This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 11:21 AM
This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)
As early as today, we could have a verdict from the Grand Jury on the Police Officers actions of firing 8 times into the body of the Black kid.

Personally, I hope the Grand Jury will realize that the Officer didn't need to fire all those times because his life was endangered ; im not even convinced he needed to fire at all . The autopsy seems to say that it was not a close encounter altercation and that the kid was some distance away AND unarmed . Either way, this Officers career and life is toast even if found innocent.

Anyway, this week could mark intense rioting as never seen before since the 1968 racial riots some of us remember all too well. We could see anger played out to its full to extreme anarchy and a lack to get it under control. Interesting week ahead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)
I doubt that on the rioting. Of course, I don't know how things are looking in the US on that score; if indeed a great deal more people are wound-up to the point of riot, as such, I doubt nation-wide rioting will break out over the upcoming conviction...

I don't know how the Yankie system of law quite functions, but this shit would have been decided a long time ago down here; unarmed dude shot with no evidence of aggression? Bang; manslaughter charges.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 03:22 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)
(24-11-2014 11:21 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  As early as today, we could have a verdict from the Grand Jury on the Police Officers actions of firing 8 times into the body of the Black kid.

Personally, I hope the Grand Jury will realize that the Officer didn't need to fire all those times because his life was endangered ; im not even convinced he needed to fire at all . The autopsy seems to say that it was not a close encounter altercation and that the kid was some distance away AND unarmed . Either way, this Officers career and life is toast even if found innocent.

Anyway, this week could mark intense rioting as never seen before since the 1968 racial riots some of us remember all too well. We could see anger played out to its full to extreme anarchy and a lack to get it under control. Interesting week ahead.

Perhaps we should pray about it, because that does something......no wait.. Facepalm

I wasn't at the scene, and neither was you, but I can tell you as an ex-police officer that if you grab for my gun (supported by forensics as in this case) and then turn and run, stop and charge back at me you are getting dropped. A 6 foot 4 260 lb man barreling down on you who already has displayed a willingnesss to kill you by grabbing for your gun (opportunity, capability and intent is now established) is an authorization for deadly force, and you are worried about how many times he squeezed the trigger in under 2 seconds? You realize how fast 6 shots get fired? Under adrenaline, and maybe even fear for your own life at this mad man running at you? How does it go Xtian? Judge not...

If three independent investigation's results (civil, state and federal) convince the grand jury that he was in the right, end of story...that is our system. The local population and influx of agitators from across the country state that they dont care about facts and evidence, they want the officer indicted or they are going to flip cars and burn down the city....not the correct response.

Funny how the ignorant and uneducated dont care about facts and evidence, they will embrace passion and emotion every time...even in the face of superior, empirical evidence to the contrary...kind of delusional really....reminds me of theists.

I say ignorant and uneducated because the educated and intelligent wouldn't be flipping cars and burning down the city because the facts indicate different than their skewed, biased, uninformed, and most likely racist opinion.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 11 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I suspect there will not be any rioting and if there is it will be contained to Ferguson.
24-11-2014, 03:28 PM
(24-11-2014 02:51 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  If three independent investigation's results (civil, state and federal) convince the grand jury that he was in the right, end of story...that is our system. The local population and influx of agitators from across the country state that they dont care about facts and evidence, they want the officer indicted or they are going to flip cars and burn down the city....not the correct response.

Funny how the ignorant and uneducated dont care about facts and evidence, they will embrace passion and emotion every time...even in the face of superior, empirical evidence to the contrary...kind of delusional really....reminds me of theists.

I say ignorant and uneducated because the educated and intelligent wouldn't be flipping cars and burning down the city because the facts indicate different than their skewed, biased, uninformed, and most likely racist opinion.

Is there a word for "victim blaming" on the level of whole populations?
Consider

... this is my signature!
24-11-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 03:33 PM by Miss Suzanne.)
While I agree with goodwithoutgod if the evidence does really point to the officer acting in self defense (like really does not some things that could easily point to them lying to cover his ass)(which could be a big if), I still fear what will happen if they do not kick the officer to jail. Ferguson is still a heap of emotions. If he isn't, the reaction by the people will not be pretty. I'm in a news station to know that the court has made its decision but as of now hasn't announced it. There's three possible locations for our live shot so the more experienced filming person is going in case we have to act fast (to move to a more active spot if need be, gotta look good for live tv). Whatever goes down in Ferguson could likely spark riots in other areas of Missouri, if not the whole United States.

[Image: notagain.gif]
24-11-2014, 03:35 PM
(24-11-2014 03:30 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  While I agree with goodwithoutgod if the evidence does really point to the officer acting in self defense, I still feel fear what will happen if they do not kick the officer to jail. Ferguson is still a heap of emotions. If he isn't, the reaction by the people will not be pretty. I'm in a news station to know that the court has made its decision but as of now hasn't announced it. There's three possible locations for our live shot so the more experienced filming person is going in case we have to act fast (to move to a more active spot if need be, gotta look good for live tv). Whatever goes down in Ferguson could likely spark riots in other areas of Missouri, if not the whole United States.

If the facts support the officer, and I believe he is going to resign because there is no way he and his family would be safe to remain there, then that should be the end of it. I know how it works though and the riots will begin, If I was in charge I would immediately install martial law and a curfew the moment it started, you cant allow mass rioting in the US because a group of citizens dont agree with the facts, especially since they dont even know the facts, just going on emotion, emotion being fueled by outside instigators.

If they find him guilty of something based on evidence, then let the law do what it is designed to do, and hold him accountable.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-11-2014, 03:38 PM
(24-11-2014 03:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 02:51 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  If three independent investigation's results (civil, state and federal) convince the grand jury that he was in the right, end of story...that is our system. The local population and influx of agitators from across the country state that they dont care about facts and evidence, they want the officer indicted or they are going to flip cars and burn down the city....not the correct response.

Is there a word for "victim blaming" on the level of whole populations?
Consider

maybe, but if the "victims" are actually the perpetrators over and over and over, and the facts substantiate that. then it isnt victim blaming it is holding them accountable. Even though the actions of a small demographic group perform the majority of violent crime in the US, doesnt allow us to profile or label the whole group simply because they are overly represented in the criminal statistics. facts are facts though. This is where evidence and not emotion need to come into play.

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-11-2014, 03:49 PM
(24-11-2014 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 03:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Is there a word for "victim blaming" on the level of whole populations?
Consider

maybe, but if the "victims" are actually the perpetrators over and over and over, and the facts substantiate that. then it isnt victim blaming it is holding them accountable. Even though the actions of a small demographic group perform the majority of violent crime in the US, doesnt allow us to profile or label the whole group simply because they are overly represented in the criminal statistics. facts are facts though. This is where evidence and not emotion need to come into play.

You might want to throw some whys in there so it's not just dog-whistling.

... this is my signature!
24-11-2014, 03:51 PM
(24-11-2014 02:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I doubt that on the rioting. Of course, I don't know how things are looking in the US on that score; if indeed a great deal more people are wound-up to the point of riot, as such, I doubt nation-wide rioting will break out over the upcoming conviction...

I don't know how the Yankie system of law quite functions, but this shit would have been decided a long time ago down here; unarmed dude shot with no evidence of aggression? Bang; manslaughter charges.

Just quickly off the cuff, a 15 y/o carrying a knife was shot and killed at a local skate board arena here in Melbourne some time back.
Maybe taser would have been preferred method?
Not saying for one moment the police don't have to make the rapidest of calls...