This truly saddens me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: This truly saddens me...
wow..

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 10:27 AM
(21-04-2013 10:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm calling fake.
I could put this up in word, print it off, circle some answers, get my red pen and mark it, add a sticker that cost 20c for like 100 at any stationary store, take a photo and put it on the web... doesn't mean it's real.

1: This "test" is not the only object that you can do that with, everything is susceptible to that vulnerability, although I'm certain no amateur would use Word.

2: Of course it's not a real "test" look at the questions, it's full of bullshit.

3: As someone who has seen personally many tests from students hailing from (these are down here where I live) Borgia, Seckman High and Imperial Catholic Elementary where my friends and cousins attended from K-12, I can testify that 4th grade quizzes are very similar to this.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
21-04-2013, 10:29 AM
(21-04-2013 10:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  wow..

Have you seen anything on the creation museum? People take this shit very seriously. I've had conversations with people here where I am a few states away who come across as completely impressed with the "science" behind this travesty. It's entirely real. If you're never taught anything different, why would you believe any differently?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
21-04-2013, 10:31 AM
(21-04-2013 10:17 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 10:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm calling fake.

No, it looks like the kind of thing a parochial school would give kids. I had religion tests like this in parochial school up until the end of the 1st grade when my family moved to a community with better public schools. I'm just glad I got out in time Smile

So are we.

21-04-2013, 10:32 AM
(21-04-2013 10:29 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 10:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  wow..

Have you seen anything on the creation museum? People take this shit very seriously. I've had conversations with people here where I am a few states away who come across as completely impressed with the "science" behind this travesty. It's entirely real. If you're never taught anything different, why would you believe any differently?

I've seen Seths video on that atrocity of a building.
It just blows me away that in the 21st century (or even the 20th...) in a Western country such bullshit can not only be present, but present so.. strongly.. in schools.

I still call fake though.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
21-04-2013, 10:36 AM
(21-04-2013 10:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 10:29 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Have you seen anything on the creation museum? People take this shit very seriously. I've had conversations with people here where I am a few states away who come across as completely impressed with the "science" behind this travesty. It's entirely real. If you're never taught anything different, why would you believe any differently?

It just blows me away that in the 21st century (or even the 20th...) in a Western country such bullshit can not only be present, but present so.. strongly.. in schools.

This kind of thing is most definitely going on in private schools in the US. As I mentioned upthread--I attended one as a young kid. I didn't have wealthy parents, but many parents end up putting kids in these private church run schools (mine was an attached building to a church) because many urban communities have just awful schools. Those without means can only afford the church run private schools because they will often charge a sliding scale for tuition if you are a member of the church in good standing--I'm sure that's the only way my parents could send me and my brother.
21-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(21-04-2013 10:29 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Have you seen anything on the creation museum? People take this shit very seriously. I've had conversations with people here where I am a few states away who come across as completely impressed with the "science" behind this travesty. It's entirely real. If you're never taught anything different, why would you believe any differently?

This also very well could be from someone's homeschool curriculum. It doesn't surprise me in the least.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
21-04-2013, 10:39 AM

I don't know as to the authenticity of this particular test but it is representative of that brand of young earth creationist teaching that is creeping across the US in the form of home schools and religion based schooling.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 10:39 AM
(21-04-2013 10:36 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 10:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I've seen Seths video on that atrocity of a building.

This kind of thing is most definitely going on in private schools in the US. As I mentioned upthread--I attended one as a young kid. I didn't have wealthy parents, but many parents end up putting kids in these private church run schools (mine was an attached building to a church) because many urban communities have just awful schools. Those without means can only afford the church run private schools because they will often charge a sliding scale for tuition if you are a member of the church in good standing--I'm sure that's the only way my parents could send me and my brother.

Yuck, the idea of a church run school sounds terrible...

But what you're saying is that the government has failed to provide an adequate public education system...

21-04-2013, 10:46 AM
(21-04-2013 10:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 10:36 AM)BryanS Wrote:  This kind of thing is most definitely going on in private schools in the US. As I mentioned upthread--I attended one as a young kid. I didn't have wealthy parents, but many parents end up putting kids in these private church run schools (mine was an attached building to a church) because many urban communities have just awful schools. Those without means can only afford the church run private schools because they will often charge a sliding scale for tuition if you are a member of the church in good standing--I'm sure that's the only way my parents could send me and my brother.

Yuck, the idea of a church run school sounds terrible...

But what you're saying is that the government has failed to provide an adequate public education system...

The public education system in america is very uneven. If you go to a good school in a state that funds education you can get a good basis. However that is all dependant on geography as even in the best systems there are schools that fall to the bottom. The highest level public schools in america tend to be non-urban schools in blue states with predominantly white children from middle to upper middle income families. These are also the school systems that are best able to supplement their budget with fundraisers and other extracurricular activities.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense