This new person

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2015, 11:04 PM
This new person
You'll please be patient with my zeal, as this is my first entry, of any sort, as someone who holds no belief in the supernatural.

I have been doing plenty of my own homework on the matters of disbelief- though, for most of my life, going on about it in the hopes of justifying the opposite. It started with the disgust a child can achieve at every mention of the "last supper" myth. Particularly the "drink of my blood... eat of my flesh" tasty bits. No matter how often I heard it, I just could not align my basic, child-aged, morals in any fashion to accept those actions. So I set out to find another entity with a belief system, but would have been content, in the credulity of a fair chunk of my life, with an entity in whom I could simply believe. Any religion that I found even remotely interesting would have my full attention for as long as it could maintain an equilibrium with my senses of self, morality, & the knowledge I had of reality at that time. After all the religions failed, & out of sheer boredom with their rituals, I became convinced I would find a deity free of religion. This, too, would ultimately fail. The realization figuratively brought to me, in the culmination of both well intended endeavors, was: I was choosing, as were all those whom I'd learned about, a deity & subsequent belief system to support subjective view points of life. It was all about what felt, "right," & we should all want what is true.

This is enough of an introduction, I hope, as I have responsibilities tomorrow that require I go to sleep tonight. I like what I've read about, & in, this forum. I think it will make for an interesting place to be more earnestly engaged in frank discussions on the matters of disbelief. And there is almost never a bad time to talk to new people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: This new person
Welcome to TTA.

Jump right in.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Welcome!

I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am now making the move from water to land.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Welcome! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Thank you for your salutations.
22-06-2015, 05:22 AM
G'day. Pull up a chair.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-06-2015, 05:37 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
22-06-2015, 05:59 AM
Thanks the for the intro. Glad you're here!

**Crickets** -- God