This may sound silly, but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 01:06 AM
This may sound silly, but...
...is it possible there are different planes of existence? Not in the dimensional rift kind of way, but in the undetectable matter kind of way. We are always commenting on how we can't find intelligent life on other planets, but what if the problem is that we are made up of our plane's matter and can only detect similar matter? What if there are races of intelligent life made up of gases or vapors or certain spectra of light and colors that we can't detect with our physical plane sensory perceptors? Likewise, they can't see us, being bound to their realm.

Of course, this would mean that their planet would probably be made of similar material, or else they would think they were living on an invisible surface. It's like a plane where radiation is visible, ultrasound is audible, and carbon monoxide is "smellable" only on a much higher scale. Like things that are so undetectable, we don't even know they exist yet.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
23-08-2012, 01:34 AM
RE: This may sound silly, but...
wow in 32 years i never thought of that And im a thinker lol It could be True idk .

Heart cute
[+] 1 user Likes BizzysaidAss's post
23-08-2012, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 09:02 AM by Vosur.)
I think the more important question is whether or not there is anything suggesting that this is the case. What I mean is, you can come up with all sorts of crazy ideas and explanations, but if there is absolutely no evidence to support them (not saying that there is none for this one), it's probably best to just use Occam's Razor. Something along the lines of "Are we unable to detect other lifeforms because there are none/we lack the tools to detect them or because they exist on a different plane of existence? Which one is more plausible?".

Edit: As for the question itself, sure, it's possible, but that's only because I don't dismiss any possiblity until sufficient evidence to the contrary has been presented, hence why I don't deny the possibility of a deistic deity.
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
23-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Interesting thoughts. In fact, I've wondered similar things on occasion as an alternate explanation to so-called "ghosts" and other such "paranormal" occurances. Not that I believe that all paranormal claims are to be taken as legitimate - many are straight-up frauds - but I myself have seen/experienced certain things that I could not logically explain; even after extensive thought.

It'd be interesting to discover that ghosts and poltergeists were really genuine beings that are somehow interacting with our world (assuming *our* world is not all there is).

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
23-08-2012, 09:52 AM
(23-08-2012 09:46 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Interesting thoughts. In fact, I've wondered similar things on occasion as an alternate explanation to so-called "ghosts" and other such "paranormal" occurances. Not that I believe that all paranormal claims are to be taken as legitimate - many are straight-up frauds - but I myself have seen/experienced certain things that I could not logically explain; even after extensive thought.

It'd be interesting to discover that ghosts and poltergeists were really genuine beings that are somehow interacting with our world (assuming *our* world is not all there is).

Just remember, the answer to "could not logically explain; even after extensive thought" is "I don't know" not "it must be ...".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-08-2012, 10:36 AM
(23-08-2012 09:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 09:46 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Interesting thoughts. In fact, I've wondered similar things on occasion as an alternate explanation to so-called "ghosts" and other such "paranormal" occurances. Not that I believe that all paranormal claims are to be taken as legitimate - many are straight-up frauds - but I myself have seen/experienced certain things that I could not logically explain; even after extensive thought.

Just remember, the answer to "could not logically explain; even after extensive thought" is "I don't know" not "it must be ...".

Well obviously, lol. Nothing of this nature should be taken by default without sufficient supporting evidence.

The fact that I can't currently pin-point a logical explanation doesn't mean there isn't one to be found. I may simple not be seeing it for whatever reason(s).

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
23-08-2012, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 11:00 AM by Logica Humano.)
(23-08-2012 01:06 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...is it possible there are different planes of existence? Not in the dimensional rift kind of way, but in the undetectable matter kind of way. We are always commenting on how we can't find intelligent life on other planets, but what if the problem is that we are made up of our plane's matter and can only detect similar matter? What if there are races of intelligent life made up of gases or vapors or certain spectra of light and colors that we can't detect with our physical plane sensory perceptors? Likewise, they can't see us, being bound to their realm.

Of course, this would mean that their planet would probably be made of similar material, or else they would think they were living on an invisible surface. It's like a plane where radiation is visible, ultrasound is audible, and carbon monoxide is "smellable" only on a much higher scale. Like things that are so undetectable, we don't even know they exist yet.

We haven't discovered life on other planets because we have been to the surface of two. There are billions of planets.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
23-08-2012, 11:45 AM
(23-08-2012 01:06 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...is it possible there are different planes of existence? Not in the dimensional rift kind of way, but in the undetectable matter kind of way. We are always commenting on how we can't find intelligent life on other planets, but what if the problem is that we are made up of our plane's matter and can only detect similar matter? What if there are races of intelligent life made up of gases or vapors or certain spectra of light and colors that we can't detect with our physical plane sensory perceptors? Likewise, they can't see us, being bound to their realm.

Interesting. I've thought about this before and have always left myself open to an inability to perceive some things. As a concept, this is not at all different from considering spacetime and other dimensional relationships. So yes, it possible there are different planes of existence. For me, it's not so much that there might be, it's why there might be.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-08-2012, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 02:15 PM by Luminon.)

The fact is, that such planes are theoretically possible, the very kind of undetectable matter you mean.

I am personally convinced of their existence (and that it can be physically sensed), just look up some my past posts. I'd say the nearest and most detectable kind of slightly different matter is the so-called dark matter, or matter of supersymmetric particles.

There are necessary differences in size and mass of such particles, if they form atoms and molecules (which I think they do) the arrangement must be slightly different. Let's say you've got a larger, massive supersymmetric atom, how would it bond or even interact with an atom of our matter? The orbitals wouldn't properly cover and lock together, like a key with a too large lock. Atoms are mostly an empty space, so without the big pillows of electron orbitals there wouldn't be much interaction, I suppose. Hence theorists call such particles weakly interacting and massive.
I suppose such particles would also generate EM waves of different wavelength than visible. So we wouldn't easily see them, but there are astronomic observations reporting lots of excessive radio or microwave signals in the universe that we can't otherwise account for. (the 2009 NASA ARCADE experiment for example)

But the most important detail is, how much is this etheric plane intertwined with earthly phenomena, like biologic or atmospheric. We live in a gravity well, in a concentration of etheric matter around Earth, in lesser concentration of solar system and our galaxy sphere.
This is also where life evolved. If you want to see some etheric life form, look into the mirror.
I recommend you to look at research of my favorite 3+1 team of Wilhelm Reich, prof. James DeMeo, Miroslav Provod and dr. Harry Oldfield. They all spent much of their careers showing experimentally how this otherwise weakly interacting level of the world is deeply involved in our biology, ecosystem and atmosphere.

Unfortunately, journals won't do that reviewing for you, for some reason. You've got to peruse the websites by yourself and make your own opinion. I already have my opinion, but I got it from working my own chakra centers and meridians and so on, plus a few experiments proving to me that other people also have this subtle-material bodily component. Looks like it's a part of our physiology, specially supporting the nerve and endocrine system. But as long as quacks make money on these very ideas, then serious people will skip that line of research - or worse, test the claims of quacks by the quack methods.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
23-08-2012, 02:13 PM
(23-08-2012 02:10 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Unfortunately, journals won't do that reviewing for you, for some reason. You've got to peruse the websites by yourself and make your own opinion. I already have my opinion, but I got it from working my own chakra centers and meridians and so on, plus a few experiments proving to me that other people also have this subtle-material bodily component. Looks like it's a part of our physiology, specially supporting the nerve and endocrine system. But as long as quacks make money on these very ideas, then serious people will skip that line of research - or worse, test the claims of quacks by the quack methods.
Sounds like new age hogwash, no offense. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post