This story might make even me believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 04:33 AM
This story might make even me believe in God
Baby pronounced dead and 12 hours later starts crying when parents visit morgue. hell, even i'm agreeing with all the yahoo comments that it's god. god is one fucked up dude to make these parents go through that. 3 doctors said she was dead. how does this happen. does anyone here have experience in the medical field to shed some light.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/new...01352.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 04:38 AM
RE: This story might make even me believe in God
Thank modern science that this sort of thing happens less often. Early 20th century people of all ages were often mistaken for dead. I would definitely ask though what was forgotten when they delivered the baby.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
12-04-2012, 04:41 AM
(12-04-2012 04:33 AM)satan69 Wrote:  Baby pronounced dead and 12 hours later starts crying when parents visit morgue. hell, even i'm agreeing with all the yahoo comments that it's god. god is one fucked up dude to make these parents go through that. 3 doctors said she was dead. how does this happen. does anyone here have experience in the medical field to shed some light.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/new...01352.html
One would assume that the doctors, despite being expert and despite there being 3 of them, were wrong. But the main problem is that we don't have any evidence that proves it one way or the other --- a dead person doesn't gain some sort of mark that identifies them as different from the living, so there isn't an identifier that you could look at on this baby and say, "oh, it's obvious this child was dead at one point".

The reason "one would assume" this is because of probability. Is it more likely that the doctors all looked at the same symptoms, symptoms that they've been trained to see as evidence of death, and declared the baby "dead" even though it wasn't, or is it more likely that the baby came back from the dead? It's rare in either case, but I imagine that resurrection is the rarer event. What isn't rare is people coming "back to life" 5 minutes or so after being declared dead. I don't believe that we have a good understanding yet of exactly what death looks like.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 04:46 AM
i thought they checked the pulse. in the movies thats what they do. doesnt your heart stop beating also.
12-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Premature babies have very faint pulses. It's actually better to check if they are breathing. It's also a simple fact of modern science that premature babies are given a high likelihood of death. Premature babies have a lot of issues crop up that don't generally happen with full terms, so going into the delivery everyone is expecting the possibility that something will go wrong.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
12-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Clearly Zeus sent down a thunderbolt and woke the baby back up.
[+] 6 users Like Napoleon's post
12-04-2012, 05:38 AM
That's.
Fucked.
Up.

I wonder what the case is. Did they just have a colossal collective brain fart and misdiagnosed being alive or not (which is hard to imagine three doctors doing that in a country with good modern medicine) or was the kid actually dead, like no heart beat and somehow it managed to reboot its system? Either way, it's a pretty spectacular thought.

My cousin had a premature child a couple of years ago. They have a really hard time breathing on their own. She wasn't allowed taking the baby home until the doctors knew that the child could breathe on its own while sitting up. So even with this dead/not dead fiasco, I find it incredible that a premature baby survived in a fucking coffin for twelve hours in a cold morgue.

Miracle Light indeed.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
12-04-2012, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 06:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-04-2012 04:46 AM)satan69 Wrote:  i thought they checked the pulse. in the movies thats what they do. doesnt your heart stop beating also.
Well obviously they listened to the baby's heart/lung sounds. The fact that they were, (almost certainly) absent when they listened, and spontaneously started, (or restarted) at a later point, is not a miracle. Human hearts, (and respiratory systems) are rather remarkable evolved systems. Most people have at least 3 intrinsic cardiac rhythms, (a "sinus"..or atrial initiated, (normal) rhythm, a nodal or Junctional rhythm, and any number of Ventricular, or Ideoventricular rhythms)..any of which could have spontaneously started, (which is THE feature of cardiac muscle)..it spontaneously "beats", (contracts). Lots of people experience asystole, and regain their rhythm(s). Why do you think they "shock" people in CPR ? Einstein

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Yer not dead until you stay dead. Shit happens 'cause the word is made of number while we spend all day making up words.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 06:50 AM
i hope when i die, i actually die and dont get stuck in a god damn coffin for 12 hours..... do cell phones work in there.?? "911. What is your emergency?"
One other thing to the christians. How does this make people think there is a god. doesnt this make you doubt god.only a evil god would allow parents to think their child is dead and then hear her scream from a shelf in a morgue.if you give credit for god waking this baby up, don't you have to give god credit for making the whole scenario happen in the first place? what a evil thing to do. fucking jerk. first the holocaust and now this.