religion needs to go.

It really does

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
23-08-2015, 11:38 AM

Sad indeed, however religion is a symptom not a cause. Those with the desire to do ill to their fellow humans would find a rationalization even if there no books talking about imperceptible magic people to give them one. Political affiliation, love, money hell even sports work just as well as excuses to do wrong. Human nature and culture are at the root of this and they both change only with long, sustained effort.

The truth will not set you free. It will only let you see your chains.
[+] 1 user Likes Thameron's post
23-08-2015, 01:20 PM
(23-08-2015 11:38 AM)Thameron Wrote:  

Sad indeed, however religion is a symptom not a cause. Those with the desire to do ill to their fellow humans would find a rationalization even if there no books talking about imperceptible magic people to give them one. Political affiliation, love, money hell even sports work just as well as excuses to do wrong. Human nature and culture are at the root of this and they both change only with long, sustained effort.

I disagree, this wasn't the result of a one-off nutjob with a penchant for disfiguring women, this involved many people who believed they were doing the will of god. It wasn't human nature or culture that lead them to believe she was possessed by demons, it was religion and only religion

[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post
23-08-2015, 01:36 PM
He's right, though. Even if religion disappeared tomorrow, many of that sort of human would find other excuses to be horrible to one another. However, we must also consider that it was religious belief (in demons) that specifically led to this abuse.

When you take "the will of God" out of the equation, you still have ideas that have potential for abuse, but they are easier to deal with because no one treats those ideas as anything more than a concept of mankind, and as fallible as men clearly are. When you keep "the will of God" in the equation, the actors are capable of saying they are operating on a moral plane beyond that of man's reason, and it makes it harder to combat bad ideas.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson