This truly saddens me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 10:00 AM
This truly saddens me...
A still of a 4th grade religious bias science test.

http://imgur.com/a/pPJmj#0

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: This truly saddens me...
Maybe it's not so bad. Perhaps before the course started the teacher began by saying,"I don't expect you to agree with the material, just that you learn it".

I'm certain that's what most likely happened here. No

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-04-2013, 10:11 AM
I hope that it was not from public school. This kind of shit going on is one good reason for curriculum standards even for private schools. The problem is, however, that curriculum standards are going to be picked at from religious folks nomatter what level of government has a role in setting them.
21-04-2013, 10:11 AM
"Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"

Out of interest, how old is 4th grade in your country?

21-04-2013, 10:13 AM
(21-04-2013 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"

I believe I was 9 in the 4th grade.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm calling fake.
I could put this up in word, print it off, circle some answers, get my red pen and mark it, add a sticker that cost 20c for like 100 at any stationary store, take a photo and put it on the web... doesn't mean it's real.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-04-2013, 10:16 AM
(21-04-2013 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"

Around 10 or 11 I'd say.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
21-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(21-04-2013 10:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm calling fake.

No, it looks like the kind of thing a parochial school would give kids. I had religion tests like this in parochial school up until the end of the 1st grade when my family moved to a community with better public schools. I'm just glad I got out in time Smile
21-04-2013, 10:18 AM
(21-04-2013 10:00 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  A still of a 4th grade religious bias science test.

http://imgur.com/a/pPJmj#0

How do you know this picture isn't a made up hoax?

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 149
21-04-2013, 10:19 AM
(21-04-2013 10:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm calling fake.
I could put this up in word, print it off, circle some answers, get my red pen and mark it, add a sticker that cost 20c for like 100 at any stationary store, take a photo and put it on the web... doesn't mean it's real.

It could be fake, but for those of us here in 'merica, it's no joke. I would venture it's from a private school, but real nonetheless.

~ Umberto Eco