This rips my heart out...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 09:16 AM
This rips my heart out...
This will almost certainly bring tears to your eyes.

I think about what I would do in that situation, and though I can't say exactly how I would respond (being an extreme situation and all), I'm almost positive I would shield my wife (the only reason I wouldn't would be because of panic and not being able to respond quickly). It's hard to think how her life and the life of my children would be affected after that day.

Just something I don't really want to think about.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-07-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: This rips my heart out...
(24-07-2012 09:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This will almost certainly bring tears to your eyes.

I think about what I would do in that situation, and though I can't say exactly how I would respond (being an extreme situation and all), I'm almost positive I would shield my wife (the only reason I wouldn't would be because of panic and not being able to respond quickly). It's hard to think how her life and the life of my children would be affected after that day.

Just something I don't really want to think about.

That's the ultimate sacrifice! Yep, tears to the eyes, for sure.

(Not so much for the god bits, tho Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
24-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Not to make light of anything of course, but I have frequently wondered about people basically giving their life for another person.... like do they do it from some instinct, or more of a "they couldn't live with themselves if they didn't" or something of both? It's not like the people can be asked (well, unless they live...). But I do know that many actions I have done in the past are "without thought" even though they put me in danger--but at the time there was never a thought of it (nothing like that of course).

Just the other day I made the comment to my mother that I feel bad for the women, and in a way their boyfriends in the future--they just had a man give their life for them, because they loved or wanted to protect them so much, that they may feel they will never find another man like them.....or.... they may say they want a man who's willing to die for them, and realize they can't find one who knows they mean it literally.
25-07-2012, 05:01 AM
A true heroes and protectors of their loved ones. I have no words for this...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-07-2012, 05:13 AM
No women who saved their boyfriends, then? Tsk!

They weren't heroes. They were fulfilling the "masculine" model. There's no such thing as a selfless act.

edit: Actually, they could be described as heroic, but that's why they did it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2012, 05:24 AM
This shooting, like everything else, is part of God's plan, for which you should give thanks, not grieve. What would you do in this situation? You'll do whatever God planned for you. You are merely an actor following God's script, nothing heroic about that. Thank God!
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
25-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Thank you God.

Amen.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post