This pisses me off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: This pisses me off
(05-12-2014 02:37 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I distinctly remember seeing the atheist commercial during the Superbowl. Best thing about the whole game.

Hmmm. I don't doubt that you remember seeing it; I'd still like to find something that says it really did air with the atheist ending.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 03:16 PM
(05-12-2014 02:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:37 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I distinctly remember seeing the atheist commercial during the Superbowl. Best thing about the whole game.

Hmmm. I don't doubt that you remember seeing it; I'd still like to find something that says it really did air with the atheist ending.

This says it was 2013.

Maybe I'm older than I thought.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM
For every copy that is changed to an atheist ad, we have one less scientology ad. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-12-2014, 06:33 PM
(05-12-2014 03:16 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Hmmm. I don't doubt that you remember seeing it; I'd still like to find something that says it really did air with the atheist ending.

This says it was 2013.

Maybe I'm older than I thought.

That's a transcript of the modified ad but I don't see where it authenticates that it was shown. I found a couple of comments on other sites from people also saying they remember it and suggesting that it may have been in just some specific markets.

If it was shown anywhere I agree it was a bad idea to do that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-12-2014, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 08:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-12-2014 12:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I posted a video on another thread which was an advertisement for atheism HOWEVER it was apparently originally aired as a commercial for Scientology.

The atheist video

Here's the Scientology video.

I'm pissed. I'm not sure who I'm pissed at but I'm pissed at someone.

Why? I think it's brilliant. Take the fundie fools' message and shove it straight up their ass. I do this with fundie Christians all the time. They have no fucking clue what it means to be Christian. They think they can believe in sweet baby Jebus and that makes them Christian no matter what they do or how they live. They talk about following The Word all the time but few of them have even fucking heard it.

#sigh