This story will make you cry and hate people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 05:41 PM
This story will make you cry and hate people
http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/04/f...rotectors/

A friend sent me a link to this website, and this article in particular. The thought that parents could literally torture their children like this for years makes me physically ill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: This story will make you cry and hate people
I read it all... the title of this thread was no understatement... I don't hate people in general, and I don't hate in general (hate is a very strong word), but such parents... I call such people "unforgivables"...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 04:13 PM
RE: This story will make you cry and hate people
I read... most of it... after a while I kind of lost interest--like when I could easily say "I knew people almost like that". I knew a minister who said anyone who was abused (a child, even before they would understand god) who would be abused was an evil demonic person who needed to beg god for forgiveness, stop saying the horrible things that were just your own sin, and beg your abuser for forgiveness, and accept any punishment they deemed necessary as part of your punishment. Just a baby under 1? Too bad, you were a horrible sinner who went against god and deserved it.

Later I thought people who say or think any horrible things like that, or similar/worse, might just be justifying their own desire to do the things. Like I to this day wouldn't have put it past that minister to have raped his children frequently, then made them feel like they needed to beg him for forgiveness for being so bad he had to do it. I know one family (sadly "related" to mine....) who the one father raped his daughters when they were around 5-16 -- but saw nothing wrong with it because it was god's will. The daughters married men who were abusive and stayed with them because they were horrible people not deserving of anything good. Thankfully the one husband got drunk (again, after like his 5th, 10th, who knows because we lost count after he went to AA like every year for over 20 years from what we were told, yet he was drunk before and after, I lost count to the number of divorces she had with him and remarriages) and run over and killed on a highway. I celebrated--then felt sad for the driver who would live knowing he/she killed someone, and wouldn't realize he saved his wife and children from beatings and rape that night and for the rest of their lives (hopefully).
Find all posts by this user