• 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 02:53 AM
RE: This or That?
(01-12-2015 02:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 01:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh, you're an American! Big Grin

Jesus, you're sassy today Thumbsup

Well, since you didn't give a this or that:

Companionship with an unrequited love or being alone

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 03:03 AM
(01-12-2015 02:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 02:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus, you're sassy today Thumbsup

Well, since you didn't give a this or that:

It was just a comment on Banjo's thing - I didn't answer his question, which was "European or from elsewhere"...

I choose "from elsewhere", just for completeness, but I'll answer yours as well.

For your question, if I choose being alone am I allowed to have flings? Or is it totally alone? 'Cos if I'm allowed to have flings then I'll choose that, otherwise unrequited love... Sadcryface

Acclaim from one's peers for doing something trivial or... do something useful but get no recognition?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2015, 03:10 AM
(01-12-2015 03:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 02:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, since you didn't give a this or that:

It was just a comment on Banjo's thing - I didn't answer his question, which was "European or from elsewhere"...

I choose "from elsewhere", just for completeness, but I'll answer yours as well.

For your question, if I choose being alone am I allowed to have flings? Or is it totally alone? 'Cos if I'm allowed to have flings then I'll choose that, otherwise unrequited love... Sadcryface

Acclaim from one's peers for doing something trivial or... do something useful but get no recognition?

I'm laying in bed beside him trying to decide if I should cut my losses and run...but then I'd be completely alone.

Something useful, I have to like myself and have pride in my work when I lay my head on my pillow at night.

Keeping up with the Kardashians or Jersey Shore?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-12-2015, 03:18 AM
(01-12-2015 03:10 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm laying in bed beside him trying to decide if I should cut my losses and run...but then I'd be completely alone.
No you wouldn't. You've got a lot of people that care about you. Loneliness is hard to bear though, sometimes you just need a warm body next to yours...

Hug

Quote:Something useful, I have to like myself and have pride in my work when I lay my head on my pillow at night.
Good choice Smile

Quote:Keeping up with the Kardashians or Jersey Shore?
Kardashians. Just 'cos I'm vaguely aware that they exist.

Never experience lack and always be happy, yet never know the value of what you have, or... have a rough time but really value the good moments?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Being given the opportunity to spend a day to say goodbye to all of your family/friends/loved ones where at the end of it you then die.

Or...

Being banished somewhere to live the rest of your life, with no chance to ever get back in touch, or to see your family/friends/loved ones ever again.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
01-12-2015, 04:29 AM
(01-12-2015 03:10 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm laying in bed beside him trying to decide if I should cut my losses and run...but then I'd be completely alone.

Something useful, I have to like myself and have pride in my work when I lay my head on my pillow at night.

Hi Nurse.

I am a bit under the weather now. I went and had a Vietnamese dinner and a martini! Actually that's a lie. A martini and a glass of wine. Shhhh. It's a secret! Wink

I know I shouldn't. But lately....

Listen to me! Big Grin

You have a great deal of worth and deserve to be proud. I am constantly astounded by nursing staff. Last week I had to go to hospital 7 times!

You are among the people for whom I hold the highest respect. YOU deserve to be happy. If you do not act upon your own behalf, THAT is your fault.

We get one life. And nurse, life can be incredible. I know. I've had mobs of girls chasing me for my autograph. They have likely forgotten me now. But it happened!

One never knows what is around the corner. But I see in you somebody who is not only worthwhile, but deserving of respect. And you have it in spades with me.

I just spent about an hour on self refection, of my life and all the trials I had to overcome. Self obsessed, right? I admit it. After all I did spend my adult life on stage.

But you, you must focus on you. Just as I just focused on me. You must make yourself happy. Nobody is gonna do it for you. YOU must make hard choices and then live with the consequences. But at least it was your decision.

You know I was once asked to marry a princess? True story. But I put my over riding love of music first. And I am glad I did. How my life would have been otherwise is unknown. But I chose my path. And it was amazing.

Nurse, choose YOUR path. And fuck everyone else. Most of them are idiots anyway and haven't a damned clue.

Hell I was raped when about 12 or 13. I made a decision and got the fuck out of there. You do the same. Don't allow life to rape you. It will, given the chance.

You are amongst the most cherished people to me on this forum. Not because I like you the most, but because you chose a life to help people. To see you go to waste would leave me devastated!

Signed. Cancer patient who presented himself as suicidal last week.

I cherish your existence. Please be happy. Heart

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
20-04-2016, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2016 07:50 PM by Full Circle.)
Would you rather have this, a rare 1 cent stamp

[Image: 201466201mmweb.jpg__800x600_q85_crop.jpg]

or this?

[Image: 0351d33bc31ba93077c28825656b1e7a.jpg]

1000g = 1kg = 35 ounces @ $1250/oz = $43,750 x 6 = $262,500 X 5 = $1,312,500

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I'd take the gold and hope that I can get it converted to dollars. I don't really have an interest in old money. That's just me.

Sing everything you say
Or
Skip everywhere you go?
20-04-2016, 08:02 PM
(20-04-2016 07:52 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'd take the gold and hope that I can get it converted to dollars. I don't really have an interest in old money. That’s just me.

Sorry to tell you that you just left 8.2 million on the table my friend.

(20-04-2016 07:52 PM)‘CosmicRaven Wrote:  Sing everything you say
Or
Skip everywhere you go?

Singing.

A good read or

A good movie?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-04-2016, 08:06 PM
That's fine. lol

Maybe a good read?