This section

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 09:03 AM by Hughsie.)
This section
As the more observant amongst us may have noticed, we have a new section.

It's an expansion to The Boxing Ring and is for debates, either 1v1 or open group ones. The three sub-sections are pretty much self-explanatory.

TBR is for 1v1 debates (it's no different to what is was before).

FFA is for open and unmoderated group debates (I'm not crazy about the name btw, I didn't get any suggestions for that one so if anyone has any that would be great).

TVP is where the FT will move any overly heated arguments so people can avoid them if they wish. They are still completely fair game to post in (and for continuing the heated debated), they are just in a designated place. New threads cannot be posted in there.

The main section is a good place for people to post if they are looking for challengers, or for commentary threads on an existing 1v1 debate. It is also where Mods will split any posts moved out of a 1v1 debate.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: This section
Yeah, cause the boxing ring was so well used... Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 08:53 AM
(26-11-2013 08:47 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...
FFA is for open and unmoderated group debates (I'm not crazy about the name btw, I didn't get any suggestions for that one so if anyone has any that would be great).

Sounds more like a melee.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melee

26-11-2013, 08:55 AM
(26-11-2013 08:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sounds more like a melee.

So what do you think, just call it The Melee?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
26-11-2013, 08:59 AM
(26-11-2013 08:55 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 08:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sounds more like a melee.

So what do you think, just call it The Melee?

I really like that idea.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-11-2013, 09:12 AM
A live text 1v1 chat with a Michael Buffer intro. will sort the men/women from the wiki copy paste intellects.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 09:22 AM
(26-11-2013 08:47 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  As the more observant amongst us may have noticed, we have a new section.

It's an expansion to The Boxing Ring and is for debates, either 1v1 or open group ones. The three sub-sections are pretty much self-explanatory.

TBR is for 1v1 debates (it's no different to what is was before).

TVP is where the FT will move any overly heated arguments so people can avoid them if they wish. They are still completely fair game to post in (and for continuing the heated debated), they are just in a designated place. New threads cannot be posted in there.

The main section is a good place for people to post if they are looking for challengers, or for commentary threads on an existing 1v1 debate. It is also where Mods will split any posts moved out of a 1v1 debate.

I question how necessary this is.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
26-11-2013, 09:39 AM
I love it. Periodically there are a lot of threads that end up being exchanges of insults. Some folks enjoy that sort of thing, and love a smart exchange of insults.

If these threads (or just plain challenges for insult battles) go here, those who are offended easily know to stay away, and those who enjoy a good roll in the mud can do it unfettered here.

Makes sense to me, and could be fun.

Argue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Who came up with the name "The vipers pit"???
Stereotyping on poor snakes again No

What happens if a thread starts off well and then later down the line a squabble breaks out. Would it still be moved to TVP? If that is the case what happens to the good part of the thread and the information/discussion laid out within. I understand it would be moved to not offend anybody but good information could be dragged in.

Why not just moderate?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-11-2013, 10:26 AM
(26-11-2013 10:03 AM)bemore Wrote:  Who came up with the name "The vipers pit"???
Stereotyping on poor snakes again No

What happens if a thread starts off well and then later down the line a squabble breaks out. Would it still be moved to TVP? If that is the case what happens to the good part of the thread and the information/discussion laid out within. I understand it would be moved to not offend anybody but good information could be dragged in.

Why not just moderate?

Split thread? Allows both conversations to continue.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man