This school might ruin me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 02:23 PM
This school might ruin me!
Every time I post here i feel guilty for some reason, but I must post this. Today my school sent a letter to my mom about missing five days if school and now some issues are brought up. First major k e is when I turn 18, I will be kicked out immediately with no support for college what so ever, and whether I have a job or not. Second is that college, now I am not sure if I can go to college.my mom says she will not send me as I might moss all my classes nearly every day. Third, my self esteem has gone down about now with my mom insulting me because if it. I wish they did not send letters like this. They did not do it 2 years ago why now? Now I might not go to college and Japan and I might as well disappear after that. I also got my brother and sister grounded with me because I didn't go to school. Sure I shouldn't have missed five days, but some absences I had were lateness they never corrected and sucky attendece keeping. I wish I did die in that Damon lake, this life thing is getting to hard.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 03:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: This school might ruin me!
(02-11-2014 02:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sure I shouldn't have missed five days, ...
5 days? I missed 118 days my senior year of High School. I showed up for tests. They wanted to graduate me so they didn't have to deal with me next year, win-win.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
(02-11-2014 02:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Every time I post here i feel guilty for some reason, but I must post this. Today my school sent a letter to my mom about missing five days if school and now some issues are brought up. First major k e is when I turn 18, I will be kicked out immediately with no support for college what so ever, and whether I have a job or not. Second is that college, now I am not sure if I can go to college.my mom says she will not send me as I might moss all my classes nearly every day. Third, my self esteem has gone down about now with my mom insulting me because if it. I wish they did not send letters like this. They did not do it 2 years ago why now? Now I might not go to college and Japan and I might as well disappear after that. I also got my brother and sister grounded with me because I didn't go to school. Sure I shouldn't have missed five days, but some absences I had were lateness they never corrected and sucky attendece keeping. I wish I did die in that Damon lake, this life thing is getting to hard.

- Were these absences because of being sick? If so, that seems unfair. Talk to them about it.
- If the absences are not because of avoidable things, and because you wanted to play sick or skip, then stop doing it if school is important to you and show them that you care enough.

I would think that if you can demonstrate that you are dedicated enough they will change their tune.

I was kicked out at 18 and told by my father, "We can't afford you, you need to find a job and you need to move out on your own. You have 4 months." and that was that. I've been independent ever since.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
02-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Did the tardies become absences when you didnt provide a note from your parent?

They send the letters so parents know (and don't have any excuses) when their kids are skipping school.

first day of high school, every piece of paper that went from my house to the school was in my handwriting. I also checked the mailbox to intercept those letters. I also made money writing notes for other kids "moms". apparently I had the perfect "mom" cursive style. Thumbsup

After that, I got a job in the office that handled attendance cards, old school, and the fools did it in pencil. Absences becames tardies, after a week or so a few would be erased. My friends loved me.

If you are going to break the rules, learn how not to get caught. Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
02-11-2014, 04:20 PM
(02-11-2014 02:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Every time I post here i feel guilty for some reason, but I must post this. Today my school sent a letter to my mom about missing five days if school and now some issues are brought up. First major k e is when I turn 18, I will be kicked out immediately with no support for college what so ever, and whether I have a job or not. Second is that college, now I am not sure if I can go to college.my mom says she will not send me as I might moss all my classes nearly every day. Third, my self esteem has gone down about now with my mom insulting me because if it. I wish they did not send letters like this. They did not do it 2 years ago why now? Now I might not go to college and Japan and I might as well disappear after that. I also got my brother and sister grounded with me because I didn't go to school. Sure I shouldn't have missed five days, but some absences I had were lateness they never corrected and sucky attendece keeping. I wish I did die in that Damon lake, this life thing is getting to hard.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Hug

Your school should have a written attendance policy.

It should also have listed an appeal process for turning 18.

Legally you should still have options.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-11-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 05:31 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
but with all sincerity, I think you need to talk to your parents and get in to see a counselor. You have been struggling since you arrived here, you have goals and I would really, really like to see you reach them, but you need to get these issues settled properly. Heart

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-11-2014, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 04:27 PM by cjlr.)

I think in that position what I would emphasize is that university is your choice.

Nobody gives a fuck about high school - but you're the one who wants to go to university. You know where you want to go, you know what you want to study, and you're taking real steps towards both of those ends.
(but you do need good grades and all that - can you use that as motivation to grind your way through senior year of HS?)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Maybe Japan should be grad school, not undergrad.

Just saw a Washington Post article on 7 countries that give free or very low cost college education to Americans in English. Damn phone won't let me paste the link.

03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl...most-free/

[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Hm, damn, this is quite a problem. Is this your senior year? Junior year? Still, you got some time. Aside from trying to keep your attendance up for the remainder of the year (might make it easier to get into college and help you keep good grades), I'd start preparing. Do you have a way to get to a job? If you do, I'd consider trying to get a part time job somewhere. Any money helps when you're trying to get out on your own. Also, I'd do some college/university hunting. See what scholarships and grants are out there.If they really are going to kick you out when you turn 18/graduate, it's good to be as prepared as possible.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post