This will make you feel old...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2017, 09:32 AM
This will make you feel old...
On January 1st, 2022, less than five years from now, anyone who wasn't born this century will be legally allowed to drink in the US. Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: This will make you feel old...
When I was a kid it was 16.
Then they made it 18.
Then they made it 21.

Clearly I am old.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2017, 10:51 AM
That doesn't make me feel old.

The other day I realized I have been living in this falling down tinderbox I call a house for over 30 years.

That sorta made " old" a bit more meaningful.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-09-2017, 11:07 AM
I started feeling old when I noticed that most professional athletes were younger than I was -- and that was over 30 years ago.

More recently, every day our newspaper lists celebrity birthdays. Most of the ones under 50 years old are people I've never heard of. I only know the older ones.
20-09-2017, 11:11 AM
(20-09-2017 10:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That doesn't make me feel old.

The other day I realized I have been living in this falling down tinderbox I call a house for over 30 years.

That sorta made " old" a bit more meaningful.....

Fucking A!
I have had to virtually rebuild my entire front porch to keep the code Nazi's off my back. I'm no spring chicken and doing construction work takes a toll.
I haven't walked without a limp in a month.
And yeah I know I'm old when I look at the tabloids in the Supermarket line and I don't know most of the "celebs" that are gossipable.
One upside. My music has become very affordable.
The bargain bin at FYE is just full of great stuff.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
20-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Drinking age when I was young was 21. I had my first real drink at 18. TAKE THAT SOCIETY!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
20-09-2017, 04:05 PM
(20-09-2017 09:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  On January 1st, 2022, less than five years from now, anyone who wasn't born this century will be legally allowed to drink in the US. Sad

Oh, I have all kinds of ways to feel old. I recently realized that there's a whole generation of military retirees I never met because they were still in High School when I retired from the military. That's a bit unsettling. Shocking

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
20-09-2017, 04:08 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
20-09-2017, 04:22 PM
(20-09-2017 04:05 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 09:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  On January 1st, 2022, less than five years from now, anyone who wasn't born this century will be legally allowed to drink in the US. Sad

Oh, I have all kinds of ways to feel old. I recently realized that there's a whole generation of military retirees I never met because they were still in High School when I retired from the military. That's a bit unsettling. Shocking

1.5 generations here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2017, 04:22 PM
(20-09-2017 04:05 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  

If I had stayed in, I would be getting my 10th sleeve stipe in 14 months...

( 40 years)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.