This s*** is getting f****** old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: This s*** is getting f****** old
I almost kind of wish that I wasn't even ever f****** born. Because my whole entire life has been not being able to fit in because I didn't understand a whole bunch of s*** and I can't follow basic instructions I can't even tie a tie my own f****** shoe so some guy in an office determined that it was easier to just give me a f****** check so that way the burden of supporting me wouldn't be put on somebody else on one single person instead they spread it out with everyone but apparently that's not OK so if you care so much about your f****** tax money more than human human f****** being then legalized abortion and fun science that would find out if someone was going to be born like me and then allow that person's mom to vacuum suck pathetic morons like me out and then let them try again
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Are you 33 or 31? Meh. It doesn't matter...
Like the title says, this shit is getting fucking old.
22-02-2015, 02:33 PM
(22-02-2015 01:08 PM)Peanut butter bullet Wrote:  You're comparing apples with grapefruits alright a lot of people with learning disabilities don't just make a mistake and learn from it they continue to keep making the same mistake over and over again you're talking to a 31 year old man who has been trying to learn to tie his f****** shoes his whole entire f****** life is 31 year old man who isn't even typing right now this is voice to speech cuz I don't know how to use a proper keyboard right I couldn't learn to type if my life depended on it I couldn't type out a letter if Walter White had a gun to my head in all reality you wouldn't understand the issues of people with mental disabilities working or not working unless you're somebody with a mental disability or if you own your own business and have tried hiring somebody with a mental disorder, in a nutshell a lot of people aren't going to take the risk of damaging their bottom line

You don't think I understand it's difficult to teach someone with a learning disability? Seriously? Education is a huge part of a nurse's job, and every step of the way through school we were taught how to identify learning barriers and modify our teaching to the level of the learner.

Sure, ADHD (me) isn't the same as autism isn't the same as Downs...but they all pose an obstacle. I fucking rock at emergency situations - it's one of *my* strengths - a huge portion of emergency personnel have ADHD, it's something they' excel at. My current job is difficult for me and I'm going to have to go back on meds to help - my other coping mechanisms failed and I don't like to give less than 100%. I've identified a problem and I'm solving it.

Autism is not a psychiatric disorder like schizophrenia which is completely debilitating - you're communicating coherent thoughts.

Stop looking at it as a disability - start using the word challenge. You take a challenge and you don't just beat it, you fucking demolish it. That's the attitude you've got to have to be successful in this world.

So you can't tie your shoes. Neither could Albert Einstein. Solution? Velcro. No biggie. Move on. You found a solution to difficulty typing - great. Next.
Stop getting so wrapped up in what you can't do.

Let's take a member of the deaf community for an example. You try and tell them they are handicapped or have a disability - most of the time you're gonna have one pissed off person on your hands. They make modifications to the world around them and make it work for them. They focus on their strengths.

Or Aspergers - one of my classmates in nursing school had Aspergers. Some stuff he sucked at, other parts he aced - he does nursing research now and his mom still drives him to work every day. Some of my mom's coworkers are on the autism spectrum - they work in missile defense. She has one that she makes modifications for so he can be successful otherwise he wouldn't even be able to make it to other military bases with his luggage, laptop, etc.

I have a friend with dyslexia - guess what? He didn't go into book editing. He served in the Navy and is now a firefighter.

What are you good at? Figure that out first. Then figure out how that can be turned into money, if possible. Maybe it isn't.

Feel better after venting? Just don't let your life turn into a giant pity party.
BTW - there's this thing called the American Disabilities Act - so yes, companies DO hire people with challenges and make modifications for their employees.

"That's all I have to say about that." - Meaning my rant and any further discussion on my part is over.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
22-02-2015, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 02:47 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
[Image: what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg]

You are the steward of your own existence, just because the waters choppy does not mean the boat wont sail.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
22-02-2015, 03:04 PM
(22-02-2015 02:33 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I fucking rock at emergency situations - it's one of *my* strengths - a huge portion of emergency personnel have ADHD, it's something they' excel at.

Military is much the same way, except that we have to be very careful not to actually get diagnosed.

Dependent on medication that is not readily available in the middle of the fucking desert = undeployable.
Undeployable = ineligible for service (under normal circumstances).

