This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 06:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)
(25-11-2014 06:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  What I have been laconically circling in this thread is that this incident - and the responses to it - cannot be considered in a vacuum.

Aye there's the rub. That's the real question. What was in this kid's head when he assaulted a cop? PCP or bath salts would explain it but he didn't test positive for them. Weed sure as shit don't explain it 'cause he would've just passively mosied on over to the sidewalk muttering "yes massa yes sir massa". I was as big a juvenile delinquent as they come and that would never ever have occurred to me even as a 5'10" 230 lb defensive end who knows how to bull rush with my hands and arms in all sorta configurations including over my head. Even if the cop had said "Get your nigger ass on the sidewalk!" (Which he didn't or kid's friend would've pointed that out.) And I don't buy it was 'cause his momma just didn't raise him right. There is some deep-seated racial tensions in that community. Hannity blames Obama. We were post-racist before a black man was elected massa.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: This week could spell nationwide riots in major cities (Ferguson,MO outcome)
(25-11-2014 06:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 05:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  actually he was 6 foot 3 280 lbs, my mistake. and yes forensics indicate that he punched the officer (established by injuries and swelling, angle etc to the officers face and the dead POS's knuckles and hands) and the officer shot at this huge MAN who was punching him while he was trapped in his car, that is established by blood on his uniform, in the car and the angle of the bullet to the dead POS. So contrary to emotion and rhetoric, a lot CAN be validated. My professor is down there right now as part of the federal task force.

Yes, and?

That's still not even remotely close to the full story. Which - and I know you're as aware of this as I am - we'll never know.

What I have been laconically circling in this thread is that this incident - and the responses to it - cannot be considered in a vacuum.

Very true, you and I were not there. We don't have the whole story. All we can do is review the evidence and surmise what happened based on that. i truly hope every officer in the US is equipped with video and audio as a result of this and many more cases. It protects both sides and gives the court system an actual video to review; not made up testimony for either side.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-11-2014, 06:29 PM
(25-11-2014 06:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  i truly hope every officer in the US is equipped with video and audio as a result of this and many more cases. It protects both sides and gives the court system an actual video to review; not made up testimony for either side.

We have the technology. No excuse not to use it. Unless you're the NYPD or LAPD. Dodgy

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I carry a chest mounted camera whether I'm required to or not. Legal benefits aside, people generally behave better when they know they're on camera, assuming they're sane.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
25-11-2014, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 07:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2014 06:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I carry a chest mounted camera whether I'm required to or not. Legal benefits aside, people generally behave better when they know they're on camera, assuming they're sane.

That's what I'd do if I was a cop just to 1) cover my own ass and 2) remind me to exercise restraint.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 08:03 PM
(25-11-2014 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  What I have been laconically circling in this thread is that this incident - and the responses to it - cannot be considered in a vacuum.

Aye there's the rub. That's the real question. What was in this kid's head when he assaulted a cop? PCP or bath salts would explain it but he didn't test positive for them. Weed sure as shit don't explain it 'cause he would've just passively mosied on over to the sidewalk muttering "yes massa yes sir massa". I was as big a juvenile delinquent as they come and that would never ever have occurred to me even as a 5'10" 230 lb defensive end who knows how to bull rush with my hands and arms in all sorta configurations including over my head. Even if the cop had said "Get your nigger ass on the sidewalk!" (Which he didn't or kid's friend would've pointed that out.) And I don't buy it was 'cause his momma just didn't raise him right. There is some deep-seated racial tensions in that community. Hannity blames Obama. We were post-racist before a black man was elected massa.

This is my point, this has nothing to do with this dude being shot.
It's a race issue, this kid getting himself killed was just an excuse.

Quote:I carry a chest mounted camera whether I'm required to or not. Legal benefits aside, people generally behave better when they know they're on camera, assuming they're sane.

I used to work at a gas station and we had a very obvious camera above the counter and whenever a customer got pissed off and aggressive for whatever reason I'd just point to the camera and they'd immediately become calm. It didn't happen often, but there was a couple occasions.
Fuck guns, camera's are where it's at.

Also taxi's were having a rough time of it here a couple years back (taxi drivers being assaulted/abused) so the government made it a legal requirement for all taxi's to have camera's. It's greatly improved the safety of taxi drivers (and passengers for that matter).

Surely they're not that expensive, especially given all the equipment cops already carry, and the data doesn't need to be stored, it can be deleted after a certain time period and saved if it's needed for something.
It really does puzzle me why it hasn't been rolled out already.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-11-2014, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 10:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2014 08:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is my point, this has nothing to do with this dude being shot.
It's a race issue, this kid getting himself killed was just an excuse.

Black kid was just one of many festering boils and he either stupidly or bravely or more likely in an ill-advised fit of frustration stood up and dared the white cop to lance his big black ass festering boil. White cop took the bait and inadvertently lanced a whole shitload community of festering boils. I can't believe the cop said he wouldn't do anything different or second guess himself if he had to do it over again. That's grounds for not being a cop right there. There were many things he could've done differently. He already called for backup. Here's an idea, wait for the fucking backup you called for. Second, kid's like the biggest fucker in the community, not like cop won't be able to find and arrest him tomorrow. 90% black population should not be policed by a 90% white police force. No good can come of it.