This should be interesting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: This should be interesting
What would happen though Ed if I paid you and 99 other different astrologers to do a chart for me and....

30 signified the moon to represent A.
30 Signified the moon to represent B.
30 Signified the moon to represent C.
9 Signified the moon to represent D.
You signify the moon to represent E.

Also.......

What happens if all of the above astrologers to do a chart for me and everything they say I think has zero relevance in my life at that point? Would you say that I was wrong or they are wrong?

Also......

How would you explain the effect that different planets/positions have on a person? In your words how does it all work?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 01:47 PM

(11-05-2013 12:07 PM)bemore Wrote:  What would happen though Ed if I paid you and 99 other different astrologers to do a chart for me and....

30 signified the moon to represent A.
30 Signified the moon to represent B.
30 Signified the moon to represent C.
9 Signified the moon to represent D.
You signify the moon to represent E.

You'd have to go with the one you trusted. The one whose reading seemed to fit you the best. The better way is to find a competent one (me, for instance) and work with them instead of trying to "test" them.

Example: I say "I see this, does it mean anything to you." Then you give me some more info, and we are able to focus in. Then we can use the chart to predict.

There's a difference between having your chart read for fun and using astrology as a tool.

Quote:Also.......

What happens if all of the above astrologers to do a chart for me and everything they say I think has zero relevance in my life at that point? Would you say that I was wrong or they are wrong?

I would say you didn't give them the correct time of your birth. Or that you're deliberately or not deliberately blocking, or that you went to the wrong astrologers. Or perhaps you're biased so that no matter what they touch on, you are going to be opposed to it.

Quote:Also......

How would you explain the effect that different planets/positions have on a person? In your words how does it all work?

I don't think the planets or stars affect anything. I think they are indicators of fatalistic forces that are blowing on everyone's life. A person either knows about these forces and thus is able to sail them, or they remain ignorant and get pushed around by them like a leaf on a pond in the wind.

The idea in this life is to gain wisdom. The Divine Source will either force the minimum on you, or you will sail your life and gain much much more. The first thing in sailing, however, is to know the direction of the wind.
[Image: 12%20(1).gif]
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 01:50 PM

duplicate post
12-05-2013, 01:15 AM

So, I finished writing this guy's chart interpretation, and then I looked up who he was. His name is Niall Horan. I guess he's a member of a boy band in England. His chart is spot on. I'm not sure my interpretation of it is that spot on, because he's only 19, and he's hasn't lived out most of it, and a lot of what I wrote, because of his age, projects into the future of his life. There are some real warnings for him in there.

Anyway, when I have it posted as the sample, I'll let you know so you can look at it. I had no idea who this guy was. I had a name, a date and time of birth (The time I figured from his ascending sign.) and I accidently saw a picture when I looked up where the town he was born in was, but only a flash of someone with a guitar, I looked away immediately. So I knew he was probably a musician, but that's it. I had never heard of him, so I didn't think he was as famous as he is. Anyway, whether I knew of him or not has nothing to do with how his chart comes out, only my interpretation of it.

It's funny in a tragic sense. I don't see a bright future for him--unless he becomes aware of what forces are acting on him and takes measures to be cautious. And now that I know his fame is from a boy band, it makes sense. When you peak at 18...well...

As I said at the end of it. These are fatalistic forces that blow upon us. We can let them push us around or like a sailor, we can take the rudder and mainsheet in hand and sail them to wherever we want to go.

In other words, he doesn't have to have a bad future.
12-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Ah, experiments. I always loved experiments, of any kind.

I would like to make a small observation, if I may. It seems to me that you, Egor, are returning to the very roots of religions, the ancient astrology. This makes sense, if you are going to believe in something, why not go back to the beginning, instead of listening to some new, changed BS. I find this a good thing, also, I like ancient astrology, as it has a lot to do with real astronomy.

Tell you what, when you are finished with this boy band guy, would you like to do my chart? I'll give you the real info in PM, you will use my alias for representation.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-05-2013, 05:47 AM

(12-05-2013 04:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ah, experiments. I always loved experiments, of any kind.

I would like to make a small observation, if I may. It seems to me that you, Egor, are returning to the very roots of religions, the ancient astrology. This makes sense, if you are going to believe in something, why not go back to the beginning, instead of listening to some new, changed BS. I find this a good thing, also, I like ancient astrology, as it has a lot to do with real astronomy.

Tell you what, when you are finished with this boy band guy, would you like to do my chart? I'll give you the real info in PM, you will use my alias for representation.

Yes, I would like to do your chart. Just use the form on my website, but when you submit it and you're sent to the pay screen, just click out. I'm going to start charging for this stuff, but I may do a few more for free before I start, and yours will be on the house. But do it now, because I'm done with this guy except for the formatting. I can start interpreting your chart right away and it will give me something to do at work. Smile

http://veridican.org/astroform2.html
12-05-2013, 06:24 AM
(11-05-2013 11:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 04:07 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Egor,

Now count the hits and the misses, and write those numbers down. Then do another series of random charts and see how many hits in misses they have for the same person. Write the numbers down and compare the hit and miss rate of the actual chart versus the random chart. Repeat this experiment a few times with different people.

If possible, take the claims from each chart and have someone else who doesn't know which ones are from the real chart and which are from the random charts. Let them be the ones who count the hits and the misses to minimise bias.

Why?

Why? To reliably determine whether the information you are obtaining from this technique is reliable or unreliable. Isn't that an important question to ask?

If the information from this person's chart is reliable, it should have significantly more hits than a random chart. If it is unreliable then we can expect it to have a comparable hit rate to random charts.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
12-05-2013, 10:21 AM
OK, I've done it...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM

(12-05-2013 06:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Why? To reliably determine whether the information you are obtaining from this technique is reliable or unreliable. Isn't that an important question to ask?

If the information from this person's chart is reliable, it should have significantly more hits than a random chart. If it is unreliable then we can expect it to have a comparable hit rate to random charts.

Even better: What I need is a set of random charts. But one of them would be for a person I know very well but don't know the person's birthday or sun sign. The chart that most fits them is the one I should pick and that should correspond to the correct chart.

Otherwise, I would have several target people. For some I would have false birthdays, times and locations. For others, I would have the right info. In that scenario, I should have more accurate chart interpretations for the people for whom I had the correct birthday, time and location. But that would be a lot more work on my part. I'd be doing a bunch of vain interpretations.

The first scenario would be easier on the astrologer.

The problem is that's a lot of work: hundreds of charts, statistical analysis, and for what? To prove to you I'm legit? And then what? Does that prove astrology is real? What if I'm just psychic and ESP is at work? ESP has already been proven to be a real phenomena. How would we control for that? In the end, we'd do all the work and still not be able to come to a conclusion.

I have a simpler solution. Why don't you just have me do your chart and see what you think about it? If it's meaningful to you, use it. If it's not, don't.
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM

(12-05-2013 10:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, I've done it...

Got it, but is your time of birth AM or PM?

Also, give me a little time. I have to build my sample (the boy band guy) first, and then I will work on yours. But I won't work on any other until I finish with yours. So, even if it's a week coming to you--it's coming.

E.