• 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 07:02 AM
RE: This story might make even me believe in God
ZOMBIIEEEEE!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 07:28 AM
(12-04-2012 07:02 AM)frankiej Wrote:  ZOMBIIEEEEE!!
Zombie babies. The most delicious kind.
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon's post
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Even if some supernatural event happened that nobody can explain, that doesn't automatically make it the work of 'God', it could have been the flying spaghetti monster for all we know. However, I don't believe that these supernatural things happened, they were probably all mistaken for something else.
12-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I tried to comment on it but it's not working from my computer.

Was gonna leave this.
LOL at people thanking God for letting this child live. God would first have to have killed the child and caused great emotional pain to the parents. I guess appearing on toast just didn't seem all that fun this time. Meanwhile in other parts of the world God is starving toddlers to death while Kentucky fans thank him for helping them win a basketball game.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 05:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-04-2012 06:50 AM)satan69 Wrote:  i hope when i die, i actually die and dont get stuck in a god damn coffin for 12 hours..... do cell phones work in there.?? "911. What is your emergency?"
One other thing to the christians. How does this make people think there is a god. doesnt this make you doubt god.only a evil god would allow parents to think their child is dead and then hear her scream from a shelf in a morgue.if you give credit for god waking this baby up, don't you have to give god credit for making the whole scenario happen in the first place? what a evil thing to do. fucking jerk. first the holocaust and now this.

Not to worry. Just buy a coffin with an escape hatch.
http://www.bpmlegal.com/wcoffin.html
I was driving past a couple cemetaries today, and thought "what a frickin waste of good land". Humans MUST stop that practice and be cremated. We're all star dust anyway, when the sun goes Red Giant. Just do it a little early.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
One of my coworkers asked me today if I saw that (she thought she hallucinated reading such a story)--my internet was down last night so I didn't. Anyway, even if someone was pronounced dead and later came "back" to life I wouldn't see it as a god--unless the person was decomposed, and mainly-skeleton, and crawled out of a grave after decades or knocked over an urn and the ashes formed their body. The latter would be a better case of me thinking some deity did it--as the prior could have an explanation (maybe some weird flesh eating thing, coma, and something else... I don't know).

The reason is simple. For one, what constitutes death changes. There could have been a high percent of "dead" people in the past that we would only consider "on the brink of death" today. In the future, what we consider "dead" could be considered "near death" then. Keep in mind I'm going by a general concept of what technology allows, and the quality of the person/machine being able to detect heart beats, or even brain waves.

Other reason is one where it depends on the situation, and assumptions made by the people and professionals. If a baby is premature and has issues, the thought of "can't hear a heartbeat" would make people be more likely to go to "death" than a perfectly healthy baby going from playing to "no heartbeat"--similar for people receiving care (went blank on the name...) that is provided when the person is not expected to recover. If someone becomes cool and unresponsive in that situation, people would be more likely to think the person is dead than they just happened to become sick and are still alive just with a really weak heartbeat.
12-04-2012, 06:30 PM
My guess would be a weak heart beat was not detected. Many preemies have stopped breathing and been pronounced dead, only to 'come back' later. There is this practice called kangaroo care where the mother lays the baby skin to skin on the chest and breaths deeply. Babies have a reflex that mimics the mothers breathing, helping them to breath in return. Last year I read an article of a mother holding her baby like this to say good bye, and after an hour the baby started to breath again and came back to life. When my daughter was born a couple years ago I'd sometimes take a deep breath to see if she'd notice and sure enough close to every time she'd inhale deeply right away, so cute!

Very lucky that baby was heard by the parents in the morgue! Amazing!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Let us use Occam's Razor to deduce what has happened here.

We have two hypothesis to choose from:

1.) A doctor made a mistake, and didn't realize the baby was alive.
2.) There is a magical man in the sky, he/she/it decided to bring a dead baby back to life.

Which one requires the most assumptions?

1.) Assumptions required: Humans make mistakes. Known past instances of assumption? Many.

2.) Assumptions required: There is a magical sky being. He cares about us. He has the power to bring people back from the dead. The baby was dead in the first place.

Yup, doctors made a mistake. Case closed.
13-04-2012, 01:55 AM
(12-04-2012 04:33 AM)satan69 Wrote:  Baby pronounced dead and 12 hours later starts crying when parents visit morgue. hell, even i'm agreeing with all the yahoo comments that it's god. god is one fucked up dude to make these parents go through that. 3 doctors said she was dead. how does this happen. does anyone here have experience in the medical field to shed some light.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/new...01352.html

One rare case of three docs being totally wrong, and one really tough baby!

Or maybe the kid is an immortal, like Conner MacLeoud.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-04-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 01:17 PM by germanyt.)
(13-04-2012 01:55 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 04:33 AM)satan69 Wrote:  Baby pronounced dead and 12 hours later starts crying when parents visit morgue. hell, even i'm agreeing with all the yahoo comments that it's god. god is one fucked up dude to make these parents go through that. 3 doctors said she was dead. how does this happen. does anyone here have experience in the medical field to shed some light.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/new...01352.html

One rare case of three docs being totally wrong, and one really tough baby!

Or maybe the kid is an immortal, like Conner MacLeoud.
I think you mean Duncan MacLeoud.
[Image: highlander.jpg]

Also.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/world/amer...?hpt=hp_t3

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post