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
22-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Winter has never dropped below 35 where I am at. We are not known for warm winters.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-02-2015, 08:35 PM
When people get pissed off, it sure brings out some of their inner color more that I not be fooled as before. Yeah?

First off, it's a fact that many "equal opportunity employers" have employees that treat coworkers like they are others. I've seen it tolerated. Being shy usually gets the dumb dumb treatment. Cliques are not limited to color.

If some people have had help, good for them. A lot have never had intervention in their youth, and little to no information in adulthood. I am so very tired of the ignorant advice that others just magically know what they can do or pull a job out of their butt! It doesn't work that way. I don't know how your environment works, but mine expects all to walk a certain social tune which I can't find the things to describe perfectly. Saying things that are horribly stupid is absolutely ok if you sound good. Sounding delightful makes you smart and good, and not just being it. In the majority of jobs, you impress first! Your real skills are considered after that process if they even feel like going there. If you don't like the work, that's tough. The pay check is more important then your stress level. That's how my society does it.

It's worse for men than women in this regard also! Men who don't have money people think of as pussies, lazies, losers, etc. The jerks saying it don't care how bad the economy gets. As long as they sit in their ignorant comfy chair, they don't see the millions of unemployed and scoff accordingly. ":B Well, it's easy for ME."
Dodgy

Many go so far as to even bigot stay and home Dads. Yeah. All your little boy lives, your worth gets placed on four walls, a gas guzzling freeway missile and even your interest in screwing someone else. You get told how material things makes you a human male rather than your intelligence and health. Hey, I noticed a lot of men don't want to visit the doctor. Oh gee, why? If it's not the bill, it's probably because society had you all believe that you're weak and pathetic for being sick or hurt. That idea is wrong. My grandpa avoided going until he got tired of enduring boils and a rash on his body! He had one on his shoulder that bled down his arm and had to be changed four times a day for two weeks. Yeah! How does that line "just be _____" sound NOW?

OH! It gets "better," doesn't it! Kids are to have certain skills. Most don't get to experiment talents out of what they are given, because only the typical/common type way is to be fulfilled. You walk the common line. End of story, yeah? How the hell is someone supposed to just know what they are good at like this? I don't know what my best skills are. The useful ones anyway. I can work myself into quite a mood. It just takes a little bit of personal thought. I know how to zone out during a speech and make myself look like I paid attention to every word to. (Thank church for that last one.) I day dream fantasy way too dam much and should put it on paper more. I repeat back when I shouldn't. I've made my Dad very angry once repeating his tone back.

With speech, oh gosh, people expect such control that I neither of us have. They don't have that level of vocal skill either, but no.... people care more about mistakes. "Well, that tard is going to get it wrong over again!" Well, that means they will also do the right parts right over again. :/ Ever notice the quality of the same coffee made by a new hire to one that worked there for a long time and just does it by routine? No? huh... ok...
22-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Life is hard man. I have trouble getting a job because i'm extremely shy, have severe anxiety and depression. I don't have any learning disabilities but I struggled in school because I was always uncomfortable and would barely talk unless I needed to. My anxiety always made me sick to my stomach so I always tried to skip school or go home early as much as I could. Didn't help I was bullied as well. Got to the point I became truant was put on parole and almost ended up in juvie because I didn't want to go to school because of the challenges I faced both medically and psychologically. Decided to man up and try and find a better way to finish school. Moved in with my father in Ohio, went to a digital school down there, got my diploma at the age of 17. Graduated a year earlier than my classmates would have back here in Michigan with a GPA of 3.7. Even went through some classes and training for firefighting before I moved back to Michigan. I didn't finish it due to issues with finances unfortunately but for a while I was working towards my dream job. Nothing you can't do if you don't man up and put your mind to it.

Also yes, snow sucks.

(22-02-2015 02:33 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I fucking rock at emergency situations - it's one of *my* strengths.

To be fair you just rock Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
22-02-2015, 11:03 PM
On my walk today..
[Image: f0d0ef099183cf58bdf623a03e7ce763.jpg]
Yes. I know I'm an asshole. What of it?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Its so cold.... Even inside. Homeless people are setting themselves on fire.