This woman's behavior fascinates me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 12:21 AM
This woman's behavior fascinates me.
http://i.imgur.com/snWLwZu.gifv

The link is to an animated gif that is about 15 seconds long. There are two women in the video. The one whose behavior I find fascinating is the customer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: This woman's behavior fascinates me.
[Image: snWLwZu.gif]

Embedding: It's what all the cool people are doing.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-10-2015, 12:58 AM
(25-10-2015 12:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  http://i.imgur.com/snWLwZu.gifv

The link is to an animated gif that is about 15 seconds long. There are two women in the video. The one whose behavior I find fascinating is the customer.

What is she doing that is so fascinating? Getting out the way on an oncoming vehicle?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
25-10-2015, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 01:28 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(25-10-2015 12:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What is she doing that is so fascinating? Getting out the way on an oncoming vehicle?

I am assuming everyone in that video is acting on instinct.....that none of them are really consciously deciding their actions. It is an interesting video because what we see is the primitive parts of the brain working. This is fast thinking at work.

She flees before the man, but when she realizes the man isn't with her, her instinct is to turn back and cross into harms way to be with the man. She then moves behind the man like he is going to protect her.

I also find it interesting that she instinctively grabbed her coffee.
25-10-2015, 01:29 AM
(25-10-2015 01:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 12:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What is she doing that is so fascinating? Getting out the way on an oncoming vehicle?

I am assuming everyone in that video is acting on instinct.....that none of them are really consciously deciding their actions. It is an interesting video because what we see is the primitive parts of the brain working. This is fast thinking at work.

She flees before the man, but when she realizes the man isn't with her, her instinct is to turn back and cross into harms way to be with the man. She then moves behind the man like he is going to protect her.

Well, duh, it's coffee.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-10-2015, 01:31 AM
(25-10-2015 01:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...

I noticed that. It's obviously because she is worried about the mess that the lorry will make when it crashes into the coffee.

She is showing empathy for the cleaning staff.

The man has his priorities in order...

1. Save laptop
2. Save self
n. Save woman.

Blink

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
25-10-2015, 01:47 AM
(25-10-2015 01:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  1. Save laptop
2. Save self
n. Save woman.

Blink

She went out of her way to grab her coffee and moved herself back into harms way to follow him. It didn't even occur to him follow her. I find that interesting. I would have thought he would have valued her more than she values him.
25-10-2015, 02:17 AM

Both of them "instinctively" grab their coffee. The man "instinctively" grabs his computer as well. (If you're going to try to draw some gender role conclusion here, it's "interesting" that he prioritizes his computer and his coffee over his companion)

He clearly alerts her and they both move away, but in different directions due to their different angles to the threat. I see her moving to the side because she is trying not to turn her back to the vehicle yet trying to avoid tripping by walking backwards, and then she runs for the back of the store as the other three people are doing. Safety in numbers thinking, sure; keep with your social group in a crowd, yes; and also some confusion about the safest path/area compounded by the store layout.

Both pairs, employees and customers, move closer to one another and ultimately towards the back of the store. Definitely both males have a better view of what is happening due to position at the start of the incident, though.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
25-10-2015, 02:24 AM
I thought you left. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-10-2015, 02:29 AM

That's a whole lot of assumptions built upon only seeing their reactions, but being entirely unaware of what they saw and were reacting too.

Plus, I thought you left?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